Protegimus

Zeus AI Combat Skills

I'm also getting this 'bug' with a stock OA mission - Steel Panthers. Is there a problem with this, ACE2 and the tank FCS I wonder?

Edited by Enders

I get my latest Version from the Zeus TS Server. Now I´ve been so kind to upload it for the guys that don´t know how to do it with TS

I'm also getting this 'bug' with a stock OA mission - Steel Panthers. Is there a problem with this, ACE2 and the tank FCS I wonder?

Confirmed this now - just created a mission with 1 blufor and 1 t-55 and it gives the same error. Delete the T-55 and it works. Any ideas what is going on here?

Just to confirm, where can we get the latest version regularly? Seems to be Filefront, then SixUpdater (or I am crazy), then off the Zeus TS... isn't it also on an Addonsync?

What I'm basically asking is, where does everyone get their version?

Up until the past few weeks I'd been getting my updates from the YOMA Addon-sync, but since the Zeus AI dev has posted that at the moment the Zeus-Community TeamSpeak 3 Server is hosting the latest 'Zeus AI' mod I've been logging into their TS server and downloading the file from there.

I'd prefer the YOMA Addon-sync be updated purely because I'm selfish and have all my other mods (from other sites) setup to sync (as/when needed). It's more of a one-stop shop for me rather having to go to several places for my mods updates.

Up until the past few weeks I'd been getting my updates from the YOMA Addon-sync, but since the Zeus AI dev has posted that at the moment the Zeus-Community TeamSpeak 3 Server is hosting the latest 'Zeus AI' mod I've been logging into their TS server and downloading the file from there.

I'd prefer the YOMA Addon-sync be updated purely because I'm selfish and have all my other mods (from other sites) setup to sync (as/when needed). It's more of a one-stop shop for me rather having to go to several places for my mods updates.

Me too, absolutely!

Basically, it should simply be a well defined location where you can get the latest version without having to seek through posts...

Thanks in advance ;)

A.

Me too, absolutely!

Basically, it should simply be a well defined location where you can get the latest version without having to seek through posts...

Thanks in advance ;)

A.

Or, temporarily, if we were told each time a new version was uploaded to the TS server, that'd also help a lot - at present we just have to check every now and again to see if it has been updated.

It's being updated at least once a week. So just check it out once a week and that's it.

That's what I do anyway.

Enders: thanks for tracking it down, I'll sort it out.

AnimalMother92, Tonci87 & metalcraze: thanks for helping out with download links/advice.

wrt downloads, we don't have the luxury of Terox looking after the download repositories any more, so I guess we'll just have to adapt and overcome.

In terms of development, the base reaction to danger is fairly mature with the latest version providing good performance. Now ACE is on the table again at Zeus there is some integration/selection of modules to do.

I now also have the base implementation of the 'tactical' module coded. At the moment it is limited to basic threat assessment and engagement criteria, with somewhat tactical hold/advance/withdraw. I hope to develop some challenging actions on contact procedures to improve the infantry performance.

Protegimus

Protegimus, thank you for looking into this. I speak of the same issue as Enders in my PM to you, so you don't have to bother replying through that channel. =)

Thanks for the update Protegimus and also thanks to Tonci87 for making it easier to grab! Will try it out coming weekend...

Really liked how enemy AI seeked better cover behind trees/rocks/bushes in later versions :)

/KC

So Protegimus does that mean that you will do a proper ACE Version again? Oh happy day^^

Nice work on the latest version, keep it up!

Compared to the last one we´ve used the grenade spamming has decreased to a very believeable level and i even thought i´ve seen some of the new combat tactics in action, very awesome stuff once again!

Downloading from TS3 wasn´t as bad as i imagined earlier either, didn´t even have to say one english word, just drop in, get the file and leave again. Count me in as one more very happy (non paying) customer! :yay:

Did you simply reduce the grenade spamming or did you make them use grenades only when they are more appropriate? Because while I didn't mind that they were spamming me, I did mind that they were totally wasting all their grenades over nothing because they had no chance to hit me with them from where they were throwing them. Also I had an AI blow himself up trying to throw a grenade through a door (though I guess it's only fair as long as it also happens to players :D).

