Protegimus

Zeus AI Combat Skills

I remember you already have been playing with ROF - I think it's better to have them fire with extremely low ROF than not have them fire at all. Then if you want to just sit there for 30 minutes just to drain the AI's ammo while it fires at you from very long range, it's mission maker's responsibility to make sure you won't be able to do that (by actually making AI move in on you rather than sit there at 500m forever). As long as it takes them more than 10 minutes to run out of ammo at 600m then that's already a good step in the right direction. With 7 3-round mags, firing 1 bullet every 10 seconds would make them take 30 minutes to run out of ammo.

In any case, giving AI ability to detect someone running in the open 1000m away (even if they take a while to detect, they should eventually detect) is something I find important. Right now, while it is much better than vanilla, I still get the "If I'm above this distance I can just sit there and observe the AI and they won't be able to do anything and if I'm above that distance I can even shoot and they still won't do much".

Edited by galzohar

Speaking of RoF, would it be possible for Zeus AI to address the problem with vehicle automatic weapons switching to some sort of bastardized semi-automatic fire at longer ranges and have them instead switch from long bursts to short bursts at the same (mechanical) RoF?

Terox: thanks for correcting the ASR Grenadier fix

Proti: I noticed that the latest version (22nd Aug) doesn't include 3 pbo from zcommon:

zeu_cfg_core_ai_engagement

zeu_cfg_core_ai_sensors

zeu_cfg_core_ai_spotting

Does it mean that these 3 pbos are out-dated ? i.e. should they be discarded?

Un grand merci from the French Alps

Sorry if I missed reply, but can anyone help me?

applied the ZEUS AI to my server (not using a modfolder,same for CBA main_oa and exten.eventh.)

When reading serverreportfile i run into those two repeating errors:

• Conflicting addon CA_CruiseMissile in 'ca\air2\cruisemissile\', previous definition in 'x\cba_oa\addons\main\'

• Conflicting addon CATracked2_AAV in 'ca\tracked2\aav\', previous definition in 'x\cba_oa\addons\main\'

Any way to get this fixed or can i ignore it?

sorry for bump,but i still like to know if this error is fixable or can i ignore it?

Also,i cant play several missions anymore - i get the message:

• You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted: zeus_oa_c_wepdispersion

zeus_oa_c_wepdispersion is both located on the server and the client (latest file),so i guess its a mission thing then?

fideco: quite right, in my original post I mentioned this as a future development, but for sure it will add a significant improvement to the AI.

gopherman: which rifles & what was your contact situation - are you commanding AI?

Also, bear in mind that it's a compromise and expectations need to be kept reasonable. If I extend engagement of assault rifles to simulate section fire then AI are going to be wasting ammunition in a lot of cases, especially with the older AK's and that will generate its own complaint.

That said, I also think it would be a nice feature.

Protegimus

Not sure of many of the specifics, but putting together a quick mission of two sections, one on a hill and one on a runwayn 600m apart, OA, USSF vs Taki Milita theres not a lot o rifle fire going on.

More I think about it the more I agree with you; though is there perhaps a common ground? Say 450m for deliberate fire from the AI?

I know nothing of how the AI works to suggest this, but can the rate of fire be changed according to the number of AI in a squad or influenced by range?

GM

I created a quick mission in central Zargabad in which I was part of a U.S infantry squad that had to clear a nearby street. I placed roughly 60 non-grouped enemy infantry (Takistani militia) with all skill sliders set to max in the street and assigned them all with the random house patrol script.

Next I changed the values in main OA profile to -

skillFriendly=0.5;

skillEnemy=1;

precisionFriendly=0.5;

precisionEnemy=1;

ultra AI =1;

My squad of freindly AI also had all their skill sliders set to max. I set the difficulty to 'expert', started the mission and the results were incredible.

The enemy engaged my squad from doorways, alleyways, rooftops, balconies, windows,street corners, basically all hell broke loose.

To my surprise the freindly AI were not disadvantaged by having their skill and precision values set at 0.5, in fact they seem to behave more human-like at those settings.

The firefight lasted for approx 30 minutes but I ran out of ammo so I pulled back and ended the mission.

The random house patrol script combined with Zeus is awesome, you never know where and when the enemy is going to appear and it's a real challenge trying to locate enemy firing positions without getting shot.

