@Protegimus:

http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/4/10/972578/delta1.Chernarus.rar

AI settings are as follows:

skillFriendly=0.98500001;

skillEnemy=0.98500001;

precisionFriendly=0.75;

precisionEnemy=0.55000001;

Note that I've used the version in Yoma's Addon Sync from Aug 5

The close combat I described took place in the village with the supply trucks. It's as if AI had a very wide FOV or something (however in the other test mission that I didn't save prior to this during the day AIs from opposite sides were running 2m away from each other in the forest, being unable to spot the enemy at all)

The long range combat - in the fields north. I've added inits that remove NVGs from commanders (with NVGs they obviously spot much easier) but even without them they see you too well in the dark (in any position but prone obviously), try engaging them from 100m+ or just wait till they turn your way - although without NVGs they should be nearly as blind as bats.

Got a problem with ther server keys; they do not apply to the file 'asr_cfgweapons_fix_grenadiers.pbo'

thanks for that

ballistics...yeah!!! now it works for me

and a noticeable AI upgrade, behaviour, cover etc...

:bounce3:

This might very well be a stupid question but how can you tell if it works or not. I am pretty sure I did everything right but I dont know if it works hahah. Any help would be awesome.

Actually UPS/UPSMON also make AI throw smoke, but yeah. Also if AI seem to run for cover for "no apparent reason", that also means it works.

Does the latest version include ACE compatibility? :)

I would like to know this too. After all this is a must have addon which keeps getting better and better after every update.

I can not play arma without this mod - I love how the AI don't die as quickly (Hey, let's prone in the middle of the road, stand up, than go prone again after moving 2 feet!) and actively seek cover. In one case I saw an AI going through a building. Simply fantastic

AI can go through a building if you simply give them a waypoint that makes them path through it, but Zeus AI can also make them actually take cover in buildings.

ok metalcraze, I tested your mission with default AI and experience exactly the same behaviour!

The good news is that the AI ability to locate you so easily, despite using a silenced weapon in the dark is improved over vanilla (fixed?) in tomorrows release.

Note that you are using precision way above what I recommend, so you'll have to deal with the precise shots...

What's worse is that close combat at night seems to be broken. F.e. AI supresses one corner of the building, but the moment I lean from another corner with AI getting into my field of view - AI immediately turns to me and shoots me...

Perhaps you should post this to the bugtracker with an edited version of your mission that places you in the correct position to easily reproduce the problem.

What are essentially BIS 'features' have no place here, unless you are posting suggestions on ways to fix them.

Note that when you move behind cover, you need to be careful that you're not simply being caught out by the AI's excellent prediction algorithm - if they have seen you moving and you keep going without changing your track they will be expecting you when you emerge on the other side of the object.

Mandrake5: 'asr_cfgweapons_fix_grenadiers.pbo' excellent fix is from Robalo_AS, anything you need should be available from here.

Simon C & Dogmeat of Finland: I haven't done any work with ACE, but you should be able to use the existing ACE ArmA 2 Zeus AI core skills with the new components:

zeu_sys_AI.pbo

zeu_sys_AI.pbo.ZEU_test.bisign

& FindCover required by zeu_sys_AI.pbo:

zeu_FindCover.pbo

zeu_FindCover.pbo.ZEU_test.bisign

and enjoy the dynamic AI features.

Note, zeu_sys_AI and zeu_FindCover require Extended Eventhandlers (thanks to Killswitch, Sickboy):

cba_extended_eventhandlers.pbo

cba_oa_main.pbo

& .bisign files

Protegimus

AI can go through a building if you simply give them a waypoint that makes them path through it, but Zeus AI can also make them actually take cover in buildings.

I meant I was sniping a squad, than saw someone dart across the second floor window :p

ok metalcraze, I tested your mission with default AI and experience exactly the same behaviour!

Yeah I actually thought that BIS have messed something with nightops again in OA. In ArmA2 with Zeus it was fine. It would be good if Zeus will change it for OA too.

The good news is that the AI ability to locate you so easily, despite using a silenced weapon in the dark is improved over vanilla (fixed?) in tomorrows release.

Improved in which way? Will it locate more easily or the other way around?

Note that you are using precision way above what I recommend, so you'll have to deal with the precise shots...

Precise shots don't worry me. The idea of this mission is to avoid combat anyway.

Perhaps you should post this to the bugtracker with an edited version of your mission that places you in the correct position to easily reproduce the problem.

I may

What are essentially BIS 'features' have no place here, unless you are posting suggestions on ways to fix them.

Have you tried just following one of the patrols from behind, staying 100-150m away (just not prone) and waiting till they'll turn around - they usually spot me as soon as they make a turn (without my squad making a shot or running around) - which should be impossible in such darkness without NVGs. So a suggestion will be - make AI less sensitive in the dark without NVGs.

Note that when you move behind cover, you need to be careful that you're not simply being caught out by the AI's excellent prediction algorithm - if they have seen you moving and you keep going without changing your track they will be expecting you when you emerge on the other side of the object.

Yeah I know this. The problem is those two spetsnaz guys only heard shots when I was fighting the patrolling squad there but remained at their position and didn't know where I am (otherwise they would be attacking me).

Actually what about fixing this too? If it makes sense - like AIs from different squads nearby, in some small radius (that are not having waypoints) rushing to help their mates? I remember it was in GroupLink for OFP, so I imagine it's possible here too. I mean they just stand there, letting their mates get killed - it will only be logical if some AI teamwork will take place.

