Sign in to follow this  
mandoble

Mando Missile ArmA for ArmA 2

Dual HUD? No it's like jumping up and down the faster you go, so it's really hard to lock onto another aircraft. And for the classname it's: sfp_hkp4.

Ive had the SAME problem with Gnats B-52. The HUD is jumping up and down and when i open the action menu, there is dual HUD actions, dual MMA Key Config actions, and Dual HUD Colors actions. Plus, i have MMA for ArmA 2 and i cant use it in editor. Plus i also have Mando Bombs and Mando Air Support Console. How do i use both of them in editor?:confused:

Carmine39

Please, try with this test version to ensure dual HUDs, duplication of actions or HUD jumping for some planes is gone.

Carmine39, what do you mean to use MMA from the editor? To include the MMA gamelogics on the map?

Some issues when integrating with ACE. After 15 - 20 minutes it begins to lag and I eventually get script errors which breaks everything. Repo should be ACE enabled using an A10 with MMA LGB camera.

_sensor_x = (mando_hud_modes select mando_hud_mode) select 8;
_sensor>
 Error position: <select mando_hud_mode) select 8;
_sensor>
 Error Zero divisor
File C:\Users\Steven\Documents\ArmA 2 Other Profiles\Spyder\mpmissions\trn010_anarPass_fist.Takistan\mando_missiles\units\mando_missile_hud.sqf, line 209
Error in expression <le "mandotarget_disp") displayCtrl 101) ctrlSetPosition [0.5 + (_sccenter select>
 Error position: <ctrlSetPosition [0.5 + (_sccenter select>
 Error Type Any, expected Number
File C:\Users\Steven\Documents\ArmA 2 Other Profiles\Spyder\mpmissions\trn010_anarPass_fist.Takistan\mando_missiles\units\mando_missile_hud.sqf, line 1278
Error in expression <le "mandotarget_disp") displayCtrl 101) ctrlSetPosition [0.5 + (_sccenter select>
 Error position: <ctrlSetPosition [0.5 + (_sccenter select>
 Error Type Any, expected Number
File C:\Users\Steven\Documents\ArmA 2 Other Profiles\Spyder\mpmissions\trn010_anarPass_fist.Takistan\mando_missiles\units\mando_missile_hud.sqf, line 1278
Error in expression < = 9;
};

The "jumping" HUD has dissapeared but the HUD is flickering on the JAS 39 Gripen and there is still a duplicated "Enable HUD" actions (and the 2 others).

Please, try with this test version to ensure dual HUDs, duplication of actions or HUD jumping for some planes is gone.

Carmine39, what do you mean to use MMA from the editor? To include the MMA gamelogics on the map?

I mean having the support avalible in editor. Like calling in a Carpet Bomb or something in editor. And yes. But i dont not only wanna use MMA on editor. I want to use Mando Air Support and Mando Bombs. Please help and teach me how to use these in editor or have the game logic in the editor.

Found an exploit with tunguska (at least) if you switch to missiles quickly you can shoot like if the addon is not there.

Right click on the target then switch to missiles and shoot instantly.

Found an exploit with tunguska (at least) if you switch to missiles quickly you can shoot like if the addon is not there.

Right click on the target then switch to missiles and shoot instantly.

Don't think that's fixable to be honest. It might be an engine restriction.

@Mandoble My post's buried. What do you think you'd like to do for Take On? I really need to know so I know what stick to get.

@Mandoble My post's buried. What do you think you'd like to do for Take On? I really need to know so I know what stick to get.

I'm pretty sure he replied saying that he wouldn't be doing it. Mando Missile mod is a little outside of the scope of TKoH. No Missiles, no countermeasures needed, no targeting systems needed, no bombing systems needed, etc

Testing the W80.sqf on a dedicated server still causes a CTD. You cannot rejoin the mission unless restarting on the server also.

Is there a workaround for this? Currently looking at running the script on all clients (and not dedicated server) but when the nuke goes off, players don't die.

Thoughts?

May I ask a question: when MMA is loaded, how to use TOW missiles on AH-1W provieded by ACE mod? I've tried both gunner and pilot, but couldn't guide the TOWs neither manually nor locked on target using Helmet-Mounted Displays. Currently for me it's just like a unguide rocket...

