Protegimus

Zeus AI Combat Skills

I have 2 problems when i send apachi with 2 AI pilots to combat area,

1- The gunner aint shooting anyone they just fly over the enemies, he only shoots where i command them to shoot but 60% of time they ignore my order even tho the enemy soldier still standing there, this only happens when i have Zeus ai on.

2- All air planes and heli fly very low altitude and they get shoot down very easly even if there is no anti air in the area, this also happens without Zeus ai.

I have the lates version from the test link, also had the same problem with the latest version on armaholic.

Hey Prot. You know me from the UO forums, but heres another video showcasing your incredible mod.

We've tweaked the settings a bit over there.

vuN8b-yhjLs

acidd: at what range do the default AI break that order?

Given one of the functions is to extend the AI's ability to recognise enemy and therefore the threat presented to them and that is one of the parameters an AI considers before engaging (from what I've read), then yes, the envelope will also be correspondingly greater.

Last time I tested this was OA 1.52 and it was significantly better than ArmA 2 v1.07, less than 10m as opposed to +30m respectively.

Protegimus

I am certain it was much more than 10 m.. I think it was about 100 meters - they were firing javelins if that matters.

Edited by acidd

Hello, If I play with ACE2 do I have to install both Zeus AI? I mean the Normal and ACE version? or only the Zeus ACE version? thanks!

I have been tweaking the configs for recognition and I can't get good values for it, actually changing the parameters seems to have little to no effect during my testmission..

zeu_OA_c_ai.hpp: What are good values for a more realistic AI? I've trying to get AI that can spot you further, and hear better so they don't seem so dumb.

I'm using a small test mission as a parameter, player is aprox. 500m from enemy and I can shoot and run until half way so they start seeing me..that in an open field, in the middle of Utes airport. You can get the mission for repro here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FSSY3NHP

I wish I could get something like: shooting from that player position might alert enemy, and they might see me at aprox. that range 400-500m if open place like an airport..is that possible?

Awesome mod, it just needs to be adjusted to set each server's needs.

Tyvm :p

Is it possible to deactivate several features in a mission?

Lets say for a sniper e.g.

Hey Prot. You know me from the UO forums, but heres another video showcasing your incredible mod.

We've tweaked the settings a bit over there.

what sound mod(s) are you using btw.

I've got AI able to recognise any vehicles and air out to a K, and even engage them when armed with appropriate weapons - just not infantry. Must agree with others and say recognising infantry is duff!

Still cannot live without this mod though!

I've got AI able to recognise any vehicles and air out to a K, and even engage them when armed with appropriate weapons - just not infantry. Must agree with others and say recognising infantry is duff!

Yes, after some time tweaking zeu_OA_c_ai.hpp I can't get AI to hear me shooting / running until aprox. 250m....

That's not really realistic if in an open environment, maybe the creator could help us understanding the cfgs better for a "simulation" environment.

Thanks again :rolleyes:

Protegimus will we get an ace version soon or you will finish the normal version and then create an ace version?

The only files usable with the latest zeus ace version in the actual build are core and find cover, arent it?

Im using it in that way and IA see to much at night and silenced weapons are useless, looks like they ear the weapons perfectly.

Same here. guess ace users have to wait.

I have been tweaking the configs for recognition and I can't get good values for it, actually changing the parameters seems to have little to no effect during my test mission..

zeu_OA_c_ai.hpp: What are good values for a more realistic AI? I've trying to get AI that can spot you further, and hear better so they don't seem so dumb...

Yeah, that's what I'm trying to do too and it's not that easy to accomplish.

I've found that it is relatively straightforward to influence individual factors such as hearing, but what about others here that want the ability to make a covert approach, or maintain some ability to engage without being instantly located and then perfectly tracked even when AI do not have line of sight on them?

From the feedback in this thread maintaining this balance appears more important than outright ability to detect enemy, so that is how I've tuned the mod.

