Sign in to follow this  
mandoble

Mando Missile ArmA for ArmA 2

inco9nito, are you running CO with latest official patch or with a beta patch? If beta, with the latest beta?

hi Mandoble,about javelin, the script was maked before arrowhead javelin, mma javelin is a little heavy script,, sometimes i can see original gui after mma gui.And is better use JavelinTweak_by_McHide_Gameplay_C_PvPscene.pbo, choose top lauch, no avalible in mma. can be update gui to arrowhead.

i have compilations mods working at same time and make a list of mma figther planes can be include:

su-24mk (@duala)

saab AJ37 Viggen (@duala)

mig21MF (@duala)

super etendard (@pracs)

mirage III (@pracs)

A-4M skyhawk (@pracs)

F-18 (fdf_mod)

mma rulz!!! keep in the way!!!

http://www.armaholic.com/forums.php?m=posts&q=15238

Magician, TOP launch not avaialble in MMA??

The cases where you see the original interface have no relation with heavy load, but with weapon replacement (Javelin launcher replaced by something else), this happens with ACE2 that replaces the launcher by an empty tube after firing. There is a fraction of second where MMA detects that the original weapon is not present anymore, so MMA layout is deactivated, and activated again when the new replacement weapon (empty javelin tube) is detected. There is another weapon replacement case with ACE2 where the javelin is replaced by javelin top, I think this happens when you press TAB (which is also used by MMA to lock on a target). The fix is easy, from ACE2 setup, change javelin mode key to anything else than TAB. These are the only cases reported to this date where MMA layout may "blink" and you can see the original layout for a fraction of second.

inco9nito, are you running CO with latest official patch or with a beta patch? If beta, with the latest beta?

Mandoble, with the latest betapatch.

Hi.

Would it be possible to only use the nuclear system with the ACE2 mod? And perhaps the SCUD, or would they conflict somehow with ACE? I would use the entire thing but I was under the impression that most of these are already in the ACE mod.

Thanks in advance

As far as I know, the nuclear system is only used by the SCUD launcher. I'm sure it could be adapted to other weapons, though.

While there are no promises, since ACE tends to change things without warning - the nukes should work with that mod as of last time I checked. The version of these weapons in the Mando system is greatly superior to what used to be in ACE, sans integrated NBC support in vehicle configs - but ACE never got very far in supporting that anyway ( I wrote the nuke package for ACE before leaving that team ).

I believe Mando does support a nuclear AGM as well, the ECHO nuke warheads are certainly usable outside of the Scud. Mando even has a video showing a variant of a TLAM-N in operation ( cruise missile vs Russian aircraft carrier ). I made a version of a MIRV'ed MRBM that deployed 3 warheads in either ground or airburst mode for a mission a while back - scripting up such items was not at all difficult.

I have a lot of the "kinks" worked out of my Air Support Console. I am still trying to get this to work:

"// You may add here the creation of two fighters to scort _heli along its waypoints"

This is for the mando_airsupport_code_XX

Has anyone got this working, and could give me an idea how to do this.

Also, Mando, how can I change the default camera of the recon plane. I am using the Predator, and would like the hellfire cam you used in your uav test mission. I gather it would take some type of check to see if _plane = MQ9PredatorB_US_EP1. The current recon camera works, I just want the bells and whistles of the hellfire camera.

One last thought for now...

When I use the Littlebird to bring a reinforcement team of two Delta snipers, I am adding a co pilot via the mando_airsupport_code_re by using the command moveInCargo [_heli, 0]; for a co pilot.

However, the co pilot always ends up on the outside cargo slots. Is this because the script itself is using the "In Cargo" which is overriding the moveInCargo command?

I have no problems with the other helicopters. :confused:

Magician, TOP launch not avaialble in MMA??

The cases where you see the original interface have no relation with heavy load, but with weapon replacement (Javelin launcher replaced by something else), this happens with ACE2 that replaces the launcher by an empty tube after firing. There is a fraction of second where MMA detects that the original weapon is not present anymore, so MMA layout is deactivated, and activated again when the new replacement weapon (empty javelin tube) is detected. There is another weapon replacement case with ACE2 where the javelin is replaced by javelin top, I think this happens when you press TAB (which is also used by MMA to lock on a target). The fix is easy, from ACE2 setup, change javelin mode key to anything else than TAB. These are the only cases reported to this date where MMA layout may "blink" and you can see the original layout for a fraction of second.

sometimes i can see original gui before, mma gui.i dnot use ACE.thats i wanna say

I will be more explicit, you have in mind change javelin mma GUI to BIS GUI in future updates?

