Protegimus

Zeus AI Combat Skills

1. Does this mean that I add these 3 pbo (and their corresponding bisign files)

zeu_cfg_core_ai_skills

zeu_sys_AI

zeu_FindCover

to my existing @zcommon folder?

Yes, zeu_cfg_core_ai_skills & .bisign will overwrite the old version though, so only six files.

2. What about the sub-folder of the @zeu_AI archive called "ArmA2 only" ?

It contains 2 pbos that you haven't mentioned:

zeu_c_anims_weaponsway

zeu_c_wep_dispersion

Should I add these 2 pbos to the 7 above?

Sure, if you'd like those additional features go ahead.

One very important thing - if you would like to use dynamic AI then you also need CBA for it to function, a major change from my original Zeus AI releases.

If this is correct, then, provided its OK with you, I could upload this package and to be shared with other A2 grognards.

If you mean to share amongst a group of friends to make setup easier, then yeah; go ahead.

If on a broader scale, then as discussed earlier they'd be better off being referred to this thread to make sure they are up to date - bear in mind that it is beta/dev versions of code.

I was asked by GvsE via PM for an ArmA 2 compatible version of the FOV mod. It was a simple task to do so therefore a test version is included in the \ArmA2 only directory for the next release.

Also, there was a question about performance on 3rd party maps.

I'm implementing performance optimisations referred to me by SNKMAN (thanks!) from here - very useful information.

At this stage it is one step at a time so I've not even looked at other maps, as the mod and my ability to code improves there will be ample opportunity to do things in a more efficient manner that will no doubt help though.

oldy41 & Mudkip: I won't start public version control and change logs until I get to a proper beta release version as already discussed in this thread.

I'm very grateful to Terox for keeping the Addon Sync and web downloads updated, those are the correct sources for downloading the latest version.

Also, I'll update the first page when I consider it's ready for release on a broader scale, though in the interest of minimising confusion it could perhaps stand an update in the interim.

Protegimus

Latest Zeu_AI DEVELOPMENT version 15th Aug 2010 is now available

get it from

1. Zeus Website .7z file
  2. Zeus Yoma repository (It's one of the default servers)

Bookmark the website link, any future development updates will be hosted at the same location

BE ADVISED The Zeus YOMA repository contains the @Zcommon pack used by the Zeus community which has additional content. If you just want the Zeus AI DEV standalone version use the web URL

Thanks for update.

A change log would be helpful

Cheers

Thanks for the update.

I've only had the time to test it for an hour or so but so far all seems stable and the AI seem sneaker than ever ;)

BTW I couldn't help noticing that the archive also contained another PBO called asr_cfgweapons_fix_grenadiers. I checked the readme but found no mention of it.

So, should this PBO be only used by OA users?

Or can humble A2 users also use it?

Hey guys. I am an ACE HC fan and I wanna use that mod with ACE.

I read that you need the old ACE "core" files and then I just can put the new content into the folder?

How exactly am I supposed to understand that?

This is the latest I am using:

Zeus AI ACE

How can I update that to the newest?

Also, in the readme there are different skillsettings, I copied them into my profiles.

What about the ingame-editor skill setting? Does that affect anything? What should I put it on for a good battle? I read once that 20-40% for grunts and 70% for leaders is good. Is that still ok?

Also, why is the skill setting for friendlies lower than for enemies? Shouldn't it be balanced?

Thank you so much for your answers in advance! :)

Edited by megagoth1702

Just another little bug report.

private ["_stpos", "isFlat"];

_stpos = >
 Error position: <private ["_stpos", "isFlat"];

_stpos = >
 Error Local variable in global space
Error in expression <_dangerCausedBy] call zeu_findDanger;

That aside, the difference this mod makes to infantry play in Arma 2 cannot be overstated. It's wonderful :thumbsup:

New Zeus AI beta is good for night ops

I'm also going to test AI hearing, to make sure the AI hears silenced shots just as well as the player does if you want a feedback on this.

Edited by metalcraze

Is there a new zeus ace version? or the beta is only withouth ace?

Is there a new zeus ace version? or the beta is only withouth ace?

Already answered

Simon C & Dogmeat of Finland: I haven't done any work with ACE, but you should be able to use the existing ACE ArmA 2 Zeus AI core skills with the new components:

zeu_sys_AI.pbo

zeu_sys_AI.pbo.ZEU_test.bisign

& FindCover required by zeu_sys_AI.pbo:

zeu_FindCover.pbo

zeu_FindCover.pbo.ZEU_test.bisign

and enjoy the dynamic AI features.

