Protegimus

Zeus AI Combat Skills

TheScar: That bug should be fixed in the latest version, if you can confirm that is the case that would be great.

Yea,no more entrys of

* Conflicting addon CA_CruiseMissile in 'ca\air2\cruisemissile\', previous definition in 'x\cba_oa\addons\main\'

* Conflicting addon CATracked2_AAV in 'ca\tracked2\aav\', previous definition in 'x\cba_oa\addons\main\'

in the report file anymore,but now i have lots of

Cannot use magazine 15Rnd_9x19_M9SD in muzzle Binocular_Vector

Cannot use magazine HandGrenade_West in muzzle HandGrenade_Stone

in the report file using Latest Zeu_AI DEVELOPMENT version 24th Aug 2010

Minor issue,but hard spotting other errors for a mission when the whole rpt file is spammed with those

Even its still in development,this thing is to good to play without it :D

Also,i can confirm what galzohar is talking about - the AI is pretty blind on nights,untill you jump in their face

Edited by TheScar
addition

Hey Protegimus -

I know you hit our TS occasionally, and feel free to stop by for this but I thought I'd post it here for now unless I didn't see you soon.

Currently - latest test version off of Yoma, running tests to implement @ UO. We currently have it up on our test server, and are getting severe AI stutter/jitter/jump. This includes on just static waypoint patrols and it gets worse during engagement.

Tested locally via dedicated server + client, with only @CBA;@ACRE;@Zcommon, same problem occurred again.

Known issue and working on it? Or have run into it/something not setup right?

I assume it may have something to do with delay/timelapse within the FSM, but I could just be an idiot :)

Hi friends,

i am using zcommon with pbo from 1.05.2010.

This contains zeu_cfg_core_ai_engagement;zeu_cfg_core_ai_sensors;zeu_cfg_core_ai_skills;zeu_cfg_core_ai_spotting.

I am also using the latet betas.

Right now it seems the AI doesnt react on waypoint of "stealth" not anymore.

Same to slow "combat" waypoints.

They just refuse moving.

Am i using too old pbos is it a known bug, or absolutely new?

Maybe an error at my, as i will have to check it more tomorrow.

Careful placement for the spotter together with removing weapons/set to not engage and if required, disabling AI move ability will give you a unit that will inform the rest of his group or alert units on guard.

Protegimus

I'd love to see an example of this. I've been messing around with the settings, but can't seem to make it work.

Love Zeus AI

Hi jaynus, thanks, I'll stop by and catch up with you about it.

Cannot use magazine 15Rnd_9x19_M9SD in muzzle Binocular_Vector

Cannot use magazine HandGrenade_West in muzzle HandGrenade_Stone

TheScar: are you able to remove the addons, then add them one by one to establish which .pbo you think is causing the problem?

Also, in which configuration are you using Zeus AI (CO or OA, any other addons)?

Nephris1: It's likely that the version you are using was built for ArmA 2 1.07 beta 71750. If you now have CO/OA, patch 1.54 and the latest beta, I'd highly recommend you update to the latest compatible version.

Protegimus

Hi jaynus, thanks, I'll stop by and catch up with you about it.

Sure thing - looks like we got it (mostly) solved with server-side config changes; but would still like to poke you about perf on some of it :)

TheScar: are you able to remove the addons, then add them one by one to establish which .pbo you think is causing the problem?

the only addons i m running is some PROPER,full CBA+CBA_OA (due to last time Zeus didnt worked with only CBA) and of course Zeus_AI - now all as mods and not anymore added to the stock OA addons due to the changes in 1.54

Also, in which configuration are you using Zeus AI (CO or OA, any other addons)?

the server is running as CO

http://www.hlsw.org/gameserver/178.20.10.53:51040/ARMA2OA

Cheers,thanks for taking the time

I want refer once again to my post one site before.

I updated to the newest compatible version.

For testing again i ran ArmA2 vanilla.

But the problem still exist.

I noticed that it seems to be a problem with the generell waypoint behaviour,why i also opened a thread to the troubleshooting forum.

In combination with ZeusAI a limited combat and limited stealth waypoint makes the AI to not even move.

As tomorrow is weekend and free time, i ll create a fraps video.

First up, thanks for the efforts on this addon, Pro. It definitely improves the immersion of the game.

I do have one issue I'm hoping you can help with...