Regarding AI is it possible to extend the engaging range in a way that the ai notice the player from long but do not start shooting and eventually waste all their ammo, but try to flank or otherwise get closer.

For example detection range 1km (modified by stance, concealment, etc..) shooting range 500m (weapon dependant)??

I created a quick mission in central Zargabad in which I was part of a U.S infantry squad that had to clear a nearby street. I placed roughly 60 non-grouped enemy infantry (Takistani militia) with all skill sliders set to max in the street and assigned them all with the random house patrol script.

Next I changed the values in main OA profile to -

skillFriendly=0.5;

skillEnemy=1;

precisionFriendly=0.5;

precisionEnemy=1;

ultra AI =1;

Glad to hear you're having fun :).. It 's the most important thing.

I would give you some advice...

Maybe give a try to these settings:

skillFriendly = 0.98500001;

skillEnemy = 0.99500001;

precisionFriendly = 0.5;

precisionEnemy = 0.20499997;

Ultra AI = 0;

Veteran

Thus the firefight will be much more realistic and balanced

Remember, "Ultra AI = 1" combined with "precisionEnemy=1" is judged pretty insane (One kill, one shot is lurking ...)

Cheers

---------- Post added at 11:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:50 AM ----------

Sorry if I missed reply, but can anyone help me?

MAybe you're confusing with another release that is no longer current

"ArmA II Zeus AI Combat Skills & AI Spotting modular release" (from the relative readme).

Use the actual.

It's outstanding.

Cheers

Edited by fideco

Great work once again! Installing for Arrowhead now as I've just purchased that. This was really good on Arma 2. Going to try the campaign with it!

Latest Zeu_AI DEVELOPMENT version 24th Aug 2010 is now available

get it from

1. Zeus Website .7z file
  2. Zeus Yoma repository (It's one of the default servers)

Bookmark the website link, any future development updates will be hosted at the same location

BE ADVISED The Zeus YOMA repository contains the @Zcommon pack used by the Zeus community which has additional content. If you just want the Zeus AI DEV standalone version use the web URL

Changelog

- version 0.01a (24.08.2010): zeu_OA_c_FOV - default FOV slightly relaxed to

reduce tunnel vision in and around buildings. View with weapon at the ready

adjusted to compensate.

zeu_OA_c_wep_dispersion - Fire modes adjusted to improve fire discipline,

especially for vehicle weapons and MG's

zeu_sys_AI - two bug fixes, no feature changes

Latest Zeu_AI DEVELOPMENT version 24th Aug 2010 is now available

get it from

1. Zeus Website .7z file
  2. Zeus Yoma repository (It's one of the default servers)

These two links are not working for me! He writes that a server is unavailable in the browser and the Yoma.

Both work for me

The YOMA serveris shut down during an update cycle which only lasts a minute or so, and the web, maybe a glitch, or if the problem persists then likely an IP block.

Edited by Terox

Both work for me

The YOMA serveris shut down during an update cycle which only lasts a minute or so, and the web, maybe a glitch, or if the problem persists then likely an IP block.

So the problem in IP, since I have been trying to download this week fail, but always server is unavailable! And now he too is not available to me. What is the problem, why not do like everybody else? Put the addon in http://armaholic.com/!!! Or at the normal site. This is the only addon for 8 years, which I can not download!:confused:

So the problem in IP, since I have been trying to download this week fail, but always server is unavailable! And now he too is not available to me. What is the problem, why not do like everybody else? Put the addon in http://armaholic.com/!!! Or at the normal site. This is the only addon for 8 years, which I can not download!:confused:

Because that's the route the choose.

---------- Post added at 12:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 PM ----------

Both work for me

Works fine for me too. I just used it.

Edited by Manzilla

I have a question, when the AI throw smoke, do they use from their inventory or was it scripted in?

This came up in another thread: are the zeus recoil files meant to be used with the new recoil system in 1.54?

I think you can keep the zeus recoil... but if you suffer too much recoil, remove the zeus anim sway.. it's in @zextra folder i think

As with frags, AI can only use what is in their inventory. This is intended to keep control in the hands of the mission maker.

