Protegimus

Zeus AI Combat Skills

Zeus Gaming Community ArmA II server has a beautifull very small pack (1.29mb) with improved ai and gameplay

http://www.mediafire.com/?9u4fw31c8f8zw9g

check on 30/7/2010

Arrowhead @Zcommon Dated: 25th July 2010

This is a clientside only addon pack.

IT IS NOT required to play on the server, however it will improve your immersion and gameplay

NB>> Take note there are 2 subfolders in your addon folder

OA_Only

CO_Only

The addons that are in the << @Zcommon\addons >> folder are common to both OA & CO installs

***** For Standalone Arrowhead installs ONLY *****

Copy any files that are in the << OA_Only >> Subfolder

to the @Zcommon\addons folder

***** For Combined Ops installs ONLY *****

Copy any files that are in the << CO_Only >> Subfolder

to the @Zcommon\addons folder

To load @Zcommon create a shortcut and run the following -mod param

-mod=@zcommon

Edited by Birdseye

Is this an "official" release and acknowledged by Protegimus or is it an leaked alpha-beta tryout?

This is a clientside only addon pack.

IT IS NOT required to play on the server, however it will improve your immersion and gameplay

In the past it was different. I only had to install the mod on the server - the clients don´t needed the addon. Is it possible to use it the old way without any drawbacks? Or am i loosing some functions if the mod is only loaded on the server?

We want to keep the amount of needed mods low on our server - so it would be great if the addon works only on server installation.

When Zeus AI runs on a machine it affects all the AI units that are controlled by that machine, as it had always been. That means that if a client does not have the addon, any AI under his command will work like vanilla AI, for better and for worse. So basically to get consistent gameplay, any client that commands AI needs to have Zeus AI as well, but if no clients ever command any AI on your server than you're good to only have it on the server.

As not everyone is using yoma, and knows about the pack , I just created a link to bring it to attention. Yoma addonsync can be used to keep your files easily updated. (and they get updated reguarly).

Some (modified?)work from solus SLX is also included to improve AI.

Difficulty settings matter, and the settings suggested in the first post in this thread are pretty good.

To see how good AI is, and if they use buildings for cover, just give it a try.

Link to ZeuS Gaming Community site where is discussed the contents of the zcommon pack

http://zeus-community.net/jom/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=14

the downloadlink of the zcommon pack

http://www.mediafire.com/?9u4fw31c8f8zw9g

edit: running combined A2/OA, if you miss some sound, zeu_OA_c_wep_dispersion.pbo is the cause and has to be disabeld or renamed.

Edited by Birdseye

Do I have this right, simple as this -

I drop my DL @zcommon file into my ARMA2 folder/directory (as with other mods) - Then simply use the mod activation within A2/AO combined Ops and it should be working?

Yes, but using the mod activation within A2/AO combined ops is a pretty bad idea. Much better to disable all mods through the game and then run whatever mods you want using a shortcut or launcher.

As not everyone is using yoma, and knows about the pack , I just created a link to bring it to attention. Yoma addonsync can be used to keep your files easily updated. (and they get updated reguarly).

Thanks for sharing!

What are the most important changes and additions to the original SLXmod in this version of @zcommon?

Cheers

Yes, but using the mod activation within A2/AO combined ops is a pretty bad idea. Much better to disable all mods through the game and then run whatever mods you want using a shortcut or launcher.

Why is this the case? I've yet to have any problems using the mod activiation system within A2/AO-Com Ops.....Are there / have there been issues reported?

And does't the activation system basically do the same thing, add a string of mods to your shortcut launcher (from behind the scenes more or less).

Thanks...

@fideco

from the slxmod, it seems the take_cover fuction is with permission of solus used and modified to fit the purpose of this pack.

@meade95

think also it works good both ways.

Edited by Birdseye

Why is this the case? I've yet to have any problems using the mod activiation system within A2/AO-Com Ops.....Are there / have there been issues reported?

