Protegimus

Zeus AI Combat Skills

Is it possible that Zeus AI is moving enemies that are inside buildings outside to try attack the players or find "better" cover? Because I've noticed that AI that were originally placed inside buildings don't seem to stay there, resulting in not a lot of CQB even when I really try to make the missions include a lot of CQB.

AI have always been able to open doors, except sometimes they choose to just walk through them, after all, if you could, wouldn't you do that too? :P

Edited by galzohar

The AI will relocate if the cover they are using is compromised.

In a building, this is often just to another part of the building rather than to the outside.

I may re-instate the bypass function to allow mission makers to fix location for specific purposes.

thearies: what aspect of rocket ballistics isn't working?

metalcraze: glad you're enjoying it and yeah, there is still lots of work to do.

Default 'micro AI' is still responsible for the majority of the AI behaviour. I'm only dealing with reaction to contact for individual units atm, but I'm looking at more.

So far as I know, default AI can open doors. Now they go into buildings your old trick might not be as foolproof...

With reference to server keys, the public Zeu .bikey can be obtained from OFPEC tags.

A note if you already had zeu_c_anims_weaponsway.pbo - this should only be used for ArmA 2, as it does not work in OA with the new weapon recoil effect.

Protegimus

Hi

I have been interested in this mod for a while but I have never actually used it. Why? Because I don't understand how it interacts with the difficulty settings.

eg. The difficulty settings in a SP affect things like situational awareness AND the skill/accuracy of friendly enemy units. So you get more skilled/accurate enemies at Expert than in Regular.

(I have more questions about how the difficulty settings affect things waiting to be answered here:

When using ZeusAI, does it matter what difficulty setting you choose?

Is it expected that players actually manually custom tweak their difficulty settings somehow so that the right skill/accuracy of friendly enemy units is used to match what ZeusAI expects? (I still don't understand if ZeusAI overwrites all and any of the settings the player may choose in the difficulty setttings).

Cheers

Bull

i don´t notice any gravity effect when i fire a rpg, it flies as before beam like...:confused:

It's not so much about wanting to disable their "take cover" ability, it's just that they seem to sometimes just leave the building for no good reason. I'm not talking about building positions that were taken by the find cover function, but rather by building positions that were taken by some other any other script prior to combat, so possibly the find cover function may decide it wants to use a different cover even though the current one (or one inside the same house) is perfectly fine.

Also, they seem to use smoke way too often. Sometimes you don't even know when they are and then they pop smoke and reveal their position. It's actually a lot more common for me to say "hey, there's enemy there, look at the smoke", compared to "crap he just popped smoke can't see him".

Bullman: The correct settings for Zeus AI are documented in the readme that accompanies the mod. Players are free to adjust this to their personal taste of course and a number of people have posted about experience using small variation.

I could, but haven't configured settings through an addon; as changing it is very easy and allows the freedom to experiment.

There is also discussion and answers to your other questions earlier in this thread.

thearies: ok, I just wanted to make certain we were on the same page. I definitely see an improvement compared to default, though it is not what it should be. Ref. my previous comment, but if it is possible to improve it in config, then I'll see what I can do.

galz: what would be really useful would be a reference to where this occurs either in one of your missions or a repro and I'd be happy to debug it - it can only lead to further improvements.

Use of smoke in incorrect circumstances should already be addressed, though I'm sure it can be refined over time.

Protegimus

As far as I can tell this seems to happen in just about any mission of mine, but I can't tell for sure if it's actually zeus AI telling them to move out. Hadn't had the chance to test without zeus AI to compare.

So, hold on. Switching the percantage of "skill" in game options does not touch zeus AI at all...? O.O

So, hold on. Switching the percantage of "skill" in game options does not touch zeus AI at all...? O.O

Erm, no. Re-read Pro's post and the 1st post. You can change your settings just as before.

no prob. its just a feature that i missed, but i think when ACE 1.5 OA arrives the ballistic problem no longer exists.

the essential point is the AI and every enhancement takes arma2 to a new level

so i wait eagerly whats the next step in Zeus AI :bounce3:

Hi Protegimus,

Just thought I would post a bug with the new beta OA Zeus. When I have either the OA or non OA weapon dispersion pbo enabled, there is no sound for the Marines M16 variants. All other weapons are OK.

Thanks for this awesome mod.

its seem the KORD is a little too accurate maybe its just me... but one ai KORD murdered me and my AI squad of about 9 from 300 to 400 meters in a matter seconds. :soldier: :681:

---------- Post added at 06:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:36 AM ----------

Hi Protegimus,

Just thought I would post a bug with the new beta OA Zeus. When I have either the OA or non OA weapon dispersion pbo enabled, there is no sound for the Marines M16 variants. All other weapons are OK.

Thanks for this awesome mod.

i found a fix for this, remove the "...wep_dispersion" pbo's and bisigns. tho it seems this is vital part of the mod idk.

well those are the files causing the problems anyway:rolleyes:

Can someone post a new link to the Beta for those of us that don't use Yoma's?(I use SixUpdater)

The link someone posted a few pages back is now invalid.

