Protegimus

Zeus AI Combat Skills

[LB] boggler: I haven't changed the keys.

The existing .bikey and .bisign files included in the upload were valid.

Protegimus

Right you are, the zeus bikeys and bisigns are valid. But no one told me that i also need the asr.bikey.:D

It took a while until i looked at the different zeus_ai pbos, unfortunately.

Zcommon is a modfolder/ addon pack compiled by zeus community to run on their server , it also includes zeus AI obviously.

It was originally intended to run alongside whatever mod the server was running, back in ofp times that was either fdf+Zcommon or wgl+zcommon etc.

originally protegimus released zeus AI in a @Zcommon folder also , this caused problems as people who had downloaded zeus AI from here or armaholic for example would get kicked from our server for not having all the addons needed to play, so this had to be changed.

Now newer versions of zeus AI (unless you get it from our yoma repo) are in the folder @zeus_AI

newer versions of @Zcommon and @zeus_AI are the same thing just in different modfolders... you should not have both

as for ACE+zeus_AI ...fuck knows , protegimus will have to clear that one up

Zcommon is a modfolder/ addon pack compiled by zeus community to run on their server , it also includes zeus AI obviously.

It was originally intended to run alongside whatever mod the server was running, back in ofp times that was either fdf+Zcommon or wgl+zcommon etc.

originally protegimus released zeus AI in a @Zcommon folder also , this caused problems as people who had downloaded zeus AI from here or armaholic for example would get kicked from our server for not having all the addons needed to play, so this had to be changed.

Now newer versions of zeus AI (unless you get it from our yoma repo) are in the folder @zeus_AI

newer versions of @Zcommon and @zeus_AI are the same thing just in different modfolders... you should not have both

as for ACE+zeus_AI ...fuck knows , protegimus will have to clear that one up

Thanks!

That was exactly my question!

Protegimus released one Version for the standard Arma, named Zeus_AI and one for Arma+ACE wich he named zcommon (for whatever Reason). So you think that even if we use Ace, we don´t need this zcommon Stuff?

Would really like Protegimus to clear this up:

Which Version should I use?:

Arma2:

Arma2 OA:

Arma2 CO:

Arma2+ACE:

Arma2 OA+ACE:

Arma2 CO+ACE:

Are there more possibilities?

Are you really taliking about Zeus_AI or Zcommon?

Both are different folders.

As with the latest Zcommon i get those probs, mensioned here, to controll the AI.

The use of Zeus_AI folder is just fine.

Yes I'm talking about Zeus_AI.... I have not installed "ACE". I have only ARMA 2 + OPERATION ARROWHEAD + BAF. Without the "CBA" and the "Zeus_AI" the problem of the "frozen AI" does not occur...

But when I open the game with "CBA" and "Zeus_AI" occurs that at least one of my teammates freeze and doesn't move.. always after a firefight... in other conditions all is ok.

That was exactly my question!

Protegimus released one Version for the standard Arma, named Zeus_AI and one for Arma+ACE wich he named zcommon (for whatever Reason). So you think that even if we use Ace, we don´t need this zcommon Stuff?

Would really like Protegimus to clear this up:

Which Version should I use?:

Arma2:

Arma2 OA:

Arma2 CO:

Arma2+ACE:

Arma2 OA+ACE:

Arma2 CO+ACE:

Are there more possibilities?

if your using CO+ ACE you only use Zeu_AI

Hi Protegimus,

I tried using the Zeus here with OA, but I do not see improvements on AI, except in flanking tactics. Today, is this the only direct benefit of Zeus with OA?

Best Regards.

The most important changes of Zeus AI is the detection and engagement range along with accuracy and rate of fire, as well as the recently added find cover function that makes AI try to take cover (as well as deploy smoke) when under fire. Of course if you never tested the AI detection range and/or accuracy you would obviously not notice the difference, but if you played a lot with and without Zeus AI you would definitely notice the difference.

The most important changes of Zeus AI is the detection and engagement range along with accuracy and rate of fire, as well as the recently added find cover function that makes AI try to take cover (as well as deploy smoke) when under fire. Of course if you never tested the AI detection range and/or accuracy you would obviously not notice the difference, but if you played a lot with and without Zeus AI you would definitely notice the difference.

Do you play a lot with OA?

I am still missing Protegimus Answer on what to use for which Version of Arma, beseide from that I havent seen anything from him a long time, is he ok?

I've tried the zeus versions from both the YAS and browser download, and i'm still getting frozen ai. I'm using the latest beta patch with it. Any chance of this being fixed in the next version? love the addon btw

I've tried the zeus versions from both the YAS and browser download, and i'm still getting frozen ai. I'm using the latest beta patch with it. Any chance of this being fixed in the next version? love the addon btw

It seems a common problem .... :( I hope this bug can be solved with the next update of Zeus AI... It would be perfect .... This AI is fantastic!! :)

For Single Player only, which Zeus Version do i need to use with ARMa2 OA, ACE2.? I saw several posts with conflicting info.

Is Protegimus still around?

He logged in a few days ago, so i am wondering if he could give us a statement about any fixed version or answers to all that questions,although a lot are the same.

I also pmed him already but no answer.

So perhabs another one playing with him in the Zeus Gaming Nights could ask him to look around in his thread.

I am using atm a very old Zcommon release which works but doesnot have all features of the latest one of course.

Spork, SpetsnazOFP and for anyone else that has posted about frozen AI - care to post your detailed config and steps to reproduce this.

If you could do some testing by removing .pbo's that would no doubt provide useful information.

Having a reliable way of identifying this will help tremendously with testing a potential fix.

Protegimus

Using latest beta patch, and latest zeus ai (I think, it was Last modified: 04.10.2010) place 2 groups of infantry of opposing factions, make yourself the leader of one group, then attack the other group. To make sure you win, reduce the opposing group's numbers a bit. After the battle is over and your AI are in aware mode, tell them to move some where xxx meters away. usually around 3 members will not move (they might change stance).

After some testing, deleting zeu_sys_ai 'fixes' the problem. Are there other PBOs that rely on the sys_ai? If so, i can do more PBO-deleting testing.

**EDIT**

Deleting zeu_OA_c_ai_rof or zeu_FindCover doesn't fix it.

I think the problem lies within either zeu_cfg_core_ai_skills or zeu_sys_AI

Edited by Spork