And does't the activation system basically do the same thing, add a string of mods to your shortcut launcher (from behind the scenes more or less).

Thanks...

For example, let's say you load a mod that crashes your game and doesn't even let the game load. Now you have to either delete/rename the mod or go to your player.arma2profile file and edit it so the game doesn't run with that mod.

Additionally every time you want to load different mods you need to load the game twice - once to pick the mods and then another to actually run it with the mods you picked. Much faster to just run it with whatever mods you want from the get-go and not need to restart the game.

A part of ACRE doesn't even work when launched through the game.

Of course there may be other issues I have yet to discover...

It's definitely in the development stage, but anyone that wishes to try it out is welcome to do so. It has been thoroughly tested in MP (though this is no guarantee of being completely bug free!)

A personal thank you to Solus, first for allowing me to use and modify his work and second for taking the time to provide feedback and assistance.

Thanks to Terox from Zeus for hosting, advice and updating the server, mike and Galz for critical testing and feedback.

On a side note, I was trying to keep standard ArmA 2 compatibility for everything, but the majority are already using it with OA so that's what I've standardised on until full CO support is available - producing and testing multiple versions is very time consuming.

Contents:

ArmA 2 / CO & OA AI core skills:

zeu_cfg_core_ai_skills.pbo

zeu_cfg_core_ai_skills.pbo.ZEU.bisign

OA AI recognition:

zeu_OA_c_ai_recognition.pbo

zeu_OA_c_ai_recognition.pbo.ZEU.bisign

OA AI engagement ranges and rates of fire:

zeu_OA_c_ai_rof.pbo

zeu_OA_c_ai_rof.pbo.ZEU.bisign

OA realistic weapon dispersion:

zeu_OA_c_wep_dispersion.pbo

zeu_OA_c_wep_dispersion.pbo.ZEU_test.bisign

OA rocket ballistics:

zeu_OA_c_RocketBallistics.pbo

zeu_OA_c_RocketBallistics.pbo.ZEU.bisign

OA MG recoils:

zeu_OA_c_wep_Recoils.pbo

zeu_OA_c_wep_Recoils.pbo.ZEU_test.bisign

ArmA 2 / CO & OA Zeus Dynamic AI:

zeu_sys_AI.pbo

zeu_sys_AI.pbo.ZEU_test.bisign

zeu_GLx.pbo

zeu_netcode.pbo

FindCover required by zeu_sys_AI.pbo

zeu_FindCover.pbo

zeu_FindCover.pbo.ZEU_test.bisign

zeu_sys_AI and zeu_FindCover require Extended Eventhandlers (thanks to Killswitch, Sickboy):

cba_extended_eventhandlers.pbo

cba_oa_main.pbo

& .bisign files

FOV modification, especially suitable for players that use TrackIR or freelook.

Makes objects as close to scale as possible in first person view. While this

narrows the field of view compared to vanilla, players with TrackIR keep full

situational awareness as they can easily look around. Levels of zoom are also reduced:

zeu_OA_c_FOV.pbo

zeu_OA_c_FOV.pbo.ZEU_test.bisign

As already posted it is available for download from the Zeus Yoma AddonSync repository: http://zeus-community.net/yas/zeus/yas2302.7z

with a standard browser download here:

http://zeus-community.net/important/zeu_AI.7z

With Terox not around, the Zeus web site/Yoma's is in total chaos so the most reliable place to get the most up to date downloads is on our TS3 server:

teamspeak.zeus-community.net:9987

Channel: Support & File Repository

graphical instructions here.

Current version will hopefully be available later today and it includes a number of improvements.

So, what does it do?

I'm working to improve AI, especially for infantry based co-op play. Implemented as an addon that can run on server and client or client side only, so that no scripting is required to use it and automatically available for all missions.

