Sign in to follow this  
mandoble

Mando Missile ArmA for ArmA 2

Hi

I got a problem with the reinforcement element of the Air support console, i have defined my own type of reinforcements which works fine as long as i use the setup and info tab in the console and select them. However if i do not use the setup and info tab a default group is deployed.(10 US Army troops)

Is there a way to alter the default reinforcments without having to access the setup and info tab ? Im trying to make a UKSF single player mission and the deployment of US paratroopers is screwing things up !

mando_airsupport_opt2_text = "Reinforcements type";
mando_airsupport_opt2_array = ["4 man SAS team", "1 Combat Engineer", "1 PJ Medic"];
mando_airsupport_opt2_action = 
{
  private["_item"];
  _item = _this select 0;
  switch (_item) do
  {

case "4 man SAS team":
     {
        mando_support_infantrytype_re = ["BAF_Soldier_GL_DDPM", "BAF_Soldier_GL_DDPM", "BAF_Soldier_GL_DDPM", "BAF_Soldier_GL_DDPM"];
     };

case "1 Combat Engineer":
     {
        mando_support_infantrytype_re = ["BAF_Soldier_EN_MTP"];
     };

case "1 PJ Medic":
     {
        mando_support_infantrytype_re = ["BAF_Soldier_Medic_MTP"];
     };
  };
};

Hope this makes sense !

Regards shark attack

shark-attack, the default soldiers for the reinforcement are defined via mando_support_infantrytype_re

change this in your my_console_setup.sqf at the top, to whatever you want as default. This way, you don't have to access the setup and info tab. Make sense?

If you don't, the default west array is:

mando_support_infantrytype_re = ["USMC_Soldier_TL", "USMC_Soldier_Medic", "USMC_Soldier_AT","USMC_Soldier","USMC_Soldier","USMC_Soldier","USMC_Soldier","USMC_Soldier","USMC_Soldier","USMC_Soldier"];

Edited by panther42

can someone post a download link to the latest version with air support console included? I only see the six updater link (i dont want to use six updater). The other link seems to be broken.

Thanks!

***EDIT - nevermind I think I've found it here:

http://www.ofpec.com/editors-depot/index.php?action=details&id=653&game=ArmA

Edited by BigShot

I've always had trouble with this console.

For instance I can only have one moderately successful bombing run, after that the jets just fly in circles just off the map. I don't know what I am supposed to do to get multiple uses out of the console, or to have it accurate.

Another issue on the rare occasions I get a second bombing run is that its not at the angle that I set. Th jets will almost always cut north as they drop the bombs so I can only have south to north bombing runs.

Unfortunate because I really like the interface.

How can i add my new pack of planes in mando?

Edited by dragonsyr

How can i add my new planes in mando?

Which part dragonsyr? To the Air Support Console, or to add MMA to your class of plane?

right now my planes not initializing mando.

only default planes have mando

edit : mma class

i m using the mma addon , not scripted

Edited by dragonsyr

Is this a new class of plane?

follow these directions, and see if we can help:

Config info

There are a couple of options which may be available... I usually just add those which do not initialize into code in the init.sqf, so it should work for the addon. I only use the script suite

Edited by panther42

Sure Nightrain, can you write down here the following info:

- Parent class of the Su25K

- List of weapons

To get all these you can execute the following from the init.sqf of a mission where your vehicle is one of these Su25:

diag_log format["%1 [""%2"",%3,%4],", typeOf vehicle player, getText (configFile>>"cfgVehicles">>typeOf vehicle player >>"displayName"), magazines vehicle player, weapons vehicle player];
diag_log format["[%1],", configName (inheritsFrom(configFile>>"cfgVehicles">> (typeOf vehicle player)))];

The output will be written in your A2/OA rpt file, just copy and paste it here or in a PM.

i want to find those values for new planes . i put these lines in my mission init.

how this works?

can i put all planes / vehicles at once in my mission, or one at the time?

also where can i find the output rpt file?

It is coded for you to be in the plane/vehicle from the mission start. So, place down your "new" plane/helicopter/etc(not empty) and select it as player.

