Protegimus

Zeus AI Combat Skills

Sweet! Is zeus-community.net down? I can't seem to access it :(

Seems so. Looking forward to the update in 7z form :bounce3:

How can I check if zcommon_ACE is working? The MOUT course was exceedingly easy and one of the AIs froze. I could even walk in front of it and it wouldn't move.

How can I check if zcommon_ACE is working? The MOUT course was exceedingly easy and one of the AIs froze. I could even walk in front of it and it wouldn't move.

I get that as well. I think they may be looking into it. I reported it a few pages back.

And I should clarify what I mean by AI frozen.

Sometimes it's my own AI group members that freeze in place. They will not react to my, as group leader, orders. It's like all animation has been stopped. Other times the group members will bunch up together and not fall back into formation when I order them to do so.

If my AI teammates get "stuck" and I teamswitch to them they will not respond after I've teamswitched back to the group leader(starting player position). Other times it's AI fighting along side me that get "stuck". They just stop moving all together. As someone stated a few pages back, a load seems to get the AI moving again. But I find that they get "stuck" a little while after this load.

Edited by Manzilla

AFAIK "hold fire" means "don't shoot unless enemy spots you" in this game. After all, if they spot you it means they are going to shoot you, so you might as well have your AI fire before they start taking fire. Apparently AI can tell when the enemy spotted them?

If you want the updated version to test immediately you can grab it from the Zeus TS3 server, Support & File Repository.

Hi, does anyone know what link this would be? Tried the zeus-community.net (which was up) but couldn't find the particular location that Protegimus refers to

Cheers,

OP

TS3 server info added to post 948 for convenience. Downloads should be available from the web site/Yoma's later today.

Protegimus

BTW it indeed would've been nice if the chance of AI throwing smoke was lowered at least by 2 times. Because any massive infantry battle turns into a smoke spam.

Removing smoke is a 'no' after all because I want AI to use it, just not as often.

Also a suggestion:

Can you make it so that while AI is moving in stealth mode without seeing any enemy (or being engaged in combat) it doesn't go prone? Not only it looks silly but also takes way too much time for AI to move through even 100m of enemy-free zone.

Like let it go prone only when it prepares to engage enemy or is being engaged.

If the player will need AI to make it through the area in the prone stance there is always a command for that.

Edited by metalcraze

The issue with AI gunners not responding to human group leader commands is fixed, thanks to the detailed feedback from Spork, Whitebishop, Nephris1, Tonci87 & SpetsnazOFP to name a few and to rabbit for additional testing.

The other issue reported by domokun and Nephris1 regarding human led AI not respecting the 'hold fire' order (apparent ROE violation) is also improved.

I had chosen to allow the AI to engage with a minimum combatmode status of "WHITE" (Hold fire, engage at will) as the wiki states that when a player orders his units to "Hold fire", the units are set to combat mode Green, i.e. one state below white.

Also, I say 'improved' as the behaviour matches default AI whereby they occasionally appear to still engage.

If you want the updated version to test immediately you can grab it from the Zeus TS3 server:

teamspeak.zeus-community.net:9987

Support & File Repository. The web site & Yoma's should follow once more testing is completed.

Protegimus

Thanks!! Perfect!! :D

When the updated version will be on the website? I can't wait to try it!!

Ihave done some testing with the new version and it seems that the gamebreakers are sorted out. I didn´t see frozen AI or AI firing when it is not supposed to. So far everything seems perfect but I need more testing. (Tested with CO+ACE+Beta+Zeus_AI)

Well AI got stuck for me today in one of AA1's buildings on Fallujah. It was under fire while proceeding to objective - ran there, took position on the rooftop and never moved from there anywhere.

Hope this will be a rare issue at least.

If you want the updated version to test immediately you can grab it from the Zeus TS3 server:

teamspeak.zeus-community.net:9987

Support & File Repository.

hmm, I am logged on your TS3 Server ...

"Support & File Repository":

Name:

SUPPORT & FILE REPOSITORY (2)

Codec:

Speex Ultra-Wideband (32 kHz)

Codec Qualität:

7 (geschätzte Bitrate: 5.32 KiB/s)

Typ:

Perm

Aktuelle Clients:

0 / Unbegrenzt

Abonnement Status:

Abonniert

Voice Verschlüsselung:

Verschlüsselt

Beschreibung:

WELCOME TO ZEUS

Feel free to ask for help, all required information is available in the

Zeus Community Manual

Other useful Links

1) Zeus Website

2) Zeus Gaming Nights thread

3) irc://quakenet/#Zeus

4) Who Is Online

ArmA2 / OA Specific

1) Latest Beta Patch

-Mod Folder Params

-mod=@zcommon

-ACRE LINKS

1) Acre

2) JayArma2Lib

3) CBA

Invasion 44 Mod

1) Installation instructions & Links

Leads the link to updated ZEU_AI via "1) Zeus Website" ? do I need to register on ZEUS ? ... asking because I cant find the download for it ...

hmm, I am logged on your TS3 Server ...

"Support & File Repository":

[<snip>

Leads the link to updated ZEU_AI via "1) Zeus Website" ? do I need to register on ZEUS ? ... asking because I cant find the download for it ...

Use Yoma, as Protegimus indicated in the cited post #948 - which also has the link for the server. Downloaded the update myself a couple of hours ago.

There's an autoconfig file that will set up Yoma for the Zeus server at

http://zeus-community.net/yas/zeus/yas2302.7z

Ciao

Carl

Yoma addon sync extraction fails (Status: Extraction Failed) for 2 files:

zeu_OA_c_ai_recognition.pbo.7z

zeu_sys_AI_pbo.7z

[Added after posting]

Resolved: I was stupid enough to forget to shutdown the server that was still running while I was updating.

Edited by LondonLad

Hi,

After reading your feedback I'm dying to try the latest version but I don't have Yoma.

So coud a kind soul send me the latest version?

I just re-checked the build on the Zeus website but seems to be dated 5th October. That seems to suggest that it isn't the latest version.

If it helps, I can mirror this version.

Use Teamspeak 3 not browser.

I just logged in there and downloaded Zeus mod without any problems.

Just right click on the channel and open file browser. The 7z is there

thx metalcraze, found it with your hint

EDIT: ... and thx to all yoma-advisers, too, of course .. good to know there are different ways ;)

Edited by langgis08