Cannot speak on behalf of Protegimus in this, but my experience was that, while in some older version there were occassions when you knew (& felt!) that 5 enemies simultaneously threw their grenades at you, it now was actually like "i´m throwing a nade at you, you throw a nade at me", and so on. Really cool and as i said, very believable :bounce3:

I hate to say it, but the readme instructions and multiple folders are really confusing.

So, If I have Arma 2 standalone with ACE2...

Should I use every .pbo not designated as OA in the title?

Plus the contents of the Arma 2 Only subfolder?

A. Dynamic AI is fully compatible with base ArmA 2 - I did all the original

development work with ArmA 2, so there shouldn't be any problems.

You won't need any of the _OA components, so just use the .pbo's listed

below together with those from base Zeus AI - ArmA 2/CO & OA AI core skills:

zeu_cfg_core_ai_skills.pbo

zeu_cfg_core_ai_skills.pbo.ZEU.bisign

ArmA 2 / CO & OA Zeus AI:

zeu_sys_AI.pbo

zeu_sys_AI.pbo.ZEU_test.bisign

FindCover required by zeu_sys_AI.pbo

zeu_FindCover.pbo

zeu_FindCover.pbo.ZEU_test.bisign

Why are we being told to install just these addons? There are many other addons not on this list. Are those incompatible with ACE, then?

It should look like this:

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2OA.exe" -nosplash -mod=@zeu_OA -maxmem=2047

There is no entry for @zcommon. So the Operation Alpha version should be running instead of the old version of Zeus?

Yet the FAQ entry about ACE makes it sound like we should use the existing files of the old version.

And what do the grenade fix and ammo addons do? Both sound like they may conflict with ACE.

In the latest version it seems like my player character keeps giving random orders to my squad members when I'm team leader without me doing anything. Seems to happen when I order my team to combat mode, engage at will. (All - 7,2; All - 3,5; All - 3,3)

For example, my character would tell my 3 to go to a random position and then orders him to stop. This of course breaks up the squad since random squad members stop following.

Is this a know bug and is there a fix for it?

I am so confused. Is the issue with the

You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted. zeu_oa_c_wep_dispersion

thing fixed? This problem causes error on a few missions which means that they are un-playable...

Also, after reading through a few pages I can still not find any solid place for an updated version of Zeus? Please help.

Hey guys. I am a little confused as to what zeus I should have in the folder and if I have too many. I am running combined assault thru steam and have I think every zeus file ever. Zeus regular, Zeus OA and zeus ACE. Im wondering if these are conflicting and If I have too many zeueses in my mod folder. I havent noticed much of a difference. Especially with AI peeking around corners. What should I have?

Downloading from TS3 wasn´t as bad as i imagined earlier either, didn´t even have to say one english word, just drop in, get the file and leave again. Count me in as one more very happy (non paying) customer! :yay:

Just to bump on that one ... i´m clueless on where to find that to download,i checked the teamspeak.zeus-community.net

Teamspeak,but didnt find a worthy link on it - maybe i m blind too but ... uhm yea

Anyone willing to help,thx alot

I am so confused. Is the issue with the thing fixed? This problem causes error on a few missions which means that they are un-playable...

Also, after reading through a few pages I can still not find any solid place for an updated version of Zeus? Please help.

This is the issue which the Zeu AI developer is investigating (as initially reported by Enders).

The best place (at lease for now) to get the latest version of Zeu_AI is from the Zeus Community TeamSpeak 3 Server (teamspeak.zeus-community.net

). You login to the Zeus TS3 server and you will see a 'channel' named 'Support & Repository' (or something to that effect). Right-click on this channel name and select 'Open file for browsing' (or something to that effect). You will then see a list of file/folders that are shared on the Zeus TS3 server.

Note: I don't have TS3 here at work so the channel name and the selection option names may differ slightly.