Protegimus

Zeus AI Combat Skills

Well one of the easiest tests is have an AI stand in a town with no waypoints scripts or anything, then engage him (don't kill him) and see if he moves around or stays still. If he moves then Zeus AI is probably working.

Hi, i'm experiencing problems with the AI ignoring the hold fire button, is this something thats being fixed? Has anyone else experienced this?

Yes I noticed that too.

Without Zeus they stay put and hold fire , with Zeus they take it upon themselves to engage sometimes.

Any suggestions? Sure I have the latest Zeus as well. (Author: India Kilo Last modified: 07.08.2010).

Txs

The default AI (without ZeusAI, waypoints, scripts) reacts on bullets or explosions, they move around and shoot on targets. ZeusAI is tuning/improving the reaction and behaviour of the AI. ;)

I suggest that AI should not fire their small arms/rifles etc on helicopters that are not hovering in their effective weapons range. Otherwise you will get ridiculous ammo wasting AIs (watch AI vs Abrams TUSK) and somekind of cheating feature eg "call in the helicopters" = AI will instantly get distracted from ground combat!

I am trying to get ACE, GL4 and Zeus to work together for OA, does anyone have any suggestins as to what I should turn of in GL4 to have this setup work? Will GL4 mess up Zeus without configuraion adjustments? Thanks for any help guys.:D

And take care of using zeus mod for ace from june of this year (zeu_c_ai_recognition.pbo - zeu_c_ai_rof.pbo - zeu_c_ai_skill.pbo) or you may deal with real inaccurate AI.

I mix those pbo with last zeus system AI and find cover.

galz I appreciate the suggestion and I'm taking into consideration the discussion on this. I take your point and while not perfect the current choice of having gunners and RPG gunners engage seemed reasonable - at least they would stand some chance of damaging/downing a chopper or its crew and it also serves the purpose of reducing the AI ability to snipe pilots which for many is equally annoying.

Personally, I'm leaning towards better target selection as the preferred solution.

Well what *should* be happening is that first they should be 100% sure that they have been detected, and only after that use smoke. Right now they use smoke even though you had absolutely no chance to see them, giving away their position and getting themselves killed.

If the enemy doesn't see you, you don't really need to deploy smoke.

This isn't correct. AI only use smoke when injured or under fire.

I know you tested an early version where the use of smoke wasn't filtered to enemy fire only - are you referring to that or the current version?

The precisionEnemy recommendation has been revised for the latest betas, upped to:

precisionEnemy=0.4899998;

The objective of my recommendation is as always to allow movement using cover when under fire from AI, while maintaining a decent level of threat and so challenge.

I'm looking into the AI disregarding the do not fire order.

Nephris1: Thanks for the report, fixed.

Protegimus

Edited by Protegimus
Fixed: Error in expression <255:>

And take care of using zeus mod for ace from june of this year (zeu_c_ai_recognition.pbo - zeu_c_ai_rof.pbo - zeu_c_ai_skill.pbo) or you may deal with real inaccurate AI.

I mix those pbo with last zeus system AI and find cover.

So we should remove the files above from Zeus in order to run ace OA with it?

---------- Post added at 08:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:38 PM ----------

Thanks for helping:

For some reason ACE for OA with GL4 and Zeus is making the AI real innacurate, I can't figure out why? I did not have this issue with ARMA 2, something has changed and the way THE D has the realism mod setup is not working right at the moment for OA anyway. He said he might get to writing a guide that is for OA in the future but the D is strapped for time at the moment.

I am trying to get ACE, GL4 and Zeus to work together for OA, does anyone have any suggestins as to what I should turn of in GL4 to have this setup work? Will GL4 mess up Zeus without configuraion adjustments? Thanks for any help guys.:D

Heya steve,

You may want to take a peek over in The D.'s excellent thread here (if you haven't done so already): http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=96591

He gives suggestions on how to use ACE, GL4, Zeus and SLX working together. It's worth a browse for sure, and it's super helpful getting an idea on how to edit precision and skill settings and getting things to play nicely together.

Hope this help! :)

--John

[EDIT] Doh! Just too slow, AnimalMother92 beat me to it. lol

So we should remove the files above from Zeus in order to run ace OA with it?

From what I've understood, yes, you should remove

zeu_cfg_core_ai_skills.pbo

zeu_OA_c_ai_recognition.pbo

zeu_OA_c_ai_rof.pbo

and use the ones I've indicated above.

Anyway, that's the way I play with zeus / ace and CO

Is it possible to make the AI actually target the gunner/pilot rather than the helicopter? And of course if possible make fast moving helicopters lower priority than infantry standing in front of you. But not engaging at all is just silly because that just means a blackhawk can kill 1000 infantrymen if they aren't armed with RPGs/7.62 weapons.

