Protegimus

Zeus AI Combat Skills

Not sure I dig this mod. The accuracy is really quite bad, both for friendly and enemy AI.

Not quite bad, but realistic. Ever tried to shoot a AK-47 full auto? You can´t hit shit with it

Sorry but this mod works on a stupid premise. It basically makes it so the AI cant hit the broad side of a barn, for the sake of "immersion". This is directed at the maker, who seems to be an arrogant prick and conveniently dodges questions or suggestions about improving the accuracy. He thinks realism is happily prancing around unharmed with bullets whizzing past your head every which way, as in a movie. You can forget about snipers and marksmen.

Deleting this crap. Now how the hell do I restore my profile settings.

Edited by Njayjay

Well don´t know what youn have done with the settings, but the Ai is okay for me, they hit pretty good actually. If you want the AI to hit you better, then twek your Profile settings, no need to delete the Mod. The Mod doesn´t only improve AI Precision, but also AI engagement Range and other Stuff.

Sorry but this mod works on a stupid premise. It basically makes it so the AI cant hit the broad side of a barn, for the sake of "immersion". This is directed at the maker, who seems to be an arrogant prick and conveniently dodges questions or suggestions about improving the accuracy. He thinks realism is happily prancing around unharmed with bullets whizzing past your head every which way, as in a movie. You can forget about snipers and marksmen.

Looks like your in the minority, and if you hate it so much why waste time just posting negatives, you certainly have your mind made up. You talking to the creator like hes some noob hollywood kid who built this as some scheme to only ruin your gaming experience (your not forced to use it), the only childlike thing here is your post, and its offensive and personal, not a good move.

You raise your settings to make them more "accurate" .. it can be balanced, you need to tweak it a little more to your tastes, this mod isn't all about making accuracy bad as some kind of cheap workaround, if that's your understanding of it then im not surprised about your response. Its also about flanking moves and AI teamwork, please create a version that does things better or more to your liking is the only fix your end from what i can see.

Edited by mrcash2009

+1 Infraction for that. We do not tolerate any kind of personal attacks just because you dislike a Mod or addon. I thought you got that from your last infraction, but no worry we have gazillions of them left.

Concerning to think someone gets so upset and angry when they feel . . . that they just haven't been shot enough.

I hope you backed up your barn claims with some thorough testing in the editor and a control situation with vanilla Arma2.

But seriously - if you don't like it, don't use it and get on with enjoying ArmA2 :)

I strongly disagree. This mod like all mods, is in a constant state of improvement. Im am very thankful to Protegimus for all his efforts. I think you have messed up your accuracy settings too much. You should look into your profile settings. Change the skill and accuracy settings to veteran default and then see how long you survive

I've had a much easier time against AI using ACE than I have with Zeus. This mod still rocks. ACE is the only place I've noticed the AI being unable to hit me when I should have been dead.

My teammates are just as bad as the enemy it seems, on a squad vs squad scenario at 150-200m I end up taking down the most enemies (especially with scope) because they are such bad shots, bullets will land everywhere all around the target while I just ACOG snipe everything.

---------- Post added at 03:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:20 AM ----------

Concerning to think someone gets so upset and angry when they feel . . . that they just haven't been shot enough.

I hope you backed up your barn claims with some thorough testing in the editor and a control situation with vanilla Arma2.

But seriously - if you don't like it, don't use it and get on with enjoying ArmA2 :)

Yes I backed this up in the editor, I end up killing everything on a squad vs squad scnarario because my teammates will just spray bullets wildly everywhere while missing targets standing right out in the open.

Well I think you should maybe excuse yourself Njayay, but from what you write there it seems that you messed up the Friendly AI Aiming Skills

We use the Zues AI (and so it seems every server online) and it works fine! It is hard to imagin playing without it as it actually enahnces my AI and make them act more like Military than houswives in combat! :)

There is something called contructive critisim, if you have an issue with a mod point the issues without calling names.

They work hard for no fee so the least we can do is be appreciative and there is always the option of just pressing DELETE!

I use the Zeus AI with ACE and if anything the AI are alot harder to fight with Zeus used then without the Zeus. They aim alot better and tend to take alot more cover....which makes them harder to kill. In open areas they go prone, and when shot at if the round misses they tend to look and see where the fire came from after hitting the dirt and returning fire in the right direction. I keep it on regular setting otherwise I would most likely spend most of my time dead.

Don't understand..when AI are deadly with AK at 1000 yds players whine.

When bullets disperse and they have trouble hitting you at 1000 yds players whine...

When bullets disperse and they have trouble hitting you at 1000 yds players whine...

Yep--just can't please everyone it seems.

I think something got messed up along the way, because me and my guys have yet to experience said complaints...at all. In fact, they're all the more deadly and aggressive. Even better when used with ACE and GL4. Can't say for certain what and where it went wrong for this guy, but something sure did because none of us are suffering from it. :p

Hehe, I remember playing Cipher with this running and 1) they ambushed me from a hill overlooking the road I was traveling on (they left a vehicle empty on the road so I pulled off to the side). I got out with the ai team, and I nearly went deaf because in a split second there was gunfire and I didn't know what was going on.

Second time I got suppressed and forced under a small bridge. Overall--great fun!

