Sign in to follow this  
mandoble

Mando Missile ArmA for ArmA 2

Yeeeeaaa! I finally "get it". I read the PDF no less than 3 times and I still didn't pick up on that. I was a little worried with the "single key, no key combos, no joystick buttons", but then I realized I can use the Saitek software to make my joystick buttons mimic a key-press so I should be able to use all that with my joystick/throttle.

Thanks for the help and clarification! :bounce3:

Edited by jpinard

Mando this may be old but when dropping ACE ammo/ordnance boxes (not bandage box), the chute opens with no box, but the box appears on the ground where the chute lands.

Might be that box class has no visible model except when grounded.

Mando Missile ArmA 2.4Beta6 is ready ;) Dont forget to read the online MMA readme for more info.

Changes in v2.4b6

• Fixed: HUD was lost after loading a saved game where the HUD was active
  • Fixed: Gunship support console mission was spawning both choppers in the group in opposite directions
  • Fixed: MMA Air Support Console Laser support planes were emitting a radar on sound
  • Changed: Missile parameters for TOW, now it is more docile in vertical plane maneouvers
  • Added: MMA Air Support Console cameras for gunship and CAP wingmen planes and choppers
  • Added: MMA actions are now coloured for better identification
  • Added: Better accuracy for automatic free fall bombing
  • Added: TOW (manually guidance) for AH1Z as well as TOW rearming configuration
  • Added: ACE Setup new systems (thanks to Cyborg11)
    • ACE flares off if MMA ACE Setup is present in the mission
    • ACE AH1s including MMA TOW HUD mode (manual guidance for pilot and gunner).
    • M6A1 Linebacker now has MMA Stinger HUD for gunner
    • M2A2 Bradley now has MMA TOW HUD for gunner

[*]Added: New globals to be used by the MMA Air Support Console

• mando_airsupport_code_cas: If defined, executed when a cas/br mission is created, receives first plane's crew group as argument
    • mando_airsupport_code_ca: If defined, executed when gunship mission is created, receives crew group as argument
    • mando_airsupport_code_pa: If defined, executed when airborne assault mission is created, receives crew group and infantry group as argument
    • mando_airsupport_code_rc: If defined, executed when reco mission is created, receives crew group as argument
    • mando_airsupport_code_ev: If defined, executed when evac mission is created, receives crew group as argument
    • mando_airsupport_code_am: If defined, executed when ammo supply mission is created, receives crew group as argument
    • mando_airsupport_code_ve: If defined, executed when vehicle supply mission is created, receives crew group as argument
    • mando_airsupport_code_re: If defined, executed when reinforcements mission is created, receives crew group and infantry group as arguments
    • mando_airsupport_code_la: If defined, executed when laser mission is created, receives crew group as argument
    • mando_airsupport_code_cp: If defined, executed when CAP mission is created, receives crew group as argument
    • mando_airsupport_code_cb: If defined, executed when carpet bombing mission is created, receives crew group as argument
    • mando_airsupport_fixedpos: If defined, fixed spawn initial pos for all support missions

Thanks Mandoble! Appreciate that. ;)

mando_airsupport_fixedpos: If defined, fixed spawn initial pos for all support missions

ok so Im a little dumb. Can you give me some examples on what I would do with all the new globals. The last one looks like we can set a position for aircraft to begin at??!! Is this true and what do the other ones do.

ok so Im a little dumb. Can you give me some examples on what I would do with all the new globals. The last one looks like we can set a position for aircraft to begin at??!! Is this true and what do the other ones do.

Well I can help you with the Fixed Position for Support Console, this is how I use it. First create a marker in the editor where you want your Aircraft to start from like an Airbase, mine is called "mk_spawn". Then add this to your init.sqf

mando_airsupport_fixedpos = getMarkerpos "mk_spawn";

Hope this helps.

gunterlund21, the code vars are code vars spawned (if defined) when each kind of mission is created. It is up to the mission editor what to put inside, you can also define their code contents depending on options selected from the setup & info dialog (like any other console global), or depending on mission conditions, etc.

As a little example, adding a co-pilot to reinforcements choppers

mando_airsupport_code_re = 
{
  private ["_grp", "_heli", "_copilot"];

// A copilot is added to the crew of the reinforcements chopper
  _grp = _this select 0;
  _heli = vehicle (leader _grp);
  _copilot = _grp createUnit [typeOf (_leader _grp),[0,0,30], [], 0, "FORM"];
  _copilot setskill 0.5;
  _copilot setRank "PRIVATE";
  _copilot moveInCargo _heli;

// You may add here the creation of two fighters to scort _heli along its waypoints

};

Well I can help you with the Fixed Position for Support Console, this is how I use it. First create a marker in the editor where you want your Aircraft to start from like an Airbase, mine is called "mk_spawn". Then add this to your init.sqf

mando_airsupport_fixedpos = getMarkerpos "mk_spawn";

Hope this helps.

do they start in the air above that position?

---------- Post added at 12:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 AM ----------

gunterlund21, the code vars are code vars spawned (if defined) when each kind of mission is created. It is up to the mission editor what to put inside, you can also define their code contents depending on options selected from the setup & info dialog (like any other console global), or depending on mission conditions, etc.