I use this for real-time report monitoring:

Log Expert

Your report can be found in:

X86: documents and settings>UserName>Local Settings>Application Data>ArmA 2 OA>arma2OA.RPT (if I remember correctly) edit, found the path on saved X86 drive

X64: users>UserName>AppData>Local>ArmA 2 OA>arma2OA.RPT

You may have to allow hidden folders to see the AppData folder(X64), or Local Settings(X86) in your Windows folder options

Remember, MMA is only for A2 or A2 + OA (Combined Ops). If you only have A2, then use the ArmA 2 folder above, and the arma2.rpt

Edited by panther42

ok thanks one more time :-))

here the classes

"GR2_AH64D_EP1 ["Greek AH64D",["1200Rnd_30x113mm_M789_HEDP","38Rnd_FFAR","8Rnd_Hellfire"],["M230","FFARLauncher","HellfireLauncher"]],"
"[AH64_base_EP1],"

"GR1_CH_47F_EP1 ["Greek Army CH47F",["100Rnd_762x51_M240","100Rnd_762x51_M240","100Rnd_762x51_M240","100Rnd_762x51_M240","100Rnd_762x51_M240"],["M240_veh"]],"
"[GR1_CH47_base_EP1],"

"GR1_UH1H ["Greek UH1H",["100Rnd_762x51_M240","100Rnd_762x51_M240","100Rnd_762x51_M240"],["ACE_M240_veh_out2"]],"
"[uH1H_base],"

"A7 ["HAF A-7H Corsair II (Multi)",["1350Rnd_30mmAP_A10","2Rnd_Maverick_A10","HAFM_6Rnd_MK82","HAFM_1Rnd_Fuel","2Rnd_Sidewinder_AH1Z","120Rnd_CMFlare_Chaff_Magazine"],["GAU8","MaverickLauncher","HAFM_MK82BombLauncher","HAFM_A7H_Fuelauncher","SidewinderLaucher_AH1Z","CMFlareLauncher"]],"
"[Plane],"

"A7_TK ["HAF A-7H Corsair II (AGM-65)",["1350Rnd_30mmAP_A10","2Rnd_Maverick_A10","2Rnd_Maverick_A10","2Rnd_Maverick_A10","2Rnd_Sidewinder_AH1Z","120Rnd_CMFlare_Chaff_Magazine"],["GAU8","MaverickLauncher","SidewinderLaucher_AH1Z","CMFlareLauncher"]],"
"[A7],"

"A7_TIGER ["HAF A-7H Corsair II Tiger",["1350Rnd_30mmAP_A10","2Rnd_Maverick_A10","HAFM_6Rnd_MK82","HAFM_1Rnd_FuelTiger","2Rnd_Sidewinder_AH1Z","120Rnd_CMFlare_Chaff_Magazine"],["GAU8","MaverickLauncher","HAFM_MK82BombLauncher","HAFM_A7H_Fuelauncher","SidewinderLaucher_AH1Z","CMFlareLauncher"]],"
"[A7],"

"F16C_CAP_AIM120 ["HAF F-16C CAP",["1350Rnd_30mmAP_A10","2Rnd_Sidewinder_AH1Z","HAFM_6Rnd_AIM120","120Rnd_CMFlare_Chaff_Magazine"],["GAU8","SidewinderLaucher_AH1Z","HAFM_AIM120_Launcher","CMFlareLauncher"]],"
"[F16C],"

"F16C_CAS_AGM ["HAF F-16C CAS (AGM65)",["1350Rnd_30mmAP_A10","2Rnd_Sidewinder_AH1Z","2Rnd_Maverick_A10","2Rnd_Maverick_A10","2Rnd_Maverick_A10","120Rnd_CMFlare_Chaff_Magazine"],["GAU8","SidewinderLaucher_AH1Z","MaverickLauncher","CMFlareLauncher"]],"
"[F16C],"

"F16C_CAS_GBU ["HAF F-16C CAS (GBU12)",["1350Rnd_30mmAP_A10","2Rnd_Sidewinder_AH1Z","6Rnd_GBU12_AV8B","120Rnd_CMFlare_Chaff_Magazine"],["GAU8","SidewinderLaucher_AH1Z","BombLauncher","CMFlareLauncher"]],"
"[F16C],"

