Protegimus

Zeus AI Combat Skills

megagoth1702: You have the last version built for ACE.

To use the dynamic AI, extract the following files into your Zeus AI directory:

zeu_sys_AI.pbo

zeu_sys_AI.pbo.ZEU_test.bisign

zeu_FindCover.pbo

zeu_FindCover.pbo.ZEU_test.bisign

zeu_sys_AI and zeu_FindCover require Extended Eventhandlers (thanks to Killswitch, Sickboy):

cba_extended_eventhandlers.pbo

& .bisign file

as you're running ACE that should already be taken care of.

Protegimus

I am really, really sorry to act like a dumbass, but since I have no idea of all this...

What files exactly... Do have to go into ZeusAI ACE?

Right now there are:

zeu_cfg_core_ai_skills.pbo

zeu_cfg_core_ai_skills.pbo.ZEU.bisign

zeu_FindCover.pbo

zeu_sys_AI.pbo

Is that really all I need? I'm worried because there are a lot more files in your zeusAI folder that seem not to be used in the ACE version, what is the reason for that? What do the files exactly do?

Thank you a lot in advance - I am sorry for being so noobish, I am still learning all this... :)

I'm with this poster above, I'm not sure what I need for a full zeus under and OA ACE server.

I don't think this mod is stable with ArmA2:CO + ACE2 yet. I think ?

Protegimus

what about a change log?

It would be useful for understanding the evolution of your script framework

Cheers

Edit:

Sorry, forget it....

I just read the change log in your readme..

Thanks

Cheers

Edited by fideco

Can anybody say at what range do enemy snipers engage ? The readme says that the AI should engage from 500 meters. Yesterday snipers were oblivious to my presence right in front of them 200 meters away. I've also got GL4 and i'm thinking that there is a conflict.

Edited by verde13

megagoth1702 & Kevaskous: for Zeus AI together with ACE - as I described you already have the last version for ACE, the only thing you need to also use the dynamic AI is extract the following files (and only the following files!) from the new archive:

zeu_sys_AI.pbo

zeu_FindCover.pbo

zeu_sys_AI and zeu_FindCover require Extended Eventhandlers. This is already part of ACE, so just check to ensure you are loading it.

That's really it!

With the exception of the FOV mod designed to provide realistic scaling especially for TrackIR users, ACE already has a lot of the other stuff (plus a lot more!) hence the reason it is not required.

There are a lot of repeat questions here fellas, in the interest of keeping the discussion interesting/informative put the effort in and read the posts regarding your specific area of interest before asking the same question again.

Alledgedly, the first person to find and use the search function wins a one year subscription to free ArmA 2 content!

verde13: what snipers, where?

Protegimus

it seem like the ai could be more aggressive. idk.

Defending Ai or attacking AI?

hey Protegimus,

applied the ZEUS AI to my server (not using a modfolder,same for CBA main_oa and exten.eventh.)

When reading serverreportfile i run into those two repeating errors:

• Conflicting addon CA_CruiseMissile in 'ca\air2\cruisemissile\', previous definition in 'x\cba_oa\addons\main\'

• Conflicting addon CATracked2_AAV in 'ca\tracked2\aav\', previous definition in 'x\cba_oa\addons\main\'

Any way to get this fixed or can i ignore it?

You're probably running CBA_OA with combined operations? CBA_OA is really a CBA "fix" just for people who run OA standalone.

correct Galzohar,

if i run the CBA for CombOps my server doesnt start up,if i use the CBA_OA it works - took me a few trys to figure that one out,because i dont run a standalone OA server

I´m clueless ...

verde13: what snipers, where?

Protegimus

I hope you have Duala; Anyway i place an opfor sniper on the top of the building at the Ambush alley, and myself at the beginning of the road equipped with a rangefinder. Right there i'm about at 400 meters away from the sniper who is just sitting there. He only engages close to 200 meters. I'll run some more test and let you know.

Edited by verde13

what do i have to download to get proper zeus AI enhancement when running

Combined Operations (Operation Arrowhead+Arma2) AND ACE2?