Note, zeu_sys_AI and zeu_FindCover require Extended Eventhandlers (thanks to Killswitch, Sickboy):

cba_extended_eventhandlers.pbo

cba_oa_main.pbo

& .bisign files

Protegimus

Is this mod compatible with slx by any chance?

I have been using this with SLX without any problems but I use only few of the SLX features. I have been using some animation tweaks and the wounding addon.

Already answered

I have been using this with SLX without any problems but I use only few of the SLX features. I have been using some animation tweaks and the wounding addon.

Thank you. That was very helpful.:)

i have @zeus_ai and @zcommon in my arma2 folder, are these the same mods or different?

i have @zeus_ai and @zcommon in my arma2 folder, are these the same mods or different?

Afaik-should be just @zcommon ?

AnimalMother92: thanks for the "isFlat" bug report, fixed and will be included in the next update.

metalcraze: cool, testing how AI perceive silenced weapons is not something I've done so it would certainly be interesting. If there is a disparity something could probably be done about it as well, especially if you can set up a repeatable test scenario.

maturin: did you get it sorted by ensuring CBA was running? (thx Kremator)

megagoth1702: You have the last version built for ACE.

To use the dynamic AI, extract the following files into your Zeus AI directory:

zeu_sys_AI.pbo

zeu_sys_AI.pbo.ZEU_test.bisign

zeu_FindCover.pbo

zeu_FindCover.pbo.ZEU_test.bisign

zeu_sys_AI and zeu_FindCover require Extended Eventhandlers (thanks to Killswitch, Sickboy):

cba_extended_eventhandlers.pbo

& .bisign file

as you're running ACE that should already be taken care of.

Wrt to editor skill slider settings, use whatever is appropriate for your mission; for the particular effect you are trying to create.

The recommend profile values are tested and known to work well - use whatever you prefer and post your own experience.

camus25555: @zcommon offers a selection of good addons (including a number from third parties) to enhance gameplay in addition to Zeus AI.

Thanks to everyone posting answers to additional questions.

Protegimus

Edited by Protegimus

Hey Protegimus,

Noticed you have my AI Grenadier fix on your repo' which seems to have OA addons but you're missing my OA version of the fix. Perhaps it's an older version, update can be found in my sig.

I'm going to spam you since you probably missed it on the Zeus forums:

Anohter Zeus AI bug? Seems to happen when AI decides to take cover... Seems like a pretty simple error - Some places simply don't allow local variables to be defined in them for some reason.

Error in expression <_dangerCausedBy] call zeu_findDanger;

private ["_stpos", "isFlat"];

_stpos = >

Error position: <private ["_stpos", "isFlat"];

_stpos = >

Error Local variable in global space

Hi Robalo_AS, thanks for letting me know. I'll ask Terox (maintainer of Zeus repository) to update - great fix!

Hey Protegimus,

Noticed you have my AI Grenadier fix on your repo' which seems to have OA addons but you're missing my OA version of the fix. Perhaps it's an older version, update can be found in my sig.

galz: Thanks, already reported, acknowledged and fixed.

Protegimus

Thanks for the update.

I've only had the time to test it for an hour or so but so far all seems stable and the AI seem sneaker than ever ;)

BTW I couldn't help noticing that the archive also contained another PBO called asr_cfgweapons_fix_grenadiers. I checked the readme but found no mention of it.

So, should this PBO be only used by OA users?

Or can humble A2 users also use it?

Proti: bump?

FYI, we used the new Zeus AI for the first time last night with my clan and it was simply brilliant; the AI simply incredible guile and cunning. Initially everyone was crapping their pants. Even the simplest of missions is now a serious operation. Thank you so much!

domokun: the post before yours refers to the same addon. There are 2 addons which can be used for Arma2, OA or both for CO, follow the middle link in my sig for the original thread with instructions.

Latest Zeu_AI DEVELOPMENT version 20th Aug 2010 is now available

get it from

1. Zeus Website .7z file
  2. Zeus Yoma repository (It's one of the default servers)

Bookmark the website link, any future development updates will be hosted at the same location

BE ADVISED The Zeus YOMA repository contains the @Zcommon pack used by the Zeus community which has additional content. If you just want the Zeus AI DEV standalone version use the web URL