"F16C_MIXED ["HAF F-16C CAS (Mixed)",["1350Rnd_30mmAP_A10","2Rnd_Sidewinder_AH1Z","2Rnd_Maverick_A10","4Rnd_GBU12","120Rnd_CMFlare_Chaff_Magazine"],["GAU8","SidewinderLaucher_AH1Z","MaverickLauncher","BombLauncherA10","CMFlareLauncher"]],"
"[F16C],"

"F4E ["HAF F-4E Phantom II (Aegean Ghost)",["F4uns_1Rnd_FuelNavy","Uns_AIM9_mag","Uns_AIM7_mag"],["uns_F4Fuelauncher","uns_AIM9Launcher","uns_AIM7Launcher"]],"
"[Plane],"

"F4E_BMB ["HAF F-4E Phantom II (Bombing)",["F4uns_1Rnd_Fuel","Uns_AIM9_mag","F4uns_6Rnd_MK82Snake","HAFM_4Rnd_MK82"],["uns_F4Fuelauncher","uns_AIM9Launcher","uns_MK82SnakeLauncher","HAFM_MK82BombLauncher"]],"
"[F4E],"

"F4E_MULTI ["HAF F-4E Phantom II (MultiRole)",["F4uns_1Rnd_Fuel","Uns_2xAIM9_mag","HAFM_2Rnd_AIM120","F4uns_6Rnd_MK82Snake","2Rnd_Maverick_A10","2Rnd_Maverick_A10"],["uns_F4Fuelauncher","uns_AIM9Launcher","HAFM_AIM120_Launcher","uns_MK82SnakeLauncher","MaverickLauncher"]],"
"[F4E],"

"F16C ["HAF F16C (Multi)",["1350Rnd_30mmAP_A10","2Rnd_Sidewinder_AH1Z","HAFM_2Rnd_AIM120","2Rnd_Maverick_A10","2Rnd_Maverick_A10","120Rnd_CMFlare_Chaff_Magazine"],["GAU8","SidewinderLaucher_AH1Z","HAFM_AIM120_Launcher","MaverickLauncher","CMFlareLauncher"]],"
"[Plane],"

"M2000C_CAP ["HAF Mirage 2000-C CAP",["1350Rnd_30mmAP_A10","HAFM_2Rnd_MAGIC2","HAFM_2Rnd_MICA_EM","HAFM_1Rnd_M2000C_Fuel","120Rnd_CMFlare_Chaff_Magazine"],["GAU8","HAFM_Magic2_Launcher","HAFM_MicaEM_Launcher","HAFM_M2000C_Fuelauncher","CMFlareLauncher"]],"
"[M2000C],"

"M2000C ["HAF Mirage 2000-C CAS (AGM65)",["1350Rnd_30mmAP_A10","HAFM_2Rnd_MAGIC2","2Rnd_Maverick_A10","HAFM_1Rnd_M2000C_Fuel","120Rnd_CMFlare_Chaff_Magazine"],["GAU8","HAFM_Magic2_Launcher","MaverickLauncher","HAFM_M2000C_Fuelauncher","CMFlareLauncher"]],"
"[Plane],"

"M2000C_CAS_GBU ["HAF Mirage 2000-C CAS (GBU12)",["1350Rnd_30mmAP_A10","HAFM_2Rnd_MAGIC2","HAFM_2Rnd_GBU12","HAFM_1Rnd_M2000C_Fuel","120Rnd_CMFlare_Chaff_Magazine"],["GAU8","HAFM_Magic2_Launcher","HAFM_GBU12_Launcher","HAFM_M2000C_Fuelauncher","CMFlareLauncher"]],"
"[M2000C],"

"Leonidas2 ["Greek APC Leonidas 2",["100Rnd_127x99_M2","100Rnd_127x99_M2","100Rnd_127x99_M2","100Rnd_127x99_M2","100Rnd_127x99_M2","4XHAFM_Smoke","4XHAFM_Smoke"],["M2"]],"
"[Tank],"

"flyer_itv ["Greek FLYER ITV-1",["48Rnd_40mm_MK19","48Rnd_40mm_MK19","48Rnd_40mm_MK19","48Rnd_40mm_MK19"],["MK19"]],"
"[HMMWV_M998A2_SOV_DES_EP1],"

