Sign in to follow this  
mandoble

Mando Missile ArmA for ArmA 2

sidwinders i cant for the life of me use em in helicopters and in jets ive seen vids but i cant work out how to lock on and shoot with em when i tyr to setlect it using f it just skips past the missle ??????????????? can anyone help plz

Make sure you've read the readme. The problem you are having is addressed in the HUD Systems section; basically, you're using the wrong key to select the missile.

In MMA the default key for Countermeasures is Left SHIFT. Is there any reason why I can't remap that to my normal Countermeasures key (currently Alt+R)? Does the default Countermeasures do something different to MMA's Countermeasures, so that if I have them both bound to the same key pressing it will do two different things (which obviously wouldn't be desirable)?

In MMA the default key for Countermeasures is Left SHIFT. Is there any reason why I can't remap that to my normal Countermeasures key (currently Alt+R)? Does the default Countermeasures do something different to MMA's Countermeasures, so that if I have them both bound to the same key pressing it will do two different things (which obviously wouldn't be desirable)?

Nope, you can remap that key to the same one as the BIS CM systems. Just follow what it says in the readme.

Actually it seems I can't remap the MMA Countermeasures to Alt+R as it says "Be aware that desired key must be a single key, not a combination or joy/mouse buttons." I guess I'll have to try and find a spare key I can map both Countermeasures to. I can't recall exactly why I changed it from the default R (even though that's used for reload that doesn't do anything in a helo/plane anyway) but I know there was a good reason (I think some other mod was using the reload key to do something else that was really inconvenient when flying and the key couldn't be changed for that mod). I see MMA uses R for ECM anyway, so it wouldn't be good to have Countermeasures mapped to that as well anyway.

Maybe I can just change the BIS Countermeasures key to Left Shift to match MMA, as I think the only other thing I use that for is walk/run and that's obviously not relevant when flying.

Im not sure if this is the right place to ask this but: how the hell do you avoid aa missiles when in a jet? Ive been doing some practice flying using various jets (su27,30,33,34)(f14,15,18,22) and the Viggen but yet anytime the ai gets a lock on me Im pretty much dead, flares dont do anything at all, I keep dumping them but they dont help. The only time I evade a missile is when its dodged, with or without flares.

Are the flares working properly?

Im not sure if this is the right place to ask this but: how the hell do you avoid aa missiles when in a jet? Ive been doing some practice flying using various jets (su27,30,33,34)(f14,15,18,22) and the Viggen but yet anytime the ai gets a lock on me Im pretty much dead, flares dont do anything at all, I keep dumping them but they dont help. The only time I evade a missile is when its dodged, with or without flares.

Are the flares working properly?

This exactly the moment in which mandoble disappeared :(,he made a fix and left but it was not working !

Try to avoid AA by maneuvring (keep AA to your 9 or 3 oclock),but for heavy AA it may not work easily !

This exactly the moment in which mandoble disappeared :(,he made a fix and left but it was not working !

Try to avoid AA by maneuvring (keep AA to your 9 or 3 oclock),but for heavy AA it may not work easily !

shoot :( that explains why a fight doesnt last for me :(

everytime a su27 saw me, it only had to fire one missile from 5 km away and I would be dead :(

hope a fix comes soon.

Does the Mando bomb script work because i when I trigger it nothing happens?

Hi there, I'm hoping someone here can help me out with an annoying issue I am having:

I have placed several SCUD launchers into my Domination MP mission, using the appropriate init commands I have made them one of each kind of nuke launcher.

The targeting dialog works correctly, the missile launches correctly, flies correctly, hits the target correctly, there is the appropriate nuclear explosion effect HOWEVER:

There is little, if any, destruction whatsoever. Also I have incorporated the Fallout dialog into my mission, and no matter what nuke type I use, there is NEVER EVER any damage to buildings or trees, and there is NEVER EVER any radiation detected. :confused:

I used the example SP mission in the editor using the actual @MMA addon, and I saw that the nuke flattened the shit out of the entire town I launched it at, including buildings and trees. This is not happening in my MP mission! Why? The mushroom cloud is there, but the destruction and radiation is not!

EDIT: I WILL BE SPECIFIC to state that I have placed ONE (1) of EACH TYPE of nuclear SCUD launcher AND 1 conventional SCUD as well. I don't suppose the problem could be caused by a Giga AND an E.Echo SCUD launcher being in the mission at the same time?

Anyone able to give any advice or help here would be appreciated on a truly astronomical level.

Thank you.

Dan

Edited by Tuffo3

Hey there!

Is it just me or is the Gigan Nuclear detonation not working, if you shoot the SCUD with the radio-thingy? The rocket flies to the destination, but it only displays a normal explosion, no atomic detonation at all...

Is there a way to fix it?

Is there anyway to change the init file so you can use the uav in other situations then in a lav25-hq? Or that you always have to be the commander?

