Protegimus

Zeus AI Combat Skills

Also is this new version compatible with non-ACE setups?

Just to make sure, this (@Zeuz_AI) replaces @zcommon_ace?

Yes it also for me not clear what files to use now with ACE. Protegimus can you please clarify on that?

Yes it also for me not clear what files to use now with ACE. Protegimus can you please clarify on that?

+1.

I've been wondering that for some time now. I had been using the ACE2 version released this past summer with just the Zeus_sys_ai and Zeus_findCover .pbos from the @zcommon directory until I had the "stuck" AI problem. I haven't been using any of them since.

Clarity would be appreciated.

Hi Protegimus

Thank you for this great mod - currently exploring the March 10 release for A2 using A2Warmod and (not simultaneously!) The.D's collation for ACE. And having a lot of fun, the AI works so much better than vanilla A2.

I have downloaded the latest version and have a query - do the recommended settings for skillFriendly, skillEnemy, precisionFriendly & precisionEnemy in the 31 October apply only to CO/OA, or do the revisions to the core [i.e., version-common] files mean that the new values should be employed for standalone A2 as well? The new value recommended for precisionEnemy is well outside the range recommended for A2 in the earlier release.

TIA

Carl

Is this new release stable enough for the average player to use, or is it hidden away on your TS3 server pending more updates?

Is this new release stable enough for the average player to use

since I've been playing actual "TS3-Version" as far as I can say it is stable enough for avg/casual playing ... most important thing: with this version I have never experienced unresponsible/not moving AI anymore :)

so thx to ZEUS-Team !

as far as i know ace is not supported any more as we stopped using ace on our server when OA came out..

so you'll have to use the old ace version if it even still works with newer versions of ace

as far as i know ace is not supported any more as we stopped using ace on our server when OA came out..

so you'll have to use the old ace version if it even still works with newer versions of ace

That's what I thought. Thanks for the info.

I´m using ACE together with the latest ZEUS_AI and I don´t have Problems so far...

Hi Tonci,

some of the files or all of them?

Because I thought some are not needed with ACE (ballistics fixes etc.).

Could you please list all the files u use and from which package they are?

Right now I find it a little confusing which files to use for a stable Zeus_AI experience.

Cheers

Crusader

I use all files from the new ZEUS_AI that can be grabed from the ZEUS TS3 Server. I would also like to know if it is needed to delete some files to make it work with ACE....

I would think that the rocket ballistics, recoils, and dispersion pbos might conflict with ACE, but I too would like to know for sure.

Last time I use whole new ZEUS_AI with ACE (1 month ago approximately) I noticed that machinegunners, for example, spread their bullets in a too much wide cone. I then compared in the same condition with the old ZEUS for ACE (last june) and everything went back to normal.

I think that ACE has some influence on skills and accuracy and the correct values you change in your profile have to be re-estimated when playing with ACE.

But I may be wrong...

@ Protegimus, Please tell us if this is working with ACE or not......

Last time I use whole new ZEUS_AI with ACE (1 month ago approximately) I noticed that machinegunners, for example, spread their bullets in a too much wide cone. I then compared in the same condition with the old ZEUS for ACE (last june) and everything went back to normal.

I think that ACE has some influence on skills and accuracy and the correct values you change in your profile have to be re-estimated when playing with ACE.

But I may be wrong...

Are you running the latest beta patches? ACE makes AI slightly less accurate (not as big as Zeus' penalty) and increases recoil across the board. Now the beta patches make muzzle climb behave like you have a rocket strapped to the end of your gun. So the AI can't hit anything after the first shot, firing automatic.

In view of the BI recoil changes, I would love it if Zeus would reduce the amount of muzzle climb in order to moderate the effects on accuracy from the lack of auto correction. It's no longer possible to hit the same house 200m away more than a few times using automatic fire unless you are prone or really good at using a sensitive mouse.

@ maturin : no it was with patch 1.54.

I will try with the last ZEUS_AI beta and put an accuracy of 0.4899997 because last time I kept 0.2049997 as it was before we were told to put 0.4899997.

Thx Tonci!

I also would like to have an "official" explanation by the makers of the mod, 'cause right now there seems to be a lot of conjecture how the mod should be used with ACE.

Cheers

Crusader

I know I'm confused.

Me too. As a new player I'm confused about how all the settings in the player profile affect even vanilla gameplay, not to mention those settings tucked away in the config.cpp in /Arma2/dta/bin.pbo. Very much hoping to hear what the settings should be in Zeus AI both with and without ACE.

In the meantime, can anyone point me to a post or thread that discusses these settings without assuming prior knowledge? 'Search' returns a rather long list of threads, some with hundreds of posts. I've waded through dozens of posts but have yet to feel enlightened... :(

TIA

Carl

I'm pretty sure Protegimus has stated that we should use the old ACE2 Zeus .pbos and the Zeus_sys_ai and Zeus_findCover from the current Zeus stuff. I can find where he says this numerous times but I don't see anything where he says the other Zeus files in zcommon can now be used with ACE2. The answer to our question is probably still the same.