Protegimus

Zeus AI Combat Skills

LondonLad: the version on Yoma's and the web site are both out of date, the latest dated 29.10.2010 (available from TS3) readme has the following information:

Player and server profile skill levels significantly affect gameplay. Empirical

data provides the following recommended skill settings for the .ArmA2Profile:

skillFriendly=0.98500001;

skillEnemy=0.99500001;

Recommended precision settings for the player/server profile are:

precisionFriendly=0.5;

precisionEnemy=0.48999981;

Protegimus

Hi Protegimus

Apologies if I'm being thick, but does that change apply to Arma2 as well as OA/CO?

Love the mod, by the way :)

Ciao

Carl

LondonLad: the version on Yoma's and the web site are both out of date, the latest dated 29.10.2010 (available from TS3) readme has the following information:

Player and server profile skill levels significantly affect gameplay. Empirical

data provides the following recommended skill settings for the .ArmA2Profile:

skillFriendly=0.98500001;

skillEnemy=0.99500001;

Recommended precision settings for the player/server profile are:

precisionFriendly=0.5;

precisionEnemy=0.48999981;

Protegimus

Excellent - Many thanks for the clarification :)

Any idea who keeps the Yoma repository updated?

I prefer using it as it's easier to see whats been added/deleted/amended etc

im not sure if this has been asked yet - is it possible to incorporate zeus AI into my mission folder like i would UPSMON for example - that way its not a required addon but built into the mission?

thanx in advance

Lightspeed_aust: Zeus AI runs as a client side addon, so it doesn't create mission dependency, whether you use it on the server or not.

So, people can play the mission whether they have Zeus AI or not. The differences in experience are documented in the readme.

AnimalMother92: thanks for helping out.

I'll try and get the web site and Yoma's brought up to date.

Protegimus

Hey Prot -

Just checking in. Has any progress been made on the "ZuesAI completely makes vehicles idiots" issue?

I still get the "Hold Fire" problem with the newest version. "AI Freeze" issue seems to have gone however. Otherwise, incredible addon.

Hey everyone. Does this mod render AI pilots in attack helicopters retarded? They dont seem to use their hellfires or even main gun for that matter. Playing trial by fire they dont shoot at the BMPs at all and are destroyed. I did a test where I placed a helicopter and BMP in UTES. The Cobra didnt fire at all untill it was shot down. Without zeus it imediately fires. Your thoughts on this please?

Hey everyone. Does this mod render AI pilots in attack helicopters retarded? They dont seem to use their hellfires or even main gun for that matter. Playing trial by fire they dont shoot at the BMPs at all and are destroyed. I did a test where I placed a helicopter and BMP in UTES. The Cobra didnt fire at all untill it was shot down. Without zeus it imediately fires. Your thoughts on this please?

I reported this many pages back and still have the same issue w/ the new version. The problem I have is that everything else about this mod is so good that I put up with it and just use LGBs more than I would normally for CAS.

The other day I did have a Harrier drop dumb bombs on a compound. That's the first time I've seen the AI use those and it was pretty effective.

I noticed that too! In "Trial by fire" the chooper engaged the BMP with his unguided rockets instead of the hellfires. They should only engage fortified positions or infantry with the unguided rockets

jaynus: good to hear from you. Haven't had so much time recently, now a couple of other issues are out of the way I'll check out armour crew performance.

CombatComm: I'm not sure it's what you intended, but thanks for the repro; I'll look into it.

Protegimus

Yesterday I played a mission where my Squad has to capture a town (Falar from the south) together with some Bradley Support. The Bradleys acted fine for me. First they were supressing the enemy from behind, then one of the two Bradleys even flanked a enemy Position wiping out a whole Squad of takis. When the fight was almost over the Bradleys advanced into the Town and killed the remaining takis. That seems pretty good to me.

jaynus, what du you expect to be different?

Protegimus,

We run Zeus AI on both our servers and since 1.55 have noticed they are less responsive than previous. They react to sound and activity less, almost as if they have gone deaf.

Keep getting a dependency error when trying to start a mission with Zeus AI on my unit's server:

You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted. zeu_oa_c_wep_dispersion

I made the mission without Zeu_AI loaded in my command line, yet the server won't load the mission unless clients have it enabled. Equalmodrequired=0 and VerifySignatures=0 in server profile also, so I know it's not that.

Edited by Enders

So is there going to be a new update on Armaholic eventually, or is there already an official release that I've missed.

Actually, even with the mod enabled client side, the mission still won't work and dumps me back to the mp lobby...

The issue reported by CombatComm with regard to Cobra gunners not engaging is resolved.

Note that improved performance of AI on the ground and in armour is giving the AI pilots a hell of a hard time...they don't seem to like being suppressed and as their tactics are basically fly direct at the target I wouldn't expect much of them - should be a much better opponent for human flyers though.

jaynus: the armour crews seem to be performing pretty well. Might be worth another look.

maturin: releases are in the usual place, TS3 is most up to date, followed by web site/Yoma's when the admins get round to it.

UGLY58: don't know about that, got any indicators?

Enders: what object are you placing in the mission that is creating the problem, any idea?

Protegimus

No idea Pro.

I do know however that none of the other missions on our server are affected, just these 2 in particular (both using the same template).

The 2 missions that are affected both work with no errors when previewing in SP and when hosting in MP, but fet FUBAR when trying to run them on dedi.

I have tried deleting most of the units from the map to try and see if it was hidden somewhere but can't seem to find where the problem is. The mystery goes on...

Just to confirm, where can we get the latest version regularly? Seems to be Filefront, then SixUpdater (or I am crazy), then off the Zeus TS... isn't it also on an Addonsync?

What I'm basically asking is, where does everyone get their version?