In two separate missions, I have CAS called in by a trigger. It's nothing more complicated than a trigger to a waypoint that allows the CAS (either an A-10 or a AH-1) to proceed to a waypoint where there are enemy vehicles that are active (and foot mobiles). He's set to AWARE and ENGAGE AT WILL. When playing WITHOUT Zeus, they attack either my laser marker (for the A-10) or the enemies themselves if I'm not lasing. With Zeus, they just fly around aimlessly. Sometimes the A-10 will fire it's cannon, but that's it. If I replace the Cobra w/ an Apache, very rarely he'll fire his cannon, but only a couple of rounds.

When I use the disable ZeusAI command, nothing changes. In fact, with the Zeus AI turned on (or off in the init field), they ignore my flyinheight command, too.

Any ideas? This is with the version proceeding the 8/25 version as well as the 8/25 version.

Comments on Zeus AI

I'm considering to try to 'sell' Zeus AI as a concept to the people I usually play with, but I am left with some questions.

FOV changes

Is it the intention of this package that FOV be restricted for everyone -- or is it just an optional setting geared tower trackIR users? Many of our gaming group do use trackIR, but I do not.

FOV modification is aimed squarely at those with TrackIR, or if adept with freelook I'm sure this could be used to good effect.

The intention is to make objects and people as close to scale as possible in first person view, reduce the fish eye view and bring a sensible level of zoom to what is a bit of a magic eye for the player.

Without TrackIR/freelook then yes the side effect will be a narrower field of view compared to vanilla, with TrackIR you are able to keep pretty much the same level of situational awareness as you can look around by simply turning your head.
From a purely game perspective this plants a severe handicap on soldiers without a magnifying optic of some sort.

Undeniably yes, if the engagement is at range and for surveillance then an optic provides a clear advantage.

I'm not sure there is anything wrong with that and I made my intention clear that the objective of Zeus AI is to improve infantry based co-op play, so mileage will vary for PvP, etc.

That said, during a number of A&D type missions I've easily be able to hold my own and some will argue the improved visibility of potential enemy is an advantage, as for iron sights in CQB.
"Realistic MG recoils" and "Realistic Weapon dispersion"

I'd like to know the changes introduced by these Zeus AI packages -- or more importantly the GAME DESIGN intention and consequences.

..."

If this is already documented somewhere, please point me in the right direction. :)

There is some information

The fundamental reason for introducing these modules relates to design decisions taken by BIS, which significantly affect gameplay for both human players and the AI.

Dispersion for a number of weapons is by default configured well below published values (M240B has dispersion of 0.0008, yet an M24 with its precision 24" barrel (not to mention match grade ammunition) has 0.00012; 1 mil-radian dispersion defined as 0.001 radians), with dispersion for AI set to significantly higher levels than the norm, e.g. x6 multiplier for a rifle, x21 for an M240B.

In the game, this gives us a weapon that shoots with laser like accuracy for a player, yet in the hands of an AI...

The changes I have made correct weapon dispersion to published or reference values (I have used a number of public references in addition to NWD's excellent work, plus BIS reference values. Most are commented in the included source if you wish to review them and provide feedback). Importantly, the player now has a weapon that shoots similar to the way it should and the AI have a level playing field.

Vehicle weapons are also included. By default they simply did not reflect dispersion that is seen in practice.

With respect to recoil, I have adjusted recoil for the M240, M249, PK and derivates for firing from a
prone supported position
. I have fairly recent experience with the British versions of the first two weapons, extensively so with the Minimi, so they should be pretty close; albeit my interpretation.

For the PK, information regarding a derivative from a former member of the FDF together with public information and video footage was used to interpolate values.
"Rocket Ballistics"

On a similar vein, what sort of changes to rocket ballistics have you made? Most importantly what are the ingame consequences.

Rocket ballistics rids us of the laser straight flight path for RPG and AT4 rounds. Realistic engagement ranges, probability of use against appropriate targets, rate of fire, direct and indirect damage according to munition and correct propulsion and velocity.

In game: no more RPG strikes by AI on a Stryker traversing an arc at full speed, no more 900m first round direct hits against static objects. Still a threat to be respected though.

For players, the parameters for which the weapon is effective reflect the true capabilities and their use becomes more skilled and more appropriate.

Overall Zeus-AI has brought an interesting and much needed fine tuning of Arma2 gameplay. Well done.

-k

Thanks, hope that more fully explains the combination of experience, research, attention to detail and effort put it to achieving what we have so far.

Protegimus

Edited by Protegimus
Mil-radian definition amended

Sad but i cant download this addon too. Seems to me whole Russia is banned.)

