Sign in to follow this  
mandoble

Mando Missile ArmA for ArmA 2

I just ran across this, and it may be a problem for those of you using Meatball's F18...

In the MMA setup for the F18, mando_f18s = ["fz_f18f_aws"]

I know Meatball has changed the names to the following:

Aircraft:

MARINES

-------

vmfa_aw533_01

vmfa_aw533_02

vmfa_aw533_03

vmfa_aw533_04

vmfa_aw533_05

NAVY

----

vfa_14_200

vfa_14_202

RAAF

----

no_1sqn_204

no_1sqn_206

no_1sqn_208

no_1sqn_210

no_1sqn_212

You will probably need change/add these to the array if you are using the script version, or add to your init.

I haven't flown the F18 in a while. Maybe this is not an issue?

I have a problem with this mod

I can't select AirGround Missile like maverik in any air vehicle I fly.

When i press "f" to cycle weapons, when I get the airground missiles suddenly it goes to next weapon (for example: an lgb) withouth I do anything.

Any Ideas?

I have a problem with this mod

I can't select AirGround Missile like maverik in any air vehicle I fly.

When i press "f" to cycle weapons, when I get the airground missiles suddenly it goes to next weapon (for example: an lgb) withouth I do anything.

Any Ideas?

You press Left CTRL to cycle through weapons like Mavericks and Sidewinders, F only controls unguided weapons like cannons, rockets and bombs.

More specifically, Left CTRL is the default Mando key for switching between different Mando-guided weapons. "F" is the default key for switching between regular weapons (i.e. unguided ones).

i have a strange issue. In implemented mando into my mission. so i started it on the server, all seemed to work fine, i tried locking a vehilce in our base, worked fine, rocket destroyed target, but then after starting a dynamic mission, where upsmon and other dynamic scripts and vehicles are being generated, i can also lock the targets, but i can't destroy them. it looks like only the crew dies, but the vehicle isn't exploding..Any clue what i have to add to the init ??

Edit: So i figured out, i can lock and destroy light vehicles, like a ZU-Truck, but i cannot destroy a patrolling bmp2..shot 3 missiles, all hit, not exploding. i shot it with the hydra rockets, and it explodes. Seems like something that i can#t solve on my own..

Edited by Fruity_Rudy

hm, seems like this thread is pretty dead? So if anybody reads again, my prob is, i can lock and destroy buildings or vehicles in base that are existant since start of mission. As soon as someting dynamic respawns, mando seems to be broken, i can lock tanks, missile goes into target, no damage on tank. Could it be the beta patch i'm using??

Sorry for this question, But a search of the thread has revealed nothing and I don't have the time to read 300 pages,

Is it possible to get the AH-64 Gun to follow the monocle?

no it's not, one of my biggest dreams while being pilot with headtracker..but maybe somebody can tell us it is possible?? :) yey

Is it just me or do the missiles often explode right on the target only for the target to survive?
i got the same issue. But only with vehicles, that are being dynamically created with upsmon or other scripts. I can destroy vehicles in my base or also lock buildings on takistan and they can be destroyed. Otherwise it's the effect that you're describing, like the missile explodes on top of tank but nothing happens..

Sorry for this question, But a search of the thread has revealed nothing and I don't have the time to read 300 pages,

Is it possible to get the AH-64 Gun to follow the monocle?

The pilot's monocle? Nope, not possible as part of how the game itself works. For the copilot? The only way is to set your TrackIR to mouse movement. :(

I love this addon but I've got a couple of problems with it that hopefully can be fixed.

1) The right mouse button fires and the left mouse button locks, which is the opposite way round to normal. I'm trying to setup an Xbox360 controller so that my friend can play gunner, with the left trigger set to RMB/lock/Optics and the right trigger set to LMB/Fire, which works fine, except for with MMA when it's reversed and it's too confusing having these controls swapping round depending on what view you're in.