How does the AI define "under direct fire"? If they only use smoke when "under direct fire" maybe the definition of "under direct fire" is the problem. I still find myself detecting AI positions based on them throwing smoke even though nobody in my team had any clue there was an enemy there so obviously wasn't firing at him (but possibly were firing at targets 20-50 meters away from him).

[EDIT] Doh! Just too slow, AnimalMother92 beat me to it. lol

hehehe :p

@Protegimus

Do you plan on making an ACE version of the new Zeus AI with all the enhanced CQB skills? I ask, because I found seriously odd behavior when I combined the 'old' Zeus for ACE with the recommended newer files. If there was a dedicated ACE version (as there was before) I think that would be really helpful and clear up a lot of the redundant posts here. I know the newer builds are WIP and not officially released to Armaholic and such, but honestly they are leaps and bounds ahead of the old Zeus AI already.

Thnx.

One of the pbo's in zcommon makes my M16 loose its sound. Did not yet find out which addon it really is...

Best regards

A.

Which is the newest Version for Combined Operations+ACE ?

Which is the newest Version for Combined Operations+ACE ?

same question from my side ...

atm I run these addons together with ACE:

;@zeu_AI;@zcommon_ace

(zeu_AI because of comp with CO and zcommon_ace because of ACE)

no .pbos changed or replaced meaning as original as they come via download

my used versions:

zeu_AI => 1.04b (latest change of the .pbos dated september 19th, 2010)

zcommon_ace => 0.04e (latest change of the .pbos dated june 13th, 2010)

some facts I recognize:

- I get no errors

- I see AI throwing smoke grenades

- AI seems to be more aggressive

- sometimes AI squad members don't move/return to formation when ordered to but I guess that's a problem with the game engine itself and has nothin to do with my zeus installation.

I've read above that there could be conflicts with using certain .pbo's from zeus_ai AND from zcommon_ace in the mix, is this fact for making problems ?

Edited by langgis08

I concur that there appears to be a problem with trigger-happy AI. Despite my best efforts my squad will regularly start unloading at the most inopportune moments. Any ideas on how to mitigate this?

Other than that I can honestly say that this and GL4 are my in my top 5 mods for A2.

Kool!.. Where can I get downloads for 1.04b and 0.04e ?

Are u getting lag when playing with ACE?

same question from my side ...

atm I run these addons together with ACE:

;@zeu_AI;@zcommon_ace

(zeu_AI because of comp with CO and zcommon_ace because of ACE)

no .pbos changed or replaced meaning as original as they come via download

my used versions:

zeu_AI => 1.04b (latest change of the .pbos dated september 19th, 2010)

zcommon_ace => 0.04e (latest change of the .pbos dated june 13th, 2010)

some facts I recognize:

- I get no errors

- I see AI throwing smoke grenades

- AI seems to be more aggressive

- sometimes AI squad members don't move/return to formation when ordered to but I guess that's a problem with the game engine itself and has nothin to do with my zeus installation.

I've read above that there could be conflicts with using certain .pbo's from zeus_ai AND from zcommon_ace in the mix, is this fact for making problems ?

Where can I get downloads for 1.04b and 0.04e ?

here (zeus_ai "1.04b") http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8250

&

here (zcommon_ace "0.04e") http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8688

Are u getting lag when playing with ACE?

performance wise / laggyness is the same with or without ace for me (not noticeable for me)

---------- Post added at 07:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:48 PM ----------

but it's not that hard to search by your own...? No ? :raisebrow:

guess with that full force of links he will get them :D

Tawah, you're better in fast typing than me, hmmm :-)

- sometimes AI squad members don't move/return to formation when ordered to

I get this too, not sure what is causing it.

I get this too, not sure what is causing it.

Yep same here, frustrating barking orders that fall on deaf ears.

Hi first i must say thanks to all who helped to create this mod, it's a must for SP and COOP games.

I was searching around and looks like no one reported the same problem yet.

When i fire an AK (tested 74U and 107) in full auto mode the sound is messed up, i get single shot sounds in spaced intervals like 3-4 shots/sec while on burst and single shot modes everything is fine.

Running only Zeus AI version 0.01c (19.09.2010) and CBA version: 0.6.0.123 (and checked i'm running the right version for CO)

With CO (ArmA II ver. 1.07/OA ver. 1.54)

Without Zeus and running other mods i dont have this problem.

Is there a fix for this?

Thanks.

@langgis08 In wich Order du you use them? Does ACE have a higher Priority than Zeus?