So far the following features/improvements are available in addition to the traditional benefits of core Zeus AI skills:

reaction to contact and enemy fire

improved CQB

improved movement under contact

dynamic selection of cover/concealment, including use of buildings

As I've been playing base OA/CO, I've improved a number of aspects that specifically affect the player:

MG recoil is modified to make them properly effective when fired from a supported position. PKM is taken from video footage, though some licence was used to balance against M240 for gameplay purposes. M240 and SAW I've based on experience of GMPG and Minimi respectively, so hopefully they should be pretty much spot on.

Weapon dispersion modified to accurate values for as many weapons as possible. Mounted weapons are also addressed, an important factor for me.

AI dispersion has also been balanced to correctly portray the strengths of the various weapons.

Ammunition ballistics would be the natural complement to this and maybe I'll look to get permission for the future to include some of the excellent work already done for this.

Rocket ballistics is included and rids us of the laser straight flight path for RPG and AT4 rounds - original behaviour appears to be a bug in the game that I hope BIS will address in time.

Feedback as always is appreciated - keep it constructive though and bear in mind that it's fairly early days for development.

In the longer term, I'm aiming to develop AI leadership and combat strategy, to complement and improve on the small scale improvements included here.

Let me know if you're also working on similar things, it'd be great to collaborate on this on a broader scale.

Protegimus

Edited by Protegimus
Added TS3 download information

wow thanks, this is great especially the use of cover, ai improvements are always wanted... i love it all, still on the fence about the fov tho... i'll keep using and see if i get use to it... if not i'll just remove the PBO.

Any chance of this being posted on the six-updater as well ?

Great addon by the way.

I've tried Birdseye's version and I like how AI deploys smoke - made me wonder why didn't it do it before. Like several squads of my own were pushing opfor back in one town in Chernarus and they deployed smoke which totally concealed our view and stopped advance for a bit. Or how pilots of downed choppers were deploying smoke immediately upon jumping out.

I also liked how AI seemed to use cover more. It still acted stupid at times, but compared to how it was previously it was an improvement.

I've noticed though that in lasershow mission some soldiers were breaking formations, but still mission ended with no casualties.

So I'll definitely try the "original" version of Zeus.

hmmmm... rocket ballistics don' t work for me...cba 0.6 is active, combined ops running...

anyone same prob ???

Another thing I've noticed is that when vehicles are in the open and notice enemies they try to use buildings around them for cover. That's a on the "pro" side.

The con here is that multiple vehicles group together behind one and the same building at times.

Hi folks, am glad you are enjoying Protegimus's AI enhancements.

Please be aware, the @Zcommon mod folder that is available on our Yoma repository is specifically set up for the Zeus community and the Zeus server.

It contains other addons along with Zeus AI which you may or may not want to run.

It is updated regularly and often contains beta development content, especially the latest unreleased DEV version of Prot's work. Other servers may not have the BiKeys required to run some of these addons and the keys at the moment are not included in our community pack.

I wasn't aware that folks outside of our community were downloading this pack, but now that I am, I shall endeavour to also include the server keys for it, which I will add in the next update.

It may be a better idea to only download from the Yoma repository and not host a mirror site due to the constantly evolving content.

If you need help in setting up Yoma's, please refer to the Zeus community manual linked too in my signature file.

The Zeus AI can be installed serverside only if that is what you prefer. Ideal for coop play if you dont want your clients to run addons

Edited by Terox

Can AI open doors with new versions of Zeus btw?

It's hard to notice with all the combat going around and all

As you know in vanilla AI can't, so it leads to this little cheat where you can just enter the house, close doors and heal/exchange ammo/etc with your team in a complete safety.

Hope you guys didn't mind bringing it to attention here.

Besides Protegimus's AI enhancements, the pack has very good additions, like the mk4 addons, proper and more.

Just saw it was already updated! I will remove the file from mediafire, and won't post links again.

Yoma addonsync it is, all the way!

Please don't post links to a mish-mash of addons without clearly marking it so - I appreciate having the latest of the zeus addon available but I have no interest in downloading a random set of addons that do not belong to the same set.