Protegimus

Zeus AI Combat Skills

The best place (at lease for now) to get the latest version of Zeu_AI is from the Zeus Community TeamSpeak 3 Server (teamspeak.zeus-community.net

). You login to the Zeus TS3 server and you will see a 'channel' named 'Support & Repository' (or something to that effect). Right-click on this channel name and select 'Open file for browsing' (or something to that effect). You will then see a list of file/folders that are shared on the Zeus TS3 server.

two thumbs up!

.... that is a lame way to do it but I'll give it a go then,.

Better than nothing I guess ;)

/KC

... not really lame when you put zeus server @TS3 to your TS3-favourites, then just 2 clicks away, DL for that little package seemingly will be finished the moment you will just start DL from that folder ... fair enough for a let's say weekly routine ;) !

I'm running Arma 2 1.08 with ACE 2 1.3.

AI react very effectively to bullets from unseen enemies going past their head. They hear the sonic crack and go into combat mode, running towards cover, staying low, and stopping to scan the horizon.

However, this behavior only kicks in at least two full seconds after the shot. They don't even flinch for a period of time in which I could get a fatal shot in easily.

Reproducing it is simple. Just snipe at an infantryman with his back to you 400m away.

I am so confused. Is the issue with the thing fixed? This problem causes error on a few missions which means that they are un-playable...

Also, after reading through a few pages I can still not find any solid place for an updated version of Zeus? Please help.

Glad it's not just us. But yeah that was a strange bug to be getting.

Looking forward to updates. Great product, though :)

.... that is a lame way to do it but I'll give it a go then,.

Unfortunately I have to agree. Having a clear download link that gets updated would be far more preferable. I do not use TS3. THis is a great addon but the mess around getting updates is sadly a black mark.

Hello, I'm using the last Zeus available on yoma's zeus#1 server, I have noticed that AI's chopper (AH-64D for example) wont even care to engage AI's ennemy infantery. Without Zeus, I know that the IA barely engage the infantery too, but from time to time, the gunner mind to kill one or two ennemies per fly-by. I have only an issue with the machine gun vs infantery, Hellfire seems to work fine against armored vehicles but I have no ideas about the Hydra though. Is there a fix for this ?

I really like this mod, but I can't get a rid of CAS.

AT gunners are extremely unresponsive i. e. often when they spot an enemy vehicle they prep AT... then put it back... then prep it again... then put it back again and so on and so forth without firing for a long time.

Also AT gunners often run waaaaay to close to the enemy vehicle and in the open usually ending up very much dead

Can you do anything about this Protegimus?

Tested and confirmed. They tend to run to close to the vehicle.

This is the issue which the Zeu AI developer is investigating (as initially reported by Enders).

I *think* this error only crops up if a T-55 is in the mission somewhere. Doesn't seem to happen with other MBT's or armoured vehicles.

...and I can't reproduce it - are you using ACE or something?

Post your config and startup shortcut please.

I *think* this error only crops up if a T-55 is in the mission somewhere. Doesn't seem to happen with other MBT's or armoured vehicles.

Protegimus

Pro, I'm using our custom unit modpack which includes CSM BAF sound pack, RKSL logistics, UKF weps and a few other bits and pieces plus @ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_SM;@ACRE;@CBA;@JayArmA2Lib.

Replace (or delete) all T55's in the mission and the error disappears.

If you can confirm whether it's an ACE thing, I'll make a note and address it when I look at integrating the weapon dispersion feature for ACE. If you want rid of the dependency message now, remove the zeu_oa_c_wep_dispersion.pbo

only difference will be that you'll get the ACE flavour of weapon dispersion.

This is consistent with what's already been posted for ACE btw, but you're welcome to push the boundaries, but if you're using your own config then you need to post it and do your own process of elimination like Enders.

AT gunners: yes, I'm working on it - trying to get them to engage clusters of inf as well as vehicles, yet without resorting to the AT weapon when the rifle would be more effective - which as you describe appears to be a fundamental problem for them.

Protegimus

At least light AT is completely useless against even the most clustered enemies. They have something in the order of 1m kill radius and very low area damage beyond that :( That is, when using AT rounds of course. Anti-personnel rounds such as HEDP or TBG are extremely powerful against infantry.

2m is the number I've heard for most HEAT.

Probably pretty realistic, except for the complete absence of shrapnel, which is deadly to the chronically unlucky out to 200m even for the lowly RPG-7 (according to U.S. manuals).

Edit: And the thing about Zeus' recommended precision values is that it makes snipers several wasted mags beyond useless. They can't hit a thing, and you can't say it's because they're under stress in a firefight. They aren't because they're snipers. Could there be some workaround that sets their accuracy higher?

Version 0.02 is available for download.

This is the first release to include basic AI tactical functionality, together with the ability to call for support when a radio is available.

Now the platform is there I'll be working on improving and varying tactics to a greater degree. Thanks as always to Solus for allowing me to modify his original work.

Protegimus

This sounds interesting and awesome. I´m looking forward to test it

sorry ma bad engiz)

but

0.02 is available for download
checked all zeus server yas mirrorz and don't see any actual date version////

any more info/link???

Grab it from the TS3 server, File & Support Repository.

maturin: if you don't like the precision values recommended, use your own and post your results - that's what quite a few others have done.

Protegimus

would be nice to see first post up-to-date with download link and some info's/changes

thread sinking in chaos^^

... why not just post a link to it so we dont have to go on to TEAMSPEAK to download the file... Use DevHeaven! You have a file repository there, pleeeease...

... why not just post a link to it so we dont have to go on to TEAMSPEAK to download the file... Use DevHeaven! You have a file repository there, pleeeease...

I don't even know what teamspeak would be used for an SP player. I guess after all these years I don't really know anything about it?

Can someone post a temp link(If ok), or PM it to me?

Edited by Manzilla