Protegimus

Zeus AI Combat Skills

[LB] boggler: I haven't changed the keys.

The existing .bikey and .bisign files included in the upload were valid.

langgis08: yes, you now have the latest release.

Nephris1: thanks for testing the old version, it may help me track down where the problem lies.

Interesting idea regarding the use of flares, anyone know if they now help the AI spot enemy?

rabbit - thanks for taking care of uploading to the web site, appreciated!

Protegimus

Very interested to find out what causes this as I have it without Zeus AI also, but with other mods. I wonder if it's any of the CfgAiskill tweaks. It's a really annoying issue, especially with revive missions.

Messing around a little more in game (with only some unit and map addons), I have the same issue for a little while, but it eventually gets better. Vehicles still seem to want to ventilate me, though, even w/ the setfriend and captive options, it's just not AS bad as w/ Zeus.

I'm thinking the last two betas may have dorked something up in relation to this...and how aircraft fly and fight, but that's a whole other issue.

Good to hear that I'm not the only one seeing this, Robalo. Just wish it wasn't an issue.

Very interested to find out what causes this as I have it without Zeus AI also, but with other mods. I wonder if it's any of the CfgAiskill tweaks. It's a really annoying issue, especially with revive missions.

This could be the fault of the "doFire" command.

If you order a unit in a script to fire another unit by using "doFire" then the unit will shoot the assigned target even if captive or friendly. ;)

i didn't nowt i just pointed terox at it :P

@Where's my rabbit and anyone else. Which ones do i need to dl for the latest version from your link if i'm using CO and BAF? There's a lot of different files there....Thanks! And should i run this with ASR or is it already included?

http://zeus-community.net/important/

Edited by Jblack9

If this is the most recent version it certainly does not address the frozen teammates problem .... :(

Yep, doesn't fix it for me either. Tested by creating 4 squads of OPFOR without weapons running directly towards me and three machinegunners. Both my machinegunners and the some of the opfor stopped moving.

Lasers, flashlights, flares, streetlights etc do absolutely nothing (at least nothing noticeable) to help AI spot enemy, regardless of who is using them (friendly or enemy).

Also they seem to ignore moonlight, and instead have some detection ability based on actual time/date, which often has nothing to do with the amount of light available (that is, you can easily see them, but they still think it's pitch-black, and on more rare occasions, it'll be pitch-black for you so you see absolutely nothing but they'll see you from 20m away).

They just stand still like statues looking around, the only commands they obey are "go prone,"stand up", "crouch", "salute" and "sit" (meaning all commands for which they don't have to move really) ...ANY other command is wasted time for me (they answer 'yes sir' and stuff but no action to that order will follow) ... and yes, none of the little tricks you mean tpw will do. Maybe it's a Zeus issue, really ... so often and nearly predictable I never had it @vanilla or @ace only , too. Most of the time it happens after playing a while and after having a big firefight with some injuries in the squad.

The problem of the "Frozen AI" occurs unfortunately very often in my missions, especially just after the firefights, making Zeus AI unplayable at the moment... :(

I hope this bug can be solved with the next update. :)

Nephris1: thanks for testing the old version, it may help me track down where the problem lies.

Interesting idea regarding the use of flares, anyone know if they now help the AI spot enemy?

I was friggin around with a solution to make AI spotting enemy.

CarlGustaffa helped me out at this point with a script solution he had.

I dont know if he was able to develop it further, although it already worked in its version, when i used it, but it can end up in a complete flare-o-rama.

This is the link to his script is here.

Tell me if u need a complete demo version.

All credits at this script belong to CalrGustaffa,it wasnt my work!

@Where's my rabbit and anyone else. Which ones do i need to dl for the latest version from your link if i'm using CO and BAF? There's a lot of different files there....Thanks! And should i run this with ASR or is it already included?

come on can somebody give me an answer?

Yep Zeus completely unplayable at the moment (in SP) due to frozen Team members

come on can somebody give me an answer?

Why dont u get it via Yoma, which provides always the newest Version.

Use the older version called "Zeus_AI".

Are you guys sure it's Zeus? I had the same problem w/ my SAW gunner on a mission I made. Completely reproducible every time. But I was also running GL4. When I stopped running GL4 but still ran Zeus, everything worked normal.

I found GL4 to cause me more problems than Zeus, once I narrowed things down, a bit. Apologize for discussing GL4 here, but just wanted to make sure we were talking apples and oranges.

Are you guys sure it's Zeus? I had the same problem w/ my SAW gunner on a mission I made. Completely reproducible every time. But I was also running GL4. When I stopped running GL4 but still ran Zeus, everything worked normal.

I found GL4 to cause me more problems than Zeus, once I narrowed things down, a bit. Apologize for discussing GL4 here, but just wanted to make sure we were talking apples and oranges.

I have replicate this issue multiple times with only CBA and Zeus active

I only use ZeusAI and zcommon together with ACE and Combined ops, no DLC, no GL4

Yes I use the "zeu_AI" located at this link: http://zeus-community.net/important/

No other mod is installed.... Only Arma II + Operation Arrowhead + BAF

zeu_ai is all you need

ASR ? we use an asr grenadier fix in our zcommon modfoder but it does not come with zeus AI.... ::EDIT:: apparently i am full of shit .. i just checked it does come with it

you can use zeu_BAF_c_wep_cfg . again nothing to do with zeus AI , that just allows you to zero your sights with susat and changed rates of fire n stuff like that

as for people saying the AI won't respond , i don't get that problem . theres was alot of complaints of it after the last BIS patch i think ?? try the beta patches ?

it did happen to me once while playing the first mission of the BAF campaign but never again and that wasn't on this new supposedly broken zeus_ai

Edited by wheres my rabbit ?

as for people saying the AI won't respond , i don't get that problem . theres was alot of complaints of it after the last BIS patch i think ?? try the beta patches ?

it did happen to me once while playing the first mission of the BAF campaign but never again and that wasn't on this new supposedly broken zeus_ai

I tried the new beta patch (73968) with Zeus_AI but the problem continues ... Just after a firefight at least one of my teammates does not carry out orders that I give to them... "Return to formation, board, move..." They answer but do not move...

Are you really taliking about Zeus_AI or Zcommon?

Both are different folders.

As with the latest Zcommon i get those probs, mensioned here, to controll the AI.

The use of Zeus_AI folder is just fine.

hmm where do u get the Zcommon_ace? is that another mod folder or is it in the Zeu_AI?

yes, it's another mod folder and I got it here: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8688

but I think I'll try without "zcommon_ace" from now on, just using "zeus_ai", maybe this solves the troubles with non-responding/not-obeying AI, indeed.