Sign in to follow this  
Anticept

Looking for Casually Disciplined ArmA II players

Greetings,

A few others and myself are trying to find more players who play ArmA II for some private games revolving around COOP game templates (Eve of Destruction and Domination Revive, we plan on playing more as we find them). There are only 5-6 of us who play right now, but unfortunately we are at differing times, making it hard to even fill a squad.

Our playstyle is "casually disciplined," where we must play as a team, but we don't try to do all that overly hardcore millsim bullcrap (We believe it's a game, not the military). We do adopt a lot of the tactics outlined here though (which uses SOME military methods): http://ttp2.dslyecxi.com/ It's a long read, but it's very close to our play-style and we hope people take the time to at least skim over it.

Note that we are a little selective in the people we play with, as we want to find people with play styles very similar to our own. From time to time we might blitz a map because we are bored, and other times we will prowl through the weeds setting up an ambush. It all depends on how everyone is feeling at the time. Also note, we aren't a hardcore team of people, we do have "doh" moments :P.

If we get enough people we might do a few PvP maps too... Give us a shout!

You can contact me via pm, through steam by adding "ctsthassell1@juno.com" to your friends list, or more preferrably, through skype by finding "Anticept". Note that on skype you have to add me to buddy list with a message about playing ArmA II or you can't contact me (strict filtering due to spambots). You can also just reply to this thread and I can contact you...

We also don't mind joint ops with other clans or groups.

Edited by Anticept
oops on the title.

I added you to my Steam - my group is a bunch of casuals as well. Some are on daily, others once a week, some make missions, etc. Good stuff and would be happy to stay connected with others with the same genre of players.

We don't typically like to play on pubs because the people never play "tight" enough.

I would like to point you guys towards this, might be something that could be useful for you:

ARMACOM

Possibly. I'll check it out when i have time.

I know this is a bit of a necrobump, but this topic applies again. Looking for people to play with, be it joint-ops or just a pick up game.

Edited by Anticept

would love to join in with you guys, I can play most days at 4-8pm GMT-5 time (Eastern US time) it's 11:26pm for me now.

so maybe I could join in sometime? :)