---------- Post added at 02:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:57 PM ----------

One more request: Since Mando missile addon include systems for some stealth aircrafts(like F-22, RAH-66), could it be possible to apply stealth capacity on these aircrafts by default, just like F-35B?

For some reason LGB cam is missing from AV8B (with LGB). It was there in previous version.

It still works for A-10 though.

Any way I can fix this myself?

EDIT: Update on problem:

Rearming harrier with Mavericks allows MMA missile cam, but still no for LGB (after rearming back). My guess is that MMA treats LGB equipped Harrier same as the one with freefall bombs.

EDIT 2: I did some searching and there is something wrong with "BombLauncher" (aka AV8B LGB's) only this one dosent work in new version.

Edited by Taro8

There is one thing this mod needs ... (planes)

Gun targetting and impact point ... you know that little crosshair that appears when using gun.

Edited by On_Sabbatical

There is one thing this mod needs ... (planes)

Gun targetting and impact point ... you know that little crosshair that appears when using gun.

Agreed, an LCOS would be awesome in the game. It would also make using ground AA much more effective, particularily those that are supposed to have computer assistence, like the ZSU-23-4 and the 2S6 Tunguska (ZU-23 should still have to eyeball it). I don't know if it's something that can really be done very well through scripting, though.

IIRC, fighters at least have the gun funnel. I don't know how accurate it is, though, as I've never really engaged in an aerial dogfight in the game.

Edited by Xeno426
expanded my thought

I'm pretty sure he replied saying that he wouldn't be doing it. Mando Missile mod is a little outside of the scope of TKoH. No Missiles, no countermeasures needed, no targeting systems needed, no bombing systems needed, etc

There's a FLIR based Little Bird that I'm sure needs improvement.

There's a FLIR based Little Bird that I'm sure needs improvement.

FLIR is handled by the game engine, not the missile mod.

Mandoble, thanks for your info on "mando_tv_sensor_rects = false". Now I set it to false and there is no squre marker in tv guide mode, but once locked there is still a diamond marker in the center of the cross. How to remove the diamond marker either ? For other modes, the squre and diamond markers are good. I played lockon ka50, dcs a-10c, in tv guide mode, once lock on a target there is no any marker in the center of the cross. For games like those, are the visual aiming system real??? Thanks.

DCS is as real as it gets. What you see and do in the sim is what you see and do in the real thing.

DCS is as real as it gets. What you see and do in the sim is what you see and do in the real thing.

Yeah but it is a REAL yawn clicking all the switches and no REAL action! Just my personal opinion :sorry:

Testing the W80.sqf on a dedicated server still causes a CTD. You cannot rejoin the mission unless restarting on the server also.

Is there a workaround for this? Currently looking at running the script on all clients (and not dedicated server) but when the nuke goes off, players don't die.

Thoughts?

Best report crashes ASAP to the CIT so they can be dealth with for v1.60 patch; http://dev-heaven.net/projects/cis/wiki/CIT#How-to-report-a-crash

No script should cause CTD.

It says that this mod does have compatability with the Mi-28 Havoc mod. However, for me it only works with the Bn version and not the Ataka-V version, which the camera for the Bn version says that it's the Ataka-V camera, which doesn't work since it's apparently on the wrong chopper. Can anyone help me?

Also, even if I'm not using the camera, I'm not able to lock onto tanks normally either because it only has the navigation option.

Hi quick question here. When using the support console my planes will not attack if certain vehicle are present such as AA or BMP's. Is there a command i can put into the suite version to keep these planes from retreating and continue with the bombing run? Thanks!

FLIR is handled by the game engine, not the missile mod.

No, I mean the actual handling of the computer. Navigating the menus and setting up how you want your FLIR to look, AircraftHUD style. And I'm sure the HUD has something to fix.

No, I mean the actual handling of the computer. Navigating the menus and setting up how you want your FLIR to look, AircraftHUD style. And I'm sure the HUD has something to fix.

How the FLIR looks? Like green, as opposed to black/white? That's config controlled.

Besides, I'm not sure any of those helicopters featured actually have HUDs in real life.