Protegimus

Zeus AI Combat Skills

Maybe they don't have any smoke in their inventories?

It's not that I don't want AI to use smoke, it's just that I don't want AI to use smoke in a way that helps me kill them even more easily.

Im getting error messages about Missing ca_weapons..... What is it? I can still play the game but it pops up and how do I play the updated version of Zeus? I downloaded something that was called yas2302 from the page that post but that was the mod.

Edited by TacKLed

Well I still don´t own OA, maybe OA Users see them throwing smoke?

Someone should make a test mission.

Then we could all test this and report how many smoke the AI threw

Are you sure Zeus AI really working for you? They use smoke all the time. Next time I'll take a screenshot for you...

Yeah I'll back you up on that, the AI often make use of smoke.

Prot, any chance to make AI engage helicopter gunner/pilot with small arms? They currently would only engage the helicopter with heavy machineguns and RPGs, but if you only give them small arm, the door gunner can just rip them apart and not take any return fire, even though he's just as vulnerable as any infantryman (at least when the helicopter is static). Even einfields and FALs fire, but AKs don't.

Edited by galzohar

Yeah to that, would love to see them fire at least at transport choppers

About that smoke...

Last times I saw AI drop smoke it helped me a LOT targeting them with my A10.

Gave them a nice 2 second burst all over the smoke -> guys down. :) Not sure about the current use of smoke.

Yeah to that, would love to see them fire at least at transport choppers

Of any chopper where the people inside are vulnerable and in-range.

About that smoke...

Last times I saw AI drop smoke it helped me a LOT targeting them with my A10.

Gave them a nice 2 second burst all over the smoke -> guys down. :) Not sure about the current use of smoke.

How often is that really going to be a problem? If it was a chopper gunner with a scope that was hunting you, smoke would be a great idea.

Well what *should* be happening is that first they should be 100% sure that they have been detected, and only after that use smoke. Right now they use smoke even though you had absolutely no chance to see them, giving away their position and getting themselves killed.

If the enemy doesn't see you, you don't really need to deploy smoke.

@ galzohar, you wouldn´t fire at a Hind with your -16, You would run away as fast as possible, or you would hide. Combat Helicopters usually have bullet-proof windows

Like I said, they should at least fire at helicopters where the crew/cargo is vulnerable. Never said they should fire at all helicopters.

Imho AI should not fire at aircrafts with small arms (pistols, rifles or rockets) unless those are not hovering, starting or landing and if there are not more important targets (infantry, vehicles) in range.

Would be great to have different pilot AIs eg:

pilot AI for combat/attack helicopters

pilot AI for transport helicopters

pilot AI for combat/attack planes

pilot AI for transport planes

:)

What's the difference between the door gunner or pilot in a helicopter as opposed to the gunner or driver on an M2 Humvee? They're both fine targets, and in some situations the guys in the helicopter are actually easier targets...

Sure they shouldn't engage bullet-proof helicopters (or any vehicle for that matter), I never asked for it.

Right now, unless you give the AI rocket launchers or 7.62 weapons, you can clear up hundreds of them with a single blackhawk because they simply won't shoot back. A single human player (with the same 5.56/5.54/7.62X39 weapon) would be more dangerous than 1000 AI...

Edited by galzohar

FOV modification is aimed squarely at those with TrackIR, or if adept with freelook I'm sure this could be used to good effect.

The intention is to make objects and people as close to scale as possible in first person view, reduce the fish eye view and bring a sensible level of zoom to what is a bit of a magic eye for the player.

Without TrackIR/freelook then yes the side effect will be a narrower field of view compared to vanilla, with TrackIR you are able to keep pretty much the same level of situational awareness as you can look around by simply turning your head.

Undeniably yes, if the engagement is at range and for surveillance then an optic provides a clear advantage.

I'm not sure there is anything wrong with that and I made my intention clear that the objective of Zeus AI is to improve infantry based co-op play, so mileage will vary for PvP, etc.

@Protegimus: I noticed that you updated the FOV pbo for OA but not A2. Does the A2 FOV pbo need updating to enjoy the tweaks to the OA version?

Call me late to the party but I just tried out the latest zeus and I'm absolutely sold on it. I particularly like the FOV change, even without using freetrack. Going back to vanilla FOV feels wierd!

I updated via Yoma to the latest version and start my game always with -showscrpterrors.

On each startup i get a

:255

and rpt says:

Error position: <>
 Error Ungültige Zahl in Ausdruck
Error in expression <255:>
 Error position: <>
 Error Ungültige Zahl in Ausdruck

with zcommon.

Any ideas?

Edited by Nephris1

I have my precision enemy set on 0.55000001, should I set both to this

0.98500001; to get the most realistic combat with while on veteran level?

Also can someone link the yoma page where the OA files z-common files are available, I am having trouble finding the files.

:D

Prot, any chance to adjust that helicopter engagement? I really don't want to be forced to place many enemies with 7.62 weapons just so that a single blackhawk with miniguns can't finish an entire mission by himself shooting enemies at point blank without taking return fire (where humans would've easily killed the pilot/gunners).

I have my precision enemy set on 0.55000001, should I set both to this

0.98500001; to get the most realistic combat with while on veteran level?

Also can someone link the yoma page where the OA files z-common files are available, I am having trouble finding the files.

:D

I think the Mod maker recommends 0.2 for enemy precision!

I am confused, what do we do when we have downloaded the link for Zeus for OA on the first page? I get files that I can't open. Sorry, just this yoma sync stuff is confusing to me.

found dis-regurad :)

Edited by stevedrumsdw

Okay, now I see people complaining about AI using smoke too much, and I've never seen them use it at all. Tell me, is there any other way to verify that Zeus is running and having effects? Some feature I can easily verify?