Sign in to follow this  
mandoble

Mando Missile ArmA for ArmA 2

Did you ever think of a fix for that glitch?

---------- Post added at 08:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:47 PM ----------

did you ever think of a fix for that glitch?

if you mean to reduce the particles of the nuclear blast, I will try.

Chad_D, try the nuclear missiles against large cities with this MMA test version, I did some tests in Cher and all the FX ran perfectly (now they are ran after damage, so the particles suffering are these of the smoke caused by damage, and not these of the nuclear blast/cloud/colum/fire).

Hello Mandoble I have a issue that I keep getting when I try down loading MMA,

Include file mando_missiles\mando_missile.h not found.

That's the Error message I keep getting. I don't know what I am doing wrong.

On that f-18 thing, not really, you'll have to download it all, and then copy the relevant pbos (being these for the plane: air, men, sounds, sounds_c and weapons) (all of this because of the plane and pilots).

On another topic, i've found that MMA is causing some rather wierd mid-air unwanted loadout changes (ie. weapons on a certain pylon move out of them if i use the weapon in the pylon before that one)

It has only happened on a few vehicles, namely on the new SH60 with penguin missiles, where after i used the torpedoes the penguin switched its pylon for the first torpedo's one.

Another one was the SR1 variant of RKSL's Typhoon. After using both Stormshadows (which i need to mention sth about them after this), the Paveways take their places leaving the inner wing pylons empty. After deploying both bombs, the center fuel tank takes the place of where one of the bombs was.

Finally, i can't seem to use Stormshadow with GPS targeting, all i get is the stormshadow (ground) option on the hud, but the gps targeting prompt still appears on the bottom left (this of course is all relevant to the afformentioned Typhoon, the only plane i currently use with Stormashadows in its loadout).

Edited by Evil_Brownie

Evil_Brownie, the weapons changing pilons is an ArmA2 bug already fixed by BIS with the latest A2/OA beta patch. Here you have the details.

About the EF2000 GPS, you see the message indicating "G" for GPS, you press G key and you dont have the targeting map?

Edited by Mandoble

Nope, doesn't work. I'm thinking its because the hud says (ground) so you can only lock on the surface, a bit like the agm65, you got several hud modes for it.

Edited by Evil_Brownie

Yep, but in ground mode you should be able to lock on ground directly, or to press "G" to call up the GPS targeting MFD. Will have a look at it.

EDIT: Good finding :) The Storm Shadow was disbabled, fixed now. You can try it with this test version.

Edited by Mandoble

Just saw the post, tried it out and it worked straight away. Thanks for the quick fix ;)

EDIT: Also tried out the latest beta patch and it fixed the other problem as well, another thank you!

Edited by Evil_Brownie

hi mandoble

visual problems persist in the javelin hud

repro:3d view hit rmb repeatedly to toggle the javelin hud

and also for a massive compilation of mods, mma becomes incompatible for use in campaigns and original misions + armory games.mma autolauch want to use as an enhancement of the original game single player.

mma hud overlaps original hud:(.

incompatibility still arma 2 co beta.

us At soldier mma javelin no lock on US armored targets.

mma hud incompatible with @GDTMOD_JAVELIN_ARMA2_v102 (mma/bis javelin no real top).

@mma really wanted to include in my list of best mods working together in arma CO

There are several alternative solutions

-revoke the original bis hud to not overlap.

-review and improve the autolauch the charge of the portables huds should be optional.

-retain only mma cursor lock system and adapt it to original hud.

Edited by PFC Magician

Why are you trying to use another javelin mod on top of mma's? :confused:

The mma javelin works fine if you follow the firing procedure.

Hi Magician, I think we already discused these points, didnt we? Anyway:

"mma hud overlaps original hud": Of course, as original HUD cannot display the MMA Javelin operating modes.

"incompatibility still arma 2 co beta": It works pretty fine for me with the latest betas, the bug was already fixed by BIS.

"us At soldier mma javelin no lock on US armored targets": With MMA you cannot lock on friendly units (unless in ground mode), that's done on purpose.

"mma hud incompatible with @GDTMOD_JAVELIN_ARMA2_v102": Logically.

Remember that MMA is always activated on purpose and not by accident: by mission' init.sqf, on-map gamelogics or having the XEH autolauncher. Remember also that main purpose of MMA is to be able to provide full functionality as script suite in 100% addonless missions. And that the mission editor can always activate the systems manually (some yes, some no, some new) instead of executing the default full setup included in the pack.

For these of you suffering performance issues when locking on or using camera systems, please, try this test version and provide as much performance related feedback as possible. Hopefully you will notice a performance boost.

