Sign in to follow this  
mandoble

Mando Missile ArmA for ArmA 2

Just in case, he checks this thread from time to time. May we use this addon with AllinArma (A2 merge addon for A3)?

Does anyone know whether the "normal" distribution (PwS version? ) on Mando Missile is EXACTLY what Mandoble left us some time back?

Getting reports from other people that torpedos and various don't work with my subs anymore.

Gnat;2383812']Does anyone know whether the "normal" distribution (PwS version? ) on Mando Missile is EXACTLY what Mandoble left us some time back?

Getting reports from other people that torpedos and various don't work with my subs anymore.

I don't know about PwS' date=' as I don't use that one Gnat. I downloaded all of my copies from OFPEC MMA. However, there are several test copies within this thread after the latest "full" release. Last "full" release was in post #2818. Last post in this thread by Mandoble with a working "test" version was post #2903

I would say these people's problems have nothing to do with your subs or MMA...;)

I'm having severe lag when using cameras/TVs. I've used MMA without problems for nearly two years and I cannot figure out what suddenly went wrong, considering I haven't changed a single setting or added/removed mods in months. Anyone know what on earth can be causing it? It's just impossible to aim anything. Affects everything from regular GBU-12s to Hellfires.

DOWNLOAD LINK IS 404 NOT FOUND.

And no I'm not using SixUpdater

How to disable MMA for only my airplane?

Don't install it.

I am wondering if this can done.

What I am looking to do is use just the Air Support Console script(s) that come with Mando Missile & Bombs. I read in the readme that you can initialize Mando via two methods (addon or script call), but that explanation suggests that all of the scripts in the mando_missiles folder be called and I am only looking for the Air Support Console.

Our group has moved away from MMA for targeting and guidance with bombs and guided munitions but we would still like to use the Air Support Console. Is this even possible or are the other Mando scripts required to run the Air Support stuff?

Thanks and hope there is help here.

Yes this is possible. If I remember correctly,(I will go through the code) you will only need a couple of folders/scripts(dialog stuff), unless you do not want the ASC dialog(can be done w/o by using mando_airsupport_nodlg.sqf)

Yes this is possible. If I remember correctly,(I will go through the code)

Panther42,

That would be great, I really appreciate it.

Thanks

Theopolus, the easiest way is to use the script version, and only execute mando_missileinit.sqf.

Like this:

[false]execVM"mando_missiles\mando_missileinit.sqf";

// Wait for Mando Missile initialization 
waitUntil {!isNil "mando_missile_init_done"};
waitUntil {mando_missile_init_done};

[color="#FF0000"]//[]execVM"mando_missiles\mando_setup_full.sqf";  //do not execute
//[]execVM"mando_missiles\mando_setup_ace.sqf";  //do not execute
//[]execVM"mando_missiles\mando_gun\mando_guninit.sqf";  //do not execute[/color]

mando_no_score = true;

[]spawn
{
  while {!alive player} do
  {
     Sleep 1;
  };

[]execVM"my_console_setup.sqf";

// If tower1 is destroyed, comms will be lost
  []spawn
  {
     while {true} do
     {
        if (!alive tower1) then
        {
           mando_airsupport_nocomms = 1;
        };
        Sleep 2;
     };
  };

};

If you find this doesn't work for you, let me know

Make sure you have the required MMA lines in your description.ext

description.ext

// Needed for Mando Missile ArmA
#include "mando_missiles\mando_missile.h"
// End of Needed for Mando Missile ArmA

class RscTitles
{	
#include "mando_missiles\mando_missiletitles.h"
};

class CfgSounds
{
  sounds[] = {};
#include "mando_missiles\mando_sounds.h"
};

Panthr42,

That works. There is no option to "Transmit MMA Target" for LA missions piloted by the AI. I assume that will stay that way because we're not usng mando for targeting and guidance.

No big deal, I will just disable LA option.

I copied the entire Mando Script Suite (about 4+ MB) to the sample mission to try it out. Do I need all the scripts or just the mando_missileinit.sqf ... are there other dependencies that script calls?

EDIT: I answered my own question - yes, there are lots of dependencies so the script suite seems to be set around 4+ MB.

Thanks again Panther42 for your help.

Edited by Theopolus
Answered my own question.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/46/s241.jpg/I searched the thread and looked in the readme before posting, so I apologize if this is an old, previously solved issue, but I have been having some issues with Air Support Console in a variety of missions on several different islands.

In short, plane and helo markers (the fun little green arrows that show up in the Air Support Console denoting direction and progress of air assets) are not being removed / deleted from that Console and the game map once the unit has does its thing and then proceeded to fly "off" the map.

The green arrows stay at the edge of the map, unmoving, but fixed there. I've flown out there and there are plane noises, and lots of marks on the map, but no vehicles as far as I can see.

Image link follows;

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/46/s241.jpg/

Any thoughts?

Sorry for the stupid question - But this only works with planes Mando himself added right? Because I have downloaded some planes, and it almost works with none of them :(

Here is my list:

F-14 Supertomcat by VectorX96

F-18 by John_Spartan & Saul

Eurofighter by RKSL

MiG-23 by citizensnip

Su-15 by citizensnip

Su-22 by Franze, updated by some guys from the Takistani mod

EDIT: Is there maybe a list for all the planes that work with Mando Missile?