I thought about different vehicles (bradley, m1a2) or actually infantry with a special loadout (uav backpack).

The Mando Readme refers to modifying the init file for your mission to enable / add Mando systems. That being said, I'm having trouble figuring out how to do this. As well, I remember reading once that one can add code to the initialization field of a unit that doesn't normally make use of / have the mando system stuff and thereby give it mando systems - ie. LGB Camera, Maverick Camera, Mando HUD Modes.

What I'm specifically trying to do is add that functionality to several air units that don't have the mando stuff - ie. RKSL Westland Lynx TOW, Harrier GR9, etc.

Any help anyone can offer would be appreciated.

I really love this mod, but I also use ACE, and the two are becoming increasingly incompatible; the most damaging thing has been the breaking of the laser designator system. It worked fine a few months ago when I was playing in ARMA 2, but now the ACE designation system seems completely incompatible with the MMA one.

I would really hate to stop using MMA as the navigation system alone works wonders for pilots. Does anyone know of a way to disable the laser-related part of MMA? Thanks.

Does anyone know how I can disable Mando Missiles for a individual vehicle? Looked on the MMA FAQ and the thread itself but can't seem to find it, need to disable the ac-130 function. Any help would be much appreciated!

@TomClothier

Questions about specific addons belong in the thread dedicated for that specific addon, a quick search will always reveal wether such thread exists. For Mando Missile the same applies.

I moved your post into the correct thread.

§7) Search before posting

If you have a question, please use the forum search function before posting to make sure that it hasn't been answered before. There is a big chance it has, not only does searching help to keep the forum free of multiple threads it will also help you to get an answer much quicker.

§8) Post in the right forum & right thread

Please ensure you make new threads in the correct forum, if you're unsure of which forum to post in feel free to ask a moderator. If a thread exists for the topic you wish to post about you must use it, for example all ACE questions belong in the ACE thread. All addon/mod questions belong in the thread for that addon/mod. In the case of DayZ discussions they should be posted on the DayZ forums, this includes problems with the Modification. The troubleshooting forum is not for problems with Addons and Mods!

Hello people!

I wanted to know if there is a way to make MMA work with the vanilla flares. I realy love this addon, but the fact that it gives each and every plane flares is somewhat unrealistic. I mean with MMA the AN-2 or the UH1 come with flares by default and actually I like the vanilla ones more. Oh and, are there any updates for this addon? haven't heard of anything recently. I mean there were quite a few addons released that could be added to the loadouts right?

anyhow, many thanks for this awesome piece of code :)

Hi all.

I have read the Mando Online manual throughoutly, however i haven't yet managed to find a list or something which shows all avaliable missile scripts & their respective use.

What i am looking for are ship-launched torpedoes which can be shot by the gunner-position on the boat, via the MCC (radar) launcher. I know the offset to start them, the target type SHIP on SideEast, but i cannot find any normal torpedoes whit a fast moving small torpedo boat would usually launch, only the special ones such as the rocket-propelled airborne torpedo which deploys a paracute. Can anyone help me out?

Where can I get a scripted version of this instead of an "addon" (pbo) version? I noticed in a public, vanilla co BE warfare server, mando missiles were enabled. The apache had the whole face mask hud, the "Lock on" targeting system was different aswell (tv camera) etc.

Yes, thank you very much panther!

Now for something else, which i do not quite now if it even works scriptside.

I am using Philip Taylors and Konyos M319 and M320 - Mod and would like to give these planes mando-compatibility. The Planes currently do not launch MMA and i have to use the 'classical' lock-on system for their rockets. Now i'm wondering if the following is archiveable:

a) Give the Plane the MMA-HUD for Torpedoes, Sonobuoys and the NAV-HUD, basically the same loadout than the Knighthawk Helicopter, but with far more ammo (e.g. around 30 Buoys, 10 Torpedoes), which can be launched via HUD, NOT! the action menu. So Bacially i would have a ASW-Capable Plane.

b) the Ability to use a ECM Jammer via HUD, and giving the Plane HUD-Deployable (Not arma vanilla) Flares (about 30 or so, similar to the C130, it doesn't need to many of them due to its speed and ECM Capability).

Is Anything of this Possible without editing the addon itself, but sciptwise? Because the author doesn't seem to be too active so asing for a mma-compatible version might not be easy.

I m using Mando+ACE and i m having problems "locking" with Javelin.

Javelin "locks" only as long i m holding ACE self interaction menu key..and loosing "lock" when i release the key.

So..i m sure everything's ok with Mando (and ACE probably) but i need an extra opinion on how i can bypass this annoyance...

The previous post and many others before lead me to believe (with great regret) that this mod is slowly dying.

Given that Mando hasn't updated it in almost 2 years (where are you? we love your work!), is it still relevant?

In particular for a non-ACE player in a MP environment?

If not, are there any alternatives? e.g. GDT mods? GLT mods?