Next update is quite close, if I'm missing something, please tell me ASAP:

• MMA TV camera now uses all available area independently of choosen interface size
  • MMA setups for latest ACE2 air units
  • MMA setups for all Duala air units
  • MMA setups for all CWR units
  • MMA setups for all PRACs air units plus many rearming configurations
  • Nuclear effects highly improved, no more visual problems when detonations happen in big cities and/or with low FPS
  • RKSL EF STormShadow has GPS targeting again
  • Fixed RAH66 Hellfire setup
  • MMA HUD and TV performance highly increased, these of you having locking on problems in overloaded missions should notice it

Mando Missile ArmA 2.4Beta10.2 is ready (Requires A2 or A2 + OA). Dont forget to read the online MMA readme for more info.

LMnQEdKMR58

Changes in v2.4b10.2

• >>> Highly improved performance for MMA HUD and TV, these of you having locking on problems in overloaded missions should notice it
  • >>> MMA TV, MCC, LRR and support console screens selfadjust for any interface size, no more small displays
  • Added systems for some missing ACE2 units (thanks to Shuravi-rnd)
  • Added rearming configurations for ACE2 Su34s
  • Added systems and rearming configs for Duala air units (except UFO)
  • Added systems and rearming configs for PRACS air units
  • Added systems for CWR demo air and land units
  • Nuclear effects performance improved, no more visual problems when detonation happens in large cities
  • RKLS STormShadow has GPS targeting again
  • Fixed RAH66 Hellfire setup
  • Added CWR units MMA setups (thanks to Shuravi-rnd)
  • Added CCIP for Mi24P Russian bombs as well as x2 Igla rearming config.
  • Fixed mando_airsupport_code_ca was being called for airborne assault instead of mando_airsupport_code_pa

Note for these of you managing modified versions in script suite based missions:

To easily integrate most important performance related improvements have a look to the following files/folders and compare with yours (better if you compare all anyway)

\mando_missiles\includes

\mando_missiles\warheads\echo

\mando_missiles\mcc\mando_mccallow_by_type.sqf

\mando_missiles\mcc\mando_missilecenter.sqf

\mando_missiles\lrr\mando_missile_lrr.sqf

\mando_missiles\mando_bombs\mando_airsupportdlg.sqf

\mando_missiles\mando_bombs\mando_airsupportdlgsetup.sqf

\mando_missiles\tv\mando_missile_tv.sqf

\mando_missiles\units\mando_missile_hud.sqf

Edited by Mandoble

Sweet! Thanks a bunch! :)

More a general question to a problem I am having (not really related to the latest release):

Is it possible to offset the aiming point for ground targets to match the targeting reticule of specific aircraft?

For example, when you are flying a SU-25 and you want to target the ground for the Kh29 laser missile, the HUD currently is a bit inconveniently arranged. The ground target will be generated at the small MMA Hud "+" crosshair at the center of the screen, which is usually covered by the text on the HUD when zoomed in on the SU-25. Also, due to the cockpit view, the small + is slightly offset above the aiming reticule for the SU-25 weapons, which adds to the confusion.

It would be great, if "ground" targets could be designated using the regular weapon reticule rather than the small + at the center of the screen.

I think that the small + is very useful for a lot of things, but agree that if it COULD match the reticle that would be even sweeter.

Mandoble - thanks for the latest beta .... I (meaning We the Community) really appreciate the amount of time and effort that you put into this !

Thanks, that's my pleasure.

About the reticle, the problem is that there are many planes with it missaligned, or the reticle aligned with the plane but not the pilot. This is compensated by MMA HUD, that can be adjusted per plane class, so usually you will see always well centered that HUD, even if the 3D HUD is noticeably displaced from the center. Everything is adjusted except that small cross that always marks the center of the screen, and so, the real direction where your plane is aiming (it usually will match in horizontal the gun cross, as long as at least the gun is well aligned with the plane).

I dont know how to read the center's of the 3D HUD, probably there is no way to get it, but to compensate that an option migt be to raise a bit the position of the cross while keeping it horizontally centered on screen.

Ok, I see. What do you think would be the best approach (and is this something that I could already do?) to make designating ground targets on the SU-25 a bit more usable?

I am currently experimenting with only allowing ground lasing for the SU-25 when equipped with the laser variant of the Kh29. Therefore this HUD alignment issue becomes very apparent. Usually it is not a big deal, since people rarely target the ground, I suppose.

Btw, I am using this Lock-on SU-25 tutorial video as a reference:

Edited by Nyles