I have a question, when the AI throw smoke, do they use from their inventory or was it scripted in?

TheScar: That bug should be fixed in the latest version, if you can confirm that is the case that would be great.

akd42: Yes, the recoil modification

zeu_OA_c_wep_Recoils.pbo

is specifically designed for CO/OA.

Weapon sway is for ArmA 2 users only, I've updated the section in the readme to make this clearer.

With respect to further extending enemy detection/engagement ranges, mission makers should be able to accomplish this already by placing a spotter (covert), or to add authenticity to the Takistan AO, overt 'dickers'.

Careful placement for the spotter together with removing weapons/set to not engage and if required, disabling AI move ability will give you a unit that will inform the rest of his group or alert units on guard.

Protegimus

With respect Hack, the versions that I link too are DEVELOPMENT versions and are being updated at least once a week They should not be regarded as "Stable Releases" and therefore should not imo be placed on a very public website such as ArmAholics. They were only made available when we realised that folks were grabbing it from our Yoma repository. Then some of these clients asked for a standalone version of zeus AI, so I uploaded it to our website for them. I am sure that when Protegimus is happy with his mod, it will be posted on ArmAholics and .Info.

In the meantime, contact me via PM and pass me your IP, I will then ask my provider to allow that IP (Or range of IP's if not a static one).

(I assume you are Russian or from that area of the globe, the webhost blocks that country because of the amount of hacking attempts coming from it. I shan't tell him your knickname, but in the present gaming climate that this community is suffering from, your nick isnt exactly Politically correct now is it :)

Hi Protegimus,

our community are big fans of your mod. At the moment we start to play a new coop campaign with an ww2 mod. I plan to use zeus ai again an just download the newest version:

http://zeus-community.net/important/@zeu_AI.7z

Our mod is arma2 only an we start the server only with arma2. So i have to load only the pbos in the addons\arma2 only folder ?

In my old version i have 5 .pbos:

zeu_c_anims_weaponsway.pbo

zeu_cfg_core_ai_engagment.pbo

zeu_cfg_core_ai_sensors.pbo

zeu_cfg_core_ai_skills.pbo

zeu_cfg_core_ai_spotting.pbo

In the new ArmA2 only folder are now only:

zeu_c_anims_weaponsway.pbo

zeu_c_wep_dispersions.pbo

zeu_cfg_FOV.pbo

Thats all i need for ArmA2 only or is there anything more i need ?

Greetings

Desiderius

Edited by Desiderius

Another thing is that AI still seem to be practically blind at night if they don't have nightvision and you're not firing at them (and even if you fire at some ranges they're still blind), even if the night is bright enough for a human player to see them from very far away without any night vision equipment. Is there any chance you can tweak AI visibility during the night and actually base it on how bright the night is (time/date)?

Another thing is that AI still seem to be practically blind at night if they don't have nightvision and you're not firing at them (and even if you fire at some ranges they're still blind), even if the night is bright enough for a human player to see them from very far away without any night vision equipment. Is there any chance you can tweak AI visibility during the night and actually base it on how bright the night is (time/date)?

That would be time/date and weather wouldnt it ?

Full moon, heavy cloud cover etc

@galzohar: try the first mission of the seal six 1 campaign with ace and zeus and try not to get shot. ai will detect you instantly and hunt you down. they don't have any NV gear.

that in my opinion really sucks and i think the last thing we need is a more aware enemy ai.

Well every mission I play seem to have AI practically blind until you fire or get very close even on bright nights. You may want to test some more missions and/or do a pure test in the editor.

The game already takes this into consideration (put yourself at 50m on a bright night and they'll see you, but when it's pitch black they won't). It just needs the values tweaked.

Tested on a clean flat road, and almost full moon, detection range seems to be 52~53 meters, however I can see the AI with no NV from much further away (in fact almost as good as I could during the day if he's out in the open like in this test).

If you can't see this AI you really need glasses... And thus the AI also needs glasses for not seeing me... And that's after shrinking the image to 70% size to fit with the forum rules (original resolution was 1680:1050). Taken with zoomed view. Strafing (in run speed) left and right doesn't make him detect me either. You can even see the AI almost 370m away if you look hard enough yet they can't spot you at 53m.

24501229.jpg

Edited by galzohar