Haven't had that probem. No AK sniping issues though they do get good hits in if I'm in the open no cover. No insta kills though unless I don't realize they're there and get within 30meters or so. Even then they shoot me a few times before I go down. Was trying out the Vietnam the Experience MOD with ACE2+Zeus and WARFX and it works great. Hard to find the enemy though so I kept getting too close while standing in the open. Kept getting hammered from about 30meters from prone NVA.

Well, no perfection in this world. Until someone manages to sort out skill and accuracy based on unit class.

Well I think you should maybe excuse yourself Njayay, but from what you write there it seems that you messed up the Friendly AI Aiming Skills

Try placing a friendly squad vs enemy squad out in the open in the editor at about 150-200m distance. Let them open up. Don't fire any shots, just observe how inaccurate the bastards are. Especially note how rarely an enemy dies. Rather, bullets spray wildly all around them. If you can confirm this is not the case, then I guess I broke something in my settings or something. Try not to get killed/hit, and notice the engagement will take up at least a few minutes of what amounts to little more than ammo-wasting.

Edited by Njayjay

I think the reason it doesnt work is his attitude. I see attitude make problems 3 times as bad as they really are all the time.

When he grows up Im sure itll work fine for him.

I prefer he just go away, but hey... thats just me.

Try placing a friendly squad vs enemy squad out in the open in the editor at about 150-200m distance. Let them open up. Don't fire any shots, just observe how inaccurate the bastards are. Especially note how rarely an enemy dies. Rather, bullets spray wildly all around them. If you can confirm this is not the case, then I guess I broke something in my settings or something. Try not to get killed/hit, and notice the engagement will take up at least a few minutes of what amounts to little more than ammo-wasting.

I think that in your case the problem is located between your computer and your chair... :confused:

Has anyone noticed a change by AI behavior in Domination when ZEUS AI is enabled? Since last Wed. the Domination AI will not behave properly ie; not shoot at obvious targets, will fixate on one target and ignore others, act stupid. Then 20 minutes or so later all will seem well and they are back to their normal, flanking, grenade chucking, sneaky selves.

I gave that a try and had no issues. All fire from friendly and enemy hit where they are supposed to.....no bullets spraying wildy around. It tends to not last long, no more then a minute or so before fire dies down due to lack of enemy to kill. So far the russian infantry go down quicker, less accurate weapons and less personnel.But anyways, yes no problems with their aim at all. Must be something you had in settings that is messing them up.

---------- Post added at 06:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:00 AM ----------

Has anyone noticed a change by AI behavior in Domination when ZEUS AI is enabled? Since last Wed. the Domination AI will not behave properly ie; not shoot at obvious targets, will fixate on one target and ignore others, act stupid. Then 20 minutes or so later all will seem well and they are back to their normal, flanking, grenade chucking, sneaky selves.

Haven't noticed any issues there.

Hi Protegimus,

some days ago i found some problem on AI spotting performance while running Zeus (1.3).

It seems to me that max. "spotDistance" > 1 has some serious drawbacks:

i noticed that while "steady" (not moving) units benefit a lot from the maxed "SpotDistance", moving units don't.

So you end up with some serious AI balancing problems, check out the attached mission (run it with and without Zeus): http://www.2shared.com/file/11032620/e0352534/testDetection2utes.html

This simple mission features a couple units on the edges of UTES airport strip: a steady REDFOR unit (on the left side), a BLUFOR unit (on the right side) moving towards the REDFOR one.

The question is: when each of the two units will detect its opponent?

Here are my rough results (yours may change in values depending on your difficulty or profile settings, but i bet they will be consistent with mine):

VANILLA AI

-----------

BLUFOR DETECTED -> 200-210m.

REDFOR DETECTED -> 190-200m.

ZEUS AI

--------

BLUFOR DETECTED -> 360-380m.

REDFOR DETECTED -> 190-210m.

So with ZEUS enabled the moving unit's spotting performance is just on par with vanilla or slightly better. On the contrary the steady unit's spotting performance is 50-100% better than vanilla.

This is potentially breaking the gameplay balance, rendering cautious/stealthy advancing towards steady targets almost ineffective.

I bet it's a better option keeping "spotDistance" capped to 1 and to work on "sensitivity" to achieve some better-than-vanilla spotting performance while not breaking the balance.

Cheers.

Edited by fabrizio_T

Going even a smidge outside those boundaries in the read-me really messes it up. We've been playing with ZEUS A.I. on one of our member's server with ACE in domination for the past couple of weeks. When the settings aren't right, there isn't much of a difference in their behavior. However, inside of those boundaries, we've gotten some of the most fun and tough engagements we have had since playing in ARMA 2.

It definitely must be something on your end Njay.

Hmm. Although I like a lot the game changes Zeus introduced into gameplay, I think it makes almost impossible to sneak in the near of the enemy units without being spotted. EVEN when you definitely cannot be seen. A good example for it is the mission on Khe Sanh carrier in the Seal Team Six campaign from Sick1. Even when you are starting a deck below, without moving and making any noise, the AI will detect you and react. So right now I think the AI is too sensitive. I agree that they should spot enemy units on a farther distance, but still, it should be possible to sneak to them.

I will try some missions without ZEUS, only with ACE2. Lets see what it brings.