FWIW, Manzilla, Yoma is a lot less user-intensive to set up than Six. Run the .msi installer and it's ready to use.

The beta Zeus AI is one of the default servers, just a click away.

Of course, but coming from someone who has used Yoma's to download nothing but CAA1 and this Zeus AI beta I speak from a similar experience to Manzilla's lol

FWIW, Manzilla, Yoma is a lot less user-intensive to set up than Six. Run the .msi installer and it's ready to use.

But I like SixUpdater much more. I'm not a fan of Yoma's and I really don't want to set something up just to use it once. Seems pointless. I'm trying to keep what I have on this PC to a minimum. Can someone just pack it up and shoot me a link. I can't imagine the files are much larger than a few Mb's. That said it would be silly for me to get another program just to use it for one thing.

I can wait for a real release but I'd like to help test.

---------- Post added at 10:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 AM ----------

Of course, but coming from someone who has used Yoma's to download nothing but CAA1 and this Zeus AI beta I speak from a similar experience to Manzilla's lol

But I'm not doing that. It's silly for me to DL and setup just to use it once and for such tiny files.

It's no big deal, again. I can wait. I just wanted to help.

EDIT:

There's so much stuff on this interface it's nuts. Which is the correct files to DL for the Beta. I don't want all this other stuff. I'm running ACE2 and CO.

Edited by Manzilla

Bullman: The correct settings for Zeus AI are documented in the readme that accompanies the mod. Players are free to adjust this to their personal taste of course and a number of people have posted about experience using small variation.

I could, but haven't configured settings through an addon; as changing it is very easy and allows the freedom to experiment.

OK. What I read is this:

Empirical data provides the following recommended skill settings for the .ArmA2Profile:

skillFriendly=0.89999998;

skillEnemy=0.89999998;

Recommended precision settings for the player/server profile are:

precisionFriendly=0.5;

precisionEnemy=0.2;

Friendly precision is set higher to mitigate against friendly fire and does not

appear to unbalance gameplay when commanding AI squads.

I am surprised by a) the huge difference between the friendly and enemy precision and b) the difference these values and the default RECRUIT values for them set by BI (enemy/friendly=0.55/1) . Does that mean the enemy AI will friendly fire on themselves because their precision is set to 0.2? Does the ZeusAI mod do other things to compensate for dropping the enemy precision to 0.2 compared to the ArmA default RECRUIT value of 0.55?

There is also discussion and answers to your other questions earlier in this thread.

So can I assume then that you (and other users of this mod) have edited the skill/precision values in each of RECRUIT, REGULAR, VETERAN and EXPERT to be the same as the ones above? Personally, I think the way BI have implemented these "default" difficulty settings in the game is kind of confusing.

Edited by Bullman

Something that i've noticed about Zeus CO findcover.pbo is that while in principle it works really well, it often ends up producing a stalemate since all the units remain in cover and won't engage anymore. This is particularly obvious for armored units who when they detect enemy contacts, make a run for the nearest cover and remain behind it even when there is no enemy left. This also makes it impossible to command units since they ignore waypoints and move commands.

Other than that this is a very good mod.

P.S. I too would like a Six-Updater link.

Edited by verde13

I second Verde's complaint about units pretty often not moving anywhere from cover after the battle even when they have a waypoint.

Edited by metalcraze

I personally play with this with all skills set to an absolute of 1 (maximum possible) and don't notice any "crazy AI accuracy" stuff. At least they aren't any more accurate than players, which is good enough of a reason for me to not lower their skill even a single bit.

Current Zeus AI version seems to be completely breaking the 1st mission of the OA campaign - blufor can't even take the airport. It wasn't the issue with the latest AA2 version (I've completed the whole campaign with it)

The reason is Shilka which isn't getting destroyed (probably because it wipes out Delta) and then kills everyone on the airfield. Have you increased vehicle's "seeing" too much?

Edited by metalcraze

aeggwards1: Thanks for the report, I'll address it as a priority.

UncleKeith: Kord - comment noted. You can test the base accuracy for yourself by placing the same type of Kord in the editor and shooting a suitable target. Compare it to default.

I used footage of this weapon as a reference as I don't have any other source, it appears capable of effectively engaging vehicle sized objects at ~300m when fired from a bipod or pintle mount. Bear in mind its design and purpose, but I'll happily adjust it to match suitable data.

verde13: yes, you need to be patient on this as I am still planning/developing the mod. As posted above leadership and combat strategy is to come.

Wrt to moving AI in combat, is this related to BIS AI danger mode behaviour or my work?

galz: I still avoid setting skillFriendly/skillEnemy to 1 as this used to break any opportunity of a covert approach. Also, with skillEnemy set to 1, the AI didn't make flanking attacks as often. Probably due for a retest as I haven't looked at it since ArmA 2 beta's, one more thing for the list...

metalcraze: Although it's useful to know, I'm not too concerned about 'breaking' campaign missions or other complaints as that is not the reason I'm developing this.

Protegimus