Edited by Fulcrum90

Sorry for the stupid question - But this only works with planes Mando himself added right? Because I have downloaded some planes, and it almost works with none of them :(

Here is my list:

F-14 Supertomcat by VectorX96

F-18 by John_Spartan & Saul

Eurofighter by RKSL

MiG-23 by citizensnip

Su-15 by citizensnip

Su-22 by Franze, updated by some guys from the Takistani mod

EDIT: Is there maybe a list for all the planes that work with Mando Missile?

Fulcrum90, look in mando_setup_full.sqf for list of planes/helicopters supported. Most planes have their own setup in the "setups" folder.

You can add MMA to any plane/helicopter, as long as you know what you're doing, or study the already configured setups and build your own...

Some have global variables assigned for the arrays of planes. If the weapon idx of your plane matches those which are pre-configured, you just need to add:

mando_f18s = mando_f18s + ["yourplanehere"] for instance

Edited by panther42

Help,it’s seem I cant use the mando missile hud,for example,I have F-22 mod and when I piloted it,the Mando HUD didn’t appeared :(

I have Arma 2 Combinded Op patch to 1.60, I placed the files in mma folder to CBA_OA folder but it’s seem the mod didn’t work,did I do something wrong?please help me?

I dont really understand about script part of MMA readme,it's look like placing pbo file in the CBA folder is not enought right?

how can i avtivated MANDO missile script everytime i play a mission or campaig,i dont want to put the mando script in every mission manually,it take too much time,is there anyway to make it activated automatically?

Any plans on making this for Arma 3? Would be nice to see some sort of autoinstaller for all vehicles that could carry it if desired in any user made mission.

geolock click (left click to have the camera mode to follow a precise point on the map) isn't possible at more than 2km. can it be changed or fixed ?

(Mando Missile Addon for A2 in version 24b102)

----

also i got a problem :

i added mando_missiles folder into a mission (script suit usage) and added the exact init lines required in description.ext and init.sqf. (from readmefirst.pdf)

but my game is crashing each time i try to launch multiplayer server with this error message : "include file mando_missiles\mando_missiletitles.h not found"

what am I missing ?

Edited by cychou

Mando hasn't been around for ages, so this mod is pretty much dead.

The mod is not dead i still use it in my missions.

---------- Post added at 10:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 PM ----------

geolock click (left click to have the camera mode to follow a precise point on the map) isn't possible at more than 2km. can it be changed or fixed ?

(Mando Missile Addon for A2 in version 24b102)

----

also i got a problem :

i added mando_missiles folder into a mission (script suit usage) and added the exact init lines required in description.ext and init.sqf. (from readmefirst.pdf)

but my game is crashing each time i try to launch multiplayer server with this error message : "include file mando_missiles\mando_missiletitles.h not found"

what am I missing ?

Post what you did because if you just copied an pasted. Each of those commands must be place in the proper class section of the file.

hi, i would need some help to get the mando script suit working.

I followed all the instructions from the .pdf included.

when i start my misison i can only see the MMA Score. but no mando initialization message and no TV camera option.

hi, i would need some help to get the mando script suit working.

I followed all the instructions from the .pdf included.

when i start my misison i can only see the MMA Score. but no mando initialization message and no TV camera option.

Show us what you have in your init.sqf and description.ext (in spoilers with code tags please...)

What Mando initialization message are you looking for? No TV camera option?

What type of plane/helicopter are you in?

Just because he isn't around or has "moved on" doesn't mean his IP is up for grabs.

After reading this I felt compelled to ask, to you Sir. Hazach to Please explain to us how taking something that was made for the community (FREE) that no longer works and fixing it, then releasing to this same community (FREE) to which the work was intended, and then giving credit where credit is due. In this case to the original AUTHOR of the work. How can this constitute in any shape or form Intellectual Property Crime? Please cut the BS. To reasonable people this constitute as a service to the community. As a very smart man said once, but i guess by quoting him i may be committing some kind of Property Crime. :D Please be reasonable!

"Evil prospers when good men do nothing."

John Philpot Curran

Show us what you have in your init.sqf and description.ext (in spoilers with code tags please...)

What Mando initialization message are you looking for? No TV camera option?

What type of plane/helicopter are you in?

the init.sqf contain :

[false]execVM"mando_missiles\mando_missileinit.sqf";

waitUntil {!isNil "mando_missile_init_done"};

waitUntil {mando_missile_init_done};

[]execVM"mando_missiles\mando_setup_full.sqf";

[]execVM"mando_missiles\mando_setup_ace.sqf";

mando_hide_bis_hud = true;

the description.ext contain :

#include "mando_missiles\mando_missiles.h"

class CfgSounds

{

sounds[] = {};

#include "mando_missiles\mando_sounds.h"

}

class RscTitles

{

#include "mando_missiles\mando_missiletitles.h"

};

i'm trying to get the TV camera to appear in mouse menu when i am using A10, AV8B, F35...etc. the only thing i see in mouse menu is MMA score.

---------- Post added at 06:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:51 PM ----------

i have also another problem when i try to edit the mando_missile.pbo

mando_missiles\tv\tv_types\mando_tv_hellfire.sqs

if i put the mando_tv_sensor_rng_l value from 3000 to 8000. (repacking the .pbo and replacing the original one) when i launch the game i have a crash to desktop : "include mando_missiles\mando_missile_h not found"

Edited by cychou