Sign in to follow this  
mandoble

Mando Missile ArmA for ArmA 2

Guest ridzy

Scripted TorM1 launch type already working. Missile is ejected, then it gets an initial orientation while it ignites the engine. As always, doesnt require any extra addon ;)

Scripted TorM1 launch type already working. Missile is ejected, then it gets an initial orientation while it ignites the engine. As always, doesnt require any extra addon ;)

It is rather sweet how it does that.

Missile_launcher.gif

I'll have to test this, but I might be having the same issue. I've noticed that the missile heads towards the target on TOP mode, pretty much the same way it does on DIR mode.

I've actually felt like the two just got reversed: TOP mode results in the missile flying directly at the target while DIR mode results in the missile using a top-down attack profile. :confused:

Stupidly I assumed someone must have already reported this and didn't want to bother you while you were "on a break" with releases. :o

ncFmAJAmYoU

Well, mine work quite well in TOP mode :p
Remember that if the target is too close, the missile will switch automatically to direct mode immediately.

And a comparison with above reral TorM1 (but this one is addonless) ;)

DM8HQgNWXGs

Edited by Mandoble

Totally retract statement about Javelin, and partially re: the NLAW. Seems top down is working quite spiffingly, I just need to gain a bit more separation from targets. :D

However, what is the max range of the NLAW? I'm getting the rocket self destructing well short of the 1 click mark - around 300 metres, which renders it pretty useless.

Cameron, the problem is the time-to-life conf parameter of that missile, which seems to be quite short. After this time ArmA2 engine automatically deletes the object, and there is where MMA places the detonation, in the last known position before its deletion. One option to compensate that would be to increase quite a bit its MMA parameters for acceleration and max speed, so the object will exist just few secs but will be able to travel longer distances. The drawback is that as speed increases, turn radious increases too and so it might become quite less accurate against fast moving targets with trajectories perpendicular to the firing path of the missile.

Cameron, the problem is the time-to-life conf parameter of that missile, which seems to be quite short. After this time ArmA2 engine automatically deletes the object, and there is where MMA places the detonation, in the last known position before its deletion. One option to compensate that would be to increase quite a bit its MMA parameters for acceleration and max speed, so the object will exist just few secs but will be able to travel longer distances. The drawback is that as speed increases, turn radious increases too and so it might become quite less accurate against fast moving targets with trajectories perpendicular to the firing path of the missile.

Couldn't that be fixed by making a config that increases the lifetime of the missile?

Sure Xeno, but then it would be addon dependant which would not cover script suite based addonless missions.

Sure Xeno, but then it would be addon dependant which would not cover script suite based addonless missions.

I know, but it's something I could do to improve its performance on the TGW servers (for people using that particular addon, anyway).

Right, it'll just help those who wish to use it! Kinda like your removing auto locking for the shoulder launched weapons.

Right, it'll just help those who wish to use it! Kinda like your removing auto locking for the shoulder launched weapons.

I was actually planning on updating my version of that mod with the increased NLAW lifetime.

Max effective range of NLAW is 400m vs moving targets and 600m vs static ones. In case the missile misses the target, it is self-destroyed after traveling 1Km. Might be this is matching well what you see in A2 implementation.

Mando Missile ArmA 2.4Beta9.9 is ready (Requires A2 or A2 + OA). Dont forget to read the online MMA readme for more info.

Y8lAYs9Nbrk

Changes in v2.4b9.9

• Mission designers may set minimum firing ranges for SCUDs.
  • AH64 monocle's terraing following lines visible only when flying at low alts
  • AH64 TV has less visual "noise".
  • New radar control system for Tunguska's commanders.
  • Setups for Meatball's F18 pilot and gunner as well as MMA rearming options.
  • ACE2 compatibility issues gone and many missing ACE2 systems added (thanks to Crusader and Shuravi-rnd)
  • NumK 5 now stops any movement for TV systems.
  • TV, MCC, LRR and Support console systems adapted for 3 monitors setups
  • Added some optimizations for Echo/Mando nuclear detonation generated fallouts for MP
  • mando_no_score global added, if set to any value MMA score menu action will not be present.
  • Added guidance mode 6 for portable systems: Optical manual guidance, 3 was for wired manual guidance.
  • Fixed MP issues caused by latest official OA patch, where BIS fired missile might not be detected and so not erased, resulting in a MMA guided missiles + an unguided one.
  • Some extra systems added, GLT Grippen, Su24 and others, as well as their MMA rearming options.
  • Patriot systems PAC1 and PAC2 added to be used with real Patriot launchers (models) or simulated.
  • Most still existing "mando_missiles\" fixed paths changed to use the global for mma path to ease up integration with other third party mods. This global can now be set before mma initialization.
  • Improvements added to automatic SAMS. Addon makers can now setup firing animations that will be used by the script when firing missiles.
  • Minor improvements for the SAM site system, stealth planes cannot be locked on, ECM emitting planes are harder to lock on and to keep the lock.

And sorry for the delay guys :o

Nice job!

P.S: Mandoble you should seriously put some direct download mirrors, that "telefonica.net" link is shit. I can't access it with my ISP (Jazztel), and probably other people have the same problem.

Hey Mando, thank for the update. I do have one concern, it doesn't work as well as it did. Before it always self-initialized on every mission i did (editor mostly) (and yes, i checked and i did put the xeh_autolaunch on my mma folder), but it won't now, i have to manually put the game logics and even then, they failed to initialize several times.

The mando score thingy initializes everytime though : P

EDIT: It's working now for some reason :/ have no idea why it bugged out a bit when i first updated it.

Edited by Evil_Brownie