Is it possible to have some additional mirrors guys?

In two separate missions, I have CAS called in by a trigger. It's nothing more complicated than a trigger to a waypoint that allows the CAS (either an A-10 or a AH-1) to proceed to a waypoint where there are enemy vehicles that are active (and foot mobiles). He's set to AWARE and ENGAGE AT WILL. When playing WITHOUT Zeus, they attack either my laser marker (for the A-10) or the enemies themselves if I'm not lasing. With Zeus, they just fly around aimlessly. Sometimes the A-10 will fire it's cannon, but that's it. If I replace the Cobra w/ an Apache, very rarely he'll fire his cannon, but only a couple of rounds.

When I use the disable ZeusAI command, nothing changes. In fact, with the Zeus AI turned on (or off in the init field), they ignore my flyinheight command, too.

Any ideas? This is with the version proceeding the 8/25 version as well as the 8/25 version.

Just a little bump to my question. I continue to mess w/ this and just can't seem to get it working, both w/ 1.54 and the new 73116 beta. The AI just won't shoot anything from the aircraft.

With respect to further extending enemy detection/engagement ranges, mission makers should be able to accomplish this already by placing a spotter (covert), or to add authenticity to the Takistan AO, overt 'dickers'.

Careful placement for the spotter together with removing weapons/set to not engage and if required, disabling AI move ability will give you a unit that will inform the rest of his group or alert units on guard.

Protegimus

Sorry to bump my question, Protegimus. But could you expand on this a bit more? I'm having trouble getting my spotter to talk to the SL and the entrenched MG. (Probably a noob mistake)

Fransky

gatordev: I read your comment, one of our missions has AI piloted air support, let me check it out and I'll reply if I can help.

LtFransky-TPF-: the Biki has the information relating to guard waypoints, ref. Type, Guarded by (side).

Protegimus

Thanks, Protegimus. Wasn't sure if my first post got lost in the others.

FWIW, I was playing around a little more, and when the aircraft don't have fixed waypoints, they engage a little more, but it's still not like the game w/out Zeus. The AH-1 seems to be functionally retarded across the board when using Zeus.

acidd: at what range do the default AI break that order?

Given one of the functions is to extend the AI's ability to recognise enemy and therefore the threat presented to them and that is one of the parameters an AI considers before engaging (from what I've read), then yes, the envelope will also be correspondingly greater.

Last time I tested this was OA 1.52 and it was significantly better than ArmA 2 v1.07, less than 10m as opposed to +30m respectively.

Protegimus

Zeus adds rocket ballistics now? What about people with ACE? Is this only for non-ACE versions?

Hi, is the test version referred to on the front page of this thread (improved CQB etc.) still under development, or is that the version we would get if we download Zeus today?

I am a bit confused because the link points back to this thread which is Zeus "complete" or?

Thankyou for any pointers,

OP

hi Pro,

i loaded the latest release via yoma.

After starting and checking my rpt i get a bunch of those entries

Destroy waypoint not linked to a target: Near target acquisition is slow and may even select friendly unit.
Destroy waypoint not linked to a target: Near target acquisition is slow and may even select friendly unit.

hi Pro,

i loaded the latest release via yoma.

After starting and checking my rpt i get a bunch of those entries

That is mission related to a destroy wapoint. Waypoints are not used at this stage.

maturin: correct, ACE has its own ballistics so not required.

Old_Painless: the answer to your question is in the thread, but you'll have to read back to where it is linked from the first page.

Encountered some very strange behavior in the "Jackal" stock mission. A patrolling soldier in the base seemed to alert to my presence, but instead of taking any offensive action, he proceeded to run directly up to me and stare at me. I stayed still with him staring at me right in my face for awhile, then moved away. He just followed me around the base like a puppy. I have a save if you'd like me to pass it along.

Old_Painless: the answer to your question is in the thread, but you'll have to read back to where it is linked from the first page.

Hi Protegimus, thanks. I went and downloaded the Test version from the link you refer to, as well as the "normal" download from Armaholic. The files are identical.

Does that mean that the improvements wrt. CQB is in "production" ? Would love to try them out ...

Cheers,

OP

Protegimus will we get an ace version soon or you will finish the normal version and then create an ace version?

The only files usable with the latest zeus ace version in the actual build are core and find cover, arent it?

Im using it in that way and IA see to much at night and silenced weapons are useless, looks like they ear the weapons perfectly.