2) The right stick is mapped to the mouse, which can be used to move the camera but it's too hard to control as it continues to move by itself so I'm constantly fighting it trying to get it to stop. Could it be made so that the camera only moves whilst the mouse is being moved?

When I was flying the apache earlier, the hud didn't seem to pick up most vehicles; therefore I couldn't lock on to them. As far as I know, the only vehicles that it would pick up on the hud were aa vehicles. I didn't used to have this problem, either.

I think that it may be glitching and not identifying some vehicles as enemies,,,,

---------- Post added at 08:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:45 PM ----------

lol nvm, this isn't a glitch with mando. i took mando off and it's still having the same problem....

Edited by Alkar Cammer

Hello,

please Can you fix the compatibilty with the ACE EASA module ?

a fix that would permanently keep the LGB/maverick/sidewinder...etc cameras/hud options available, whatever the weapon loadout selected.

The maximum lock-on range should be increased. currently if you are at more than 2500-3000m from the target the lock-on/stabilization doesn't activate, forcing you to get closer to the target, taking the risk to be hit by enemies.

Aircraft are supposed to be able to designate/lock targets much farther, Targeting pod like Sniper-XR can lock-on targets from up to 15km altitude (50,000ft).

Edited by cychou

Select the other B52, its empty of weapons, then add one for the scripted Nuke bombs (search) to it

For some reason i have framerate drops when missiles are fired from other jets and whatnot, which i think is the core of my fps problems in very large air battles. Even when one missile is fired, the fps drops somewhat. I have an nvidia gtx 580, an i7 960 processor, and 12 GB total of ram. Is it just mando or what?

Also, i'm wondering whether flares actually are working. It's probably me, but just want to make sure.

For some reason i have framerate drops when missiles are fired from other jets and whatnot, which i think is the core of my fps problems in very large air battles. Even when one missile is fired, the fps drops somewhat. I have an nvidia gtx 580, an i7 960 processor, and 12 GB total of ram. Is it just mando or what?

Also, i'm wondering whether flares actually are working. It's probably me, but just want to make sure.

As regards to lag when missiles fired, i get that sometimes aswell. As for the flares, as you'd expect they only work you "aim them" at the incoming missile, i.e. putting the flares between you and the missile. Plus, and again staying true to real-life, they only work on heat-seeking missiles. I have suggested here for functional chaff , so you actually can dodge Radar-guided missiles once they're actually fired, and not just praying that the jammer will save you, but so far no response.

EDIT: Just tested this a bit more, evading them seems to be hit and miss, even using accurate manouvers and countermeasures, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't :S

Edited by Evil_Brownie

As regards to lag when missiles fired, i get that sometimes aswell. As for the flares, as you'd expect they only work you "aim them" at the incoming missile, i.e. putting the flares between you and the missile. Plus, and again staying true to real-life, they only work on heat-seeking missiles. I have suggested here for functional chaff , so you actually can dodge Radar-guided missiles once they're actually fired, and not just praying that the jammer will save you, but so far no response.

EDIT: Just tested this a bit more, evading them seems to be hit and miss, even using accurate manouvers and countermeasures, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't :S

So my system specs are fine then, correct?

I can't seem to get this mod to download. Links on Opfec do not work. Anyone know where I can get it? Thanks

I can't seem to get this mod to download. Links on Opfec do not work. Anyone know where I can get it? Thanks

Sexy-updater i guess.

Excellent...thanks for the link Sickboy

I may have to travel to Madrid and find him. I hope he is ok. :)

Hello!

I have a problem with the night camera in the aircrafts. After installing Arma 2 Combined Ops camera no longer works at night vision like in Arma 2 standalone. Now working in thermovision mode. How enable standard night vision on aircrafts camera?

I have:

mma: 2.4b102

ACE: 1.13

A2 Op. Arrowhead (Combined Ops) 1.60.0.87580

Regars..