AI 'hearing' plays a pivotal role in keeping this balance and it would be great if BIS took some time to properly sort detection of different sounds at appropriate range.

Another thing is what happens when you shoot an AI - how do they, plus apparently every member of their group, instantly know your firing position and everything about you?

What parameters you've been tweaking btw, you don't say?

Interesting, care to share?

Nephris1: not yet.

Protegimus

Its already in there Protegimus... Put an M107 on a hill and a vehicle it can harm a k away and the sniper will happily fire away. He'll even shoot at infantry *IF* he knows they are there (like if I shoot at him from a K away).

I discovered it in a mission I am making where I had a sniper team overlooking an LZ. The Mi 8 came in, landed and the sniper engaged it.

excellent mod. Only draw back, is in stealth missions, as many have said, silencers are pretty mush useless as enemy can hear you from 150-200 meters.

Day time, it is great!

CaptainBravo: You are using an old version or settings other than those recommended then, as it was quite some time ago when this aspect was improved and feedback received to say it was working well.

Protegimus

CaptainBravo: You are using an old version or settings other than those recommended then, as it was quite some time ago when this aspect was improved and feedback received to say it was working well.

Protegimus

Hey Protegimus,

I am using v0.04e for ACE. Is that the latest? If so, is there anything I need to change in settings??

Hi, i'm experiencing problems with the AI ignoring the hold fire button, is this something thats being fixed? Has anyone else experienced this?

I just finished a few missions of the OA/BAF campaigns and had the greatest time of my life, ever.

My settings were Skill friend/foe 0.98500001

Precision friend: 0.5 Precision foe : 0.2

I had ACE 2, WarFX, J.S.R.S sounds and a myriad of other atmosphere enhancing mods. In 'Good Morning Takistan' my squad landed and nearly dealt with the T-55's single handedly. They covered each other, the LMG laid down supressing fire and they moved into cover, when the M1A1 Abrams tanks appeared they stormed forward, taking ground and firing on targets multiple kilometers away with their cannons.

Not once in the campaign did I see AI just standing in the open looking around. They used the numerous walls for cover, gave each other covering fire and they used vehicles intelligently. Landrovers laid back and supressed infantry with their .50 cal. The AI tried to flank me and used complex tactics. The only thing I can complain about is that sometimes the AI just refuses to move and sits in prone doing nothing but I think that's just a standard ARMA 2 problem rather than a Zeus AI one.

Out of interest what appears to be the best skill/precision values for use ingame? I just used the ones recommended in the readme. What aspects of AI behaviour does skill affect.

They seem to be just fine with everything set to max. With it humans still kill a couple of AI bots before dying.

CaptainBravo: ok, the problem originates with default/ACE.

The old version of Zeus AI was better than default, but not specifically optimised for silenced weapons with subsonic ammunition.

The latest build for ArmA CO/OA has a few changes in this area, to increase AI detection of shots fired, with minimal effect on silenced weapons.

In open ground, I was able to engage without immediately being located in the 150-200m range you mentioned, much closer in a built up area where sound obstruction was a factor.

NickLomas: What version are you using and in what configuration?

Have you tested with/without Zeus AI and what other mods are you using?

If you are certain it is Zeus AI that is causing this, then I'll take a look, though you should try the latest build first in addition to the above.

What weapons/mission do you see the problem in as acidd did post about AI using Javelin.

Protegimus

If it's not too much work, can you guys seperate the smoke throwing routine? It's actually great to have, but it can be taxing to performance... not to mention some particles wont be rendered properly when there's too many of them... so if it's seperated, I would be very much gratefull

If it's not too much work, can you guys seperate the smoke throwing routine? It's actually great to have, but it can be taxing to performance... not to mention some particles wont be rendered properly when there's too many of them... so if it's seperated, I would be very much gratefull

+1 - Optional would be good, it can be taxing on my machine also when they all decide to throw them.