As a little example, adding a co-pilot to reinforcements choppers

mando_airsupport_code_re = 
{
  private ["_grp", "_heli", "_copilot"];

// A copilot is added to the crew of the reinforcements chopper
  _grp = _this select 0;
  _heli = vehicle (leader _grp);
  _copilot = _grp createUnit [typeOf (_leader _grp),[0,0,30], [], 0, "FORM"];
  _copilot setskill 0.5;
  _copilot setRank "PRIVATE";
  _copilot moveInCargo _heli;

// You may add here the creation of two fighters to scort _heli along its waypoints

};

ah get it now.

Also Im using your script to define whether a player is a Driver and then he can use the console. what if you want him in the back of a vehicle. Is that crew or Cargo... Ie Player ==driver..... player == cargo?

Yep, the missions start airborne, as anyother one, except that the spawn position is fixed and not just defined by the ingress direction.

About the vehicle position, it might be driver, gunner, commander or cargo, it all depends on the available slots in the vehicle. But you can use any criteria you want, not just to be in a vehicle, might be to have something in the weapons array, to have some minimum rank, a mix of several conditions, etc.

Thank you for the update Mandoble - I've been spending some time in the editor and managed to add MMA and R3F into a little mission I'm building. I didn't realise how useful it is to have access to your work in a script based form. It's much more useful and flexible I find. Plus, when I do cobble together something worth releasing, there isn't the need for extra pbo's to download and complicate things.

Once again, thanks for your persistant work.

Hi Mando, I saw this mentioned ages ago in this thread but didn't see an answer...

It's a strange "bug?" with the FLIR where if you have NVG's on and switch to the hellfire camera (I did this in a Cobra) then you still get the green vision which you can't turn off. Even turning the NVG's off before you switch to the camera doesn't stop it.

Then when you switch on the FLIR it washes the entire camera view out in bright green light and you can't see anything.

What makes it even more weird is that if (in the editor) I place myself next to the heli and then preview the mission and hop straight in the heli with NVG's on it's fine. But if I play the mission from the start which means I only get in the heli 20-30 mins into the mission then this "bug?" happens.

Are you aware of this? Any idea what causes it or how to stop it?

Freebie, if you are using the script suite, open mando_missiles\tv\mando_missile_tv.sqf and look for

switch (_event) do
{

case "onLoad":
  {

As first line of the "onLoad" block, add

player action ["nvGogglesOff", player];

If this works for you I'll incorporate it in next beta.

Hi Mando, I'm not using that but I'm just about to do a Yoma update which has the latest version of Mando's so I'll let you know if maybe that clears it.

---------- Post added at 09:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 PM ----------

OK the update is done and the problem is still there, the FLIR can't be used as the camera view is still being processed through NVG mode.

Any other suggestions Mando?

Freebie, I tried myself and it worked perfectly. Did you add the code line there to remove the player's NVgoggles?

Mando this is a night mission so I need NVG's.

What I've discovered is that the problem is some sort of conflict between Mando's and the ACE NVG's.

If the chopper is the 1st vehicle you get in then all is ok. However if the chopper is the 2nd (or more) vehicle you get in then the bug shows up. That vehicle can be any other one or even the chopper itself if you get in, get out and then get in it again.

Only way to stop it is either don't turn the NVG's on at all before you enter the chopper or remove these files... ace_sys_nvg.pbo and ace_sys_nvg.pbo.ace_b332.bisign

Hope this info helps you possibly find a fix for it? :)

Edited by Freebie

Mando this is a night mission so I need NVG's.

What I've discovered is that the problem is some sort of conflict between Mando's and the ACE NVG's.

I've been wondering about that. Does your character ever turn his NVGs back on as soon as you switch them off?

I've been wondering about that. Does your character ever turn his NVGs back on as soon as you switch them off?

Not nowadays, but I think that that used to happen when I was using the NVG mod a ways back by itself before I was using it in ACE 2.

It's weird how the green FLIR bug only happens after you've already been in at least one vehicle. :confused: Hopefully Mando may be able to sort it.

Freebie I cannot help you with that "last vehicle" thing, this is MMA unrelated. But the command player action ["nvGogglesOff", player]; doesnt remove the NVG from your inventory (you can still use the NVGs along your mission), it just turn them off. So, placing that command in that script ensures NVG effect is turned off as soon as TV is turned on. As said, this works perfectly with BIS NVG.

Oh ok thanks then Mando now I see what you're saying. Sorry I'm still pretty newb at this stuff. :o

I'll give it a go :)

When using the "Script Suite" with ACE, is it necessary to put al three of these lines of code in the init.sqf as the readme states?

[]execVM"mando_missiles\mando_setup_full.sqf";
[]execVM"mando_missiles\mando_setup_ffaa.sqf";
[]execVM"mando_missiles\mando_setup_ace.sqf";

No,

[]execVM"mando_missiles\mando_setup_ffaa.sqf";

is required only if you use FFAA mod.

But I do need,

[]execVM"mando_missiles\mando_setup_full.sqf";

along with

[]execVM"mando_missiles\mando_setup_ace.sqf";

That's just been bugging me for so long.

Thanks.