Hello Protegimus, recently I noticed my RPT was looking a little more, uh, "bloated" than usual. So I did some testing and I seemed to have narrowed the case of RPT spam down to the newest Zeus AI :(

In my test with a fresh RPT, I launched ArmA 2: Combined Ops and played Benchmark 01, then shut the game down. The RPT was nearly 10mb large.

Mostly spammed with:

(time <_start)
>
 Error position: <_start)
>
 Error Undefined variable in expression: _start
Error in expression <time > _stopUntil
|| 

The full RPT can be found here

Thanks

Thanks AnimalMother92, bug report appreciated and already fixed for upcoming (hopefully later today) release.

metalcraze: Fixed as in they don't pinpoint your location as soon as you fire ;)

Once you've downloaded the new version, it will be worth running your mission again as the above improvement should help with the problem of AI 'seeing' too well in the dark.

Also, for feature requests and things inherent to the game that you already know about, you'll get more mileage out of me if you present them as such rather than as complaints about Zeus AI - I have my own design/features that I'm interested in developing, you know, not chasing bugs in the game.

Protegimus

I get, "No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Rocker1.scope'".

This is with OA standalone.

I get, "No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Rocker1.scope'".

This is with OA standalone.

Hi Mudkip,

Which version are you using?

Please use the latest version from the Zeus download link/repository.

Protegimus

I would like to know this too. After all this is a must have addon which keeps getting better and better after every update.

Come back from holiday and discover this gem!

So I'm dying to known whether this update is for OA-only, or if it also compatible with vanilla A2.

If AI throws smoke = it works.

My AI never throws smoke and I've always been skeptical that it works. I don't know how the hell it couldn't be, however. Everything is set up correctly.

Make sure that you are running CBA as well maturin, otherwise it WON'T work !

So I'm dying to known whether this update is for OA-only, or if it also compatible with vanilla A2.

Dynamic AI is fully compatible with base ArmA 2 - I did all the original development work with ArmA 2, so there should be no problems.

You won't need any of the _OA components, so just use the .pbo's listed below together with those from base Zeus AI -

ArmA 2 / CO & OA AI core skills:

zeu_cfg_core_ai_skills.pbo

zeu_cfg_core_ai_skills.pbo.ZEU.bisign

ArmA 2 / CO & OA Zeus AI:

zeu_sys_AI.pbo

zeu_sys_AI.pbo.ZEU_test.bisign

FindCover required by zeu_sys_AI.pbo

zeu_FindCover.pbo

zeu_FindCover.pbo.ZEU_test.bisign

Note, zeu_sys_AI and zeu_FindCover require Extended Eventhandlers (thanks to Killswitch, Sickboy):

cba_extended_eventhandlers.pbo

& .bisign file

Protegimus

Great mod, I love it!

But where can I find the newest version?

I am using Yoma's synch, but the newest ZCommon files I get from it are from August 5th.

The http://zeus-community.net/important/@zeu_AI.7z contains a few files from August 8th.

Is the zip archive experimental only? If so, what are the changes? When will the Yoma repository be updated?

Thanks a lot

A.

@Proti: thanks for the quick reply. I'm afraid have a couple more questions ;)

1. Does this mean that I add these 3 pbo (and their corresponding bisign files)

zeu_cfg_core_ai_skills

zeu_sys_AI

zeu_FindCover

to my existing @zcommon folder?

Which, given that it already includes these 4 pbo:

zeu_cfg_core_ai_engagement

zeu_cfg_core_ai_sensors

zeu_cfg_core_ai_skills

zeu_cfg_core_ai_spotting

would mean that my new @zcommon folder will contain these 7 pbos, right?

zeu_cfg_core_ai_skills

zeu_sys_AI

zeu_FindCover

zeu_cfg_core_ai_engagement

zeu_cfg_core_ai_sensors

zeu_cfg_core_ai_skills

zeu_cfg_core_ai_spotting

2. What about the sub-folder of the @zeu_AI archive called "ArmA2 only" ?

It contains 2 pbos that you haven't mentioned:

zeu_c_anims_weaponsway

zeu_c_wep_dispersion

Should I add these 2 pbos to the 7 above?

Much appreciated.

If this is correct, then, provided its OK with you, I could upload this package and to be shared with other A2 grognards.

You should update the original post with the latest version.

Thanks for the browser http://zeus-community.net/important/@zeu_AI.7z download link Terox.

This should be resolved verde13, I'd be interested if you can provide feedback.

Protegimus

Hi, sorry for the late reply, i was away for a few days. Anyway, i tested the newest version and it's close to perfect. Infantry units display human like behaviour while the armor doesn't get stuck anymore.

One small observation regarding the armor. If you could tone down the distance they travel to find cover. I had an Abrams go from one side of the hill to the other one, only to come back and complete the objective. It does work but it's kind of an immersion killer. In fact in my opinion the armor should be looking for cover as little as possible unless it's facing overwhelming odds.

That's about all i've had to say. Even in beta this mod is absolutely amazing.

P.S. I've also bumped into some unexpectedly slow reaction by the AI in CQB situations. I've often stood right in front of them only for them either to pass me by or to take their time to aim and kill me. This isn't happening all the time and at least for me it isn't such a big deal. I've got the AI skill set at 0,91.