Edited by PFC Magician

panther42, I cannot use the UAV Hellfire TV system for the console because it is a quite different system. But from the console you can set the global used for the TV Hellfire UAV equal to the spawned plane, so you can close the support console and activate the MCC for the UAV Hellfires.

Magician, that might happen ocassionally as MMA checks current weapon in a "relaxed" loop, but you should not see that for more that a fraction of second. Xeno already pointed out a good solution for you.

I dont have in mind to use BIS GUI as BIS GUI cannot display the current mode of MMA Jav (TOP, DIR, GRND).

yes, i can cofirm this... javelin does not work, use ArmA2 CO.

A.I shoots usually, but not the player.

last Beta patch 83780 OA/CO (v26) make work improperly javelin mma

Mandoble :BIS GUI... yes we can!! display the current mode of MMA Jav (TOP, DIR, GRND)see above link is a cowardmod (masive mods) but in Javelin:

only use JavelinTweak_by_McHide_Gameplay_C_PvPscene.pbo + DisabledLockCursor_Gameplay_C_PvPscene.pbo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hv9Z5bMoygs

mma features are awesome, especially air planes

but javelin is more friendly if use bis gui with yours real mando features lock, that will be better, please check it

Edited by PFC Magician

Mando is there a way to configure the mando keys to a joystick? I've been trying in the in-game menu and haven't been able to do it.

Mando is there a way to configure the mando keys to a joystick? I've been trying in the in-game menu and haven't been able to do it.

This has been asked before, and the response is generally that adding a native ability in Mando would be too difficult. It's much better to instead map the mando keys to your joystick. If your joystick can't do this natively, there are plenty of 3rd party programs that let you reprogram it.

Hey guys this is the first time i am using mando missiles and im trying to shoot down a helicopter and the counter measures or i dont know keep making direct hits ineffective. I even made a test level where the heli would just stay put and not move and for some reason the anit air missle still doesnt bring the heli down.

I made sure i had a proper lock with the growl but still no luck

Magician, probably you already know that MMA must work the same in an addonless environment (script suite based missions). Anyway, the best addon to avoid that first second seeing the BI overlay would be one entirely black and with a transparent hole in the center.

Fisgas, you already have indications here, look for Joystick Mapping.

harkkam08, what are you firing against the chopper, and which kind of chopper are you using as target? Are you running A2 or A2 + CO? (CO alone is not supported). Are you running A2 with beta or official patch? The missile hits the chopper but no damage is caused? The missile just miss the chopper?

Magician, probably you already know that MMA must work the same in an addonless environment (script suite based missions). Anyway, the best addon to avoid that first second seeing the BI overlay would be one entirely black and with a transparent hole in the center.

harkkam08, what are you firing against the chopper, and which kind of chopper are you using as target? Are you running A2 or A2 + CO? (CO alone is not supported). Are you running A2 with beta or official patch? The missile hits the chopper but no damage is caused? The missile just miss the chopper?

Ive tried firing a strela and igla at a chinkhook in the us army. I am running a2 + CO and i am running it with a beta patch in six updater selected. When i use a metis tow missile the missile goes right through the helicopter i wanted to test to see if the mando system was working.

ive noticed that when i have AI setup they seem to damage the helicopter faster.

I tried playing as a helicopter and i put about 5 anti air AI guys and they damaged me but not destroyed me. It took 5 guys to damage me half way.

Might you try without the beta, using the official patch? As you can see few post ago, the beta has some bugs that prevents created missile to collide with vehicles, planes and or buildings.

Thanks for the ticket Sickboy ;)

---------- Post added at 01:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:03 PM ----------

Some new additions for naval planes on the works:

mando_missile_ils.jpg

dPKdZYp4Mxs

Might you try without the beta, using the official patch? As you can see few post ago, the beta has some bugs that prevents created missile to collide with vehicles, planes and or buildings.

YUP! that fixed the flying through objects issue. I guess its the beta patch that did it. With the patch removed the tow missiles hit their target.

Did someone already escalate this bug to Suma? I think it's really criticial this gets addressed before 1.60 final, but I am not sure a ticket alone will do the trick here.

mmm...but if you use lock ,targeting mma script only , in javelin ? arma co/oa + MMA_XEH_AutoLaunch.pbo + mando_missiles.pbo + mando_phalanx.pbo + mando_portables.pbo + mu90.pbo + gdtmod_javelin.pbo

dnot like this?:

javelin3.jpg

Edited by PFC Magician