"gr_vbl ["Greek VBL",["100Rnd_127x99_M2","100Rnd_127x99_M2","100Rnd_127x99_M2","100Rnd_127x99_M2","4XHAFM_Smoke","4XHAFM_Smoke"],["M2"]],"
"[Car],"

"Leo2A4 ["Leopard 2A4",["30Rnd_120mmHEAT","20Rnd_120mmAPDS","5000XMG3_762","4XHAFM_Smoke","4XHAFM_Smoke","4XHAFM_Smoke","4XHAFM_Smoke"],["L44","MG3_coax"]],"
"[Tank],"

"LEO2A6HEL ["Leopard 2A6 HEL",["20Rnd_120mmAPDS","30Rnd_120mmHEAT","5000XMG3_762","4XHAFM_Smoke","4XHAFM_Smoke","4XHAFM_Smoke","4XHAFM_Smoke"],["L55","MG3_coax"]],"
"[Tank],"

Ok, dragonsyr, let's take a shot at a couple to start. Been busy lately, so sorry for the delay.

First one, GR2_AH64D_EP1, try adding this to your init.sqf:

[]spawn
{
  while {!alive player} do
  {
     Sleep 1;
  };

{
     mando_ah64s = mando_ah64s + ["GR2_AH64D_EP1"];
  };
};

Next one, GR1_CH_47F_EP1, do you want lifting HUD? Flares? Flares and lifting HUD?

Same for GR1_UH1H. do you want lifting HUD? Flares? Flares and lifting HUD?

Remember, some of those you have listed(vehicles) will not be initialized, as they do not have missiles/systems supported by MMA... flyer_itv which has MK19 and gr_vbl which has M2 to name a couple

Edited by panther42

Ok, dragonsyr, let's take a shot at a couple to start. Been busy lately, so sorry for the delay.

First one, GR2_AH64D_EP1, try adding this to your init.sqf:

[]spawn
{
  while {!alive player} do
  {
     Sleep 1;
  };

{
     mando_ah64s = mando_ah64s + ["GR2_AH64D_EP1"];
  };
};

Next one, GR1_CH_47F_EP1, do you want lifting HUD? Flares? Flares and lifting HUD?

Same for GR1_UH1H. do you want lifting HUD? Flares? Flares and lifting HUD?

Remember, some of those you have listed(vehicles) will not be initialized, as they do not have missiles/systems supported by MMA... flyer_itv which has MK19 and gr_vbl which has M2 to name a couple

i need lifting only on ch47 helis and flares for all.

i need mando setup for planes (for air to air missiles and lgb and gbu/cbu bombs, rearming, flares )

i dont worry about vehicles if not supported.

thanks

Will there be a new Version (last one) for Arma2 or something for Arma3?

Will there be a new Version (last one) for Arma2 or something for Arma3?

Mandoble hasn't been heard from in a very long time, so probably not.

Mandoble hasn't been heard from in a very long time, so probably not.

I am pretty confident that Mando has moved on to his own stuff and will not likely be picking up any new projects with the arrival of ArmA III;

http://mandoblestudios.com/

That leaves the question as to whether or not anyone else feels up to the challenge of porting his excellent work over to new addons or to ArmA III.

That job would likely entail finally scrapping all the sqs files for sqf, since a major source of issues with his solution is the fact that there's a lot of stuff using the very inefficient sqs format.

Sorry if I'm getting this wrong, but has anyone tried just straight-up to use the Arma 2 version of the mod to Arma 3 and see what errors pop up?

I am pretty confident that Mando has moved on to his own stuff and will not likely be picking up any new projects with the arrival of ArmA III;

http://mandoblestudios.com/

That leaves the question as to whether or not anyone else feels up to the challenge of he will allow the porting of his excellent work over to new addons or to ArmA III.

Just because he isn't around or has "moved on" doesn't mean his IP is up for grabs.

Although, there's nothing to stop individuals from just using the existing released addon without changes (that is, no more interaction with it than an Arma 2 "end user" would have) just to see what happens...

Although, there's nothing to stop individuals from just using the existing released addon without changes (that is, no more interaction with it than an Arma 2 "end user" would have) just to see what happens...

Oh, absolutely.

That wouldn't work. ArmA3 has almost completely different class names, so nothing would fire.

Thanks for confirming as much, and I imagine that replacing the class names would count as modifying/porting said work even were these modified files not distributed.