Edited by KrAziKilla

Ok as I understand, no other zeus files other then the ones listed, work/have any benefit when ACE is installed, so despite the fact i had some other files in the old Zues for ACE in A2, they don't aid anything now, correct? Sorry I'm not all sure what changed with ACE moving to OA, so, i just wanna be sure, we also liked the AI bantering, hopefully, this is now restored.

Still a lot of times I see enemies that are ordered to move into specific building positions simply leaving their positions and attacking the enemy and/or trying to find a "better" cover (which often is worse than their current cover). Maybe make the find cover function first check if the current cover isn't all that bad, and only if it's a really bad position then use the function to find a new one?

Also, if I give an AI a doMove command, and then the find cover function takes over, what happens to the doMove command? I suppose it is completely undone (which would be very bad in many situations)? If this is the case, it really needs some more work so that it doesn't have the potential to break missions and other AI scripts.

Alright, now I understand. Basically the ACE stuff and IN ADDITION TO THAT the few files from the newest zeusAI package.

What do the OA_rof files do? Why do I not need them with ACE installed?

galz: is this conjecture, or have you tested this out?

Still a lot of times I see enemies that are ordered to move into specific building positions simply leaving their positions and attacking the enemy and/or trying to find a "better" cover (which often is worse than their current cover).

I understand what you are describing is default 'MicroAI' behaviour.

Upload your mission to the server (if you haven't already) and I'll take a look if you have a specific scenario that we can look at.

Maybe make the find cover function first check if the current cover isn't all that bad, and only if it's a really bad position then use the function to find a new one?

That's pretty much what it does, AI only moves if their cover is compromised. Not to say it can't be improved though.

Also, if I give an AI a doMove command, and then the find cover function takes over, what happens to the doMove command? I suppose it is completely undone (which would be very bad in many situations)? If this is the case, it really needs some more work so that it doesn't have the potential to break missions and other AI scripts.

The quick reaction function stores the current destination and re-instates it after a move to cover.

I suppose if the AI acted in the default manner and didn't take cover, then there is a good chance they will be dead or incapacitated which could also be very bad for missions?

Bear in mind the behaviour in careless or safe mode isn't affected, so they are appropriate (with compact column formation) for moving to specific locations.

Protegimus

I tried to reproduce, but I can't get anything consistent. Might be more related to UPSMON behavior, I'm not really sure (tried testing without but still got inconsistent behaviors).

@Pro

Perhaps you should put the information from your earlier post regarding ACE, into the 1st post, so that people wouldn't ask the same thing repeatedly. :)

Just to make sure I've got it right myself...

zeusACE.jpg?t=1282433655

Top 3 PBOs are from the old Zeus for ACE archive.

Bottom 2 PBOs are from the new experimental archive.

(Running CO w/ ACE 1.5)

As asked in CBA thread and got no oficial reply:

Quick question:

If a dedicated server is running CBA (let´s say, for Zeus AI) the clients need it too? (CBA)

Hey Protegimus

Is it possible for you to make driver AI in Zeus react to blowing mines?

Like when the first unit in convoy gets blown up the other ones should avoid that position for at least 100 meters by moving around it?

Because with default BI AI they just continue the same way, driving to the rest of the mines.

I just downloaded the latest Zeus and just tried it out, got this error quite a few times:

http://img651.imageshack.us/img651/3271/arma2oa2010082122515393.png

Thanks for that GossamerS, fixed and new version will be available for download presently.

metalcraze: interesting one.

I'll have a think about it - is that for all vehicle types?

Protegimus

Latest Zeu_AI DEVELOPMENT version 22nd Aug 2010 is now available

get it from

1. Zeus Website .7z file
  2. Zeus Yoma repository (It's one of the default servers)

Bookmark the website link, any future development updates will be hosted at the same location

BE ADVISED The Zeus YOMA repository contains the @Zcommon pack used by the Zeus community which has additional content. If you just want the Zeus AI DEV standalone version use the web URL