Sign in to follow this  
mandoble

Mando Missile ArmA for ArmA 2

Yep, I checked. It's called SU-39 JDAM and it was added in GLT Missilebox. Mind you, the other SU-25 versions work fine, with locking capability and all, just not the SU-39 JDAM.

Is there any way to remove the sonar bouys and the torpedos from the Uh-60 Seahawk for the USMC faction?

That exact same question was asked not two pages ago.

Simply move the "MH60S" from the "BIS MH60S and Iranian iran_ab212asw torpedo armed chopper" to another entry, like the line that has "mando_missile_path+"huds\mando_hud_lift.sqf"

I want to give two static Destroyer shops the Sea Sparrow system. I have tested it on one ship to see if I could get it working. I used this code in the init.sqf

// Wait for Mando Missile addon initialization

waitUntil {!isNil "mando_missile_init_done"};

waitUntil {mando_missile_init_done};

if (isServer) then

{

[] spawn

{

Sleep 1;

// 36 SAMs antimissile-capable for ship1 ships

[dd1, 3, ["Air"], 36, 500, 6000, 12, [0,-46,9], 360, 0, [east,sideEnemy], true, false, true, false, 85]exec"mando_missiles\units\attackers\mando_seasparrow.sqs";

Sleep 1;

};

};

The ship detects the enemy aircraft and is presumably about to fire when Arma 2 crashes. I have no idea why it crashes and I am not very good at scripting so I can't figure out the problem. :butbut:

Any help appreciated.

I did test your code and it seems you work well. Open the included mission mma_test_frigate_addon.utes, modify the initIntro.sqf to use the \mando_seasparrow.sqs instead of the \mando_arma2.sqs, load the mission, select and play the Intro and see if you find any prolems there.

It might happen that you have some other object or ship in your mission that might cause the crash. For example, some old versions of the Queen Elizabeth and the Nimitz had some objects inside that can be detected by triggers and when you get their positions (getPos command) A2 crashes. It was fixed for the Queen Elizabeth carrier, not sure about latests release of the Nimitz.

Is there a new version of MMA on the way anytime soon Mando?

In particular I'd love to have a version that added a realistic defence armoury to the Nimitz (Sparrows/CIWS) much like you did with the Kuznetsov.

Yes, Munger. it is on the way. But Snafu already created a template for a full Nimitz task force using MMA, not sure if using BOS Phalanx/SeaSparrow models. Anyway, creating templates for ships or land bases is quite simple, you may have a look at the included in the pack mission mma_test_frigate_addon.utes (initIntro.sqf), where basic setup for a destroyer is present with SAM/SSM systems.

I did test your code and it seems you work well. Open the included mission mma_test_frigate_addon.utes, modify the initIntro.sqf to use the \mando_seasparrow.sqs instead of the \mando_arma2.sqs, load the mission, select and play the Intro and see if you find any prolems there.

It might happen that you have some other object or ship in your mission that might cause the crash. For example, some old versions of the Queen Elizabeth and the Nimitz had some objects inside that can be detected by triggers and when you get their positions (getPos command) A2 crashes. It was fixed for the Queen Elizabeth carrier, not sure about latests release of the Nimitz.

Thanks for the help Mandoble.

I tried your first suggestion and it worked find so I removed the Nimitz from my template and the Destroyer engaged enemy aircraft without Arma crashing.

I just noticed your post on the issue here. Gnat's two OHP frigates will have to handle AA duties in the meantime. :)

One suggestion that I have is to make the MH-60 Seahawk's default hud be the same as the UH-60, or at least make this true for the mma_xeh auto launcher the majority of missions that dont include Mando use the MH-60 more as a transport rather than anti-submarine duty. I am not demanding it or anything, I'm just putting out the suggestion as I know you are busy with many other projects. I am not recomending removing the anti-sub hud all together, but instead require the use of the editor to obtain said hud.

viper, you are right, but changing it now to be transport by default might have catastrophic effects for existing missions using it as anti-ship. What I may do is to create an specific global var that may change the default config when MMA is initialized.

I read, but I didn't found key tab
- Default BIS key to lock tagters: lock on target (TAB by default).

Sixth item.

I was just wondering if there was a planned fix for the ACE Javelin in Direct Ground mode. It doesn't seem to work properly at the moment.

Zuff, there is not quite a lot that I can do about that problem, anyway try with this test version (addon) and let me know if Jav+ACE2 guidance gets fixed.

Even if guidance for a shot works well, I guess you will miss the graphical layout as it seems ACE2 replaces the weapon by another one (empty disposable tube I think) after firing.

Forgive me for my lazyness for not cheking all 250+ pages for a possible answer :D, but how can i permanently disable" mando scoring, or if it's even possible to.

Also, using version b97 with A2:CO+RFT i always get an error of a missing texture when deploying a torpedo on the MH60 (no other errors, torpedo still goes dead on target everytime).

Edited by Evil_Brownie

Given how often that gets asked, I'm surprised it hasn't found its way into the readme yet. :D

Evil_Brownie, so you want to disable the most outstanding feature of MMA pack?? :p

Well, if you are playing with script suite, removing it is quite simple: open mando_missiles\mando_giveme_score.sqf and remove all the text inside (do not delete the file, just its contents).

If you are using addon version, then just wait until next release, with a global var you will be able to enable or disable it at will.

well, it kinda p... me off when i try to click something else and instead click that 1000 times xD

But thanks Mando for info, i'll wait for next release then :)

Sorry for double post but i thought this was pertinent.

Will the new version correct a couple of bugs i found using mando, namely:

The BIS Wildcat AW159 (which has the cannon and CRV7-PG rockets) has the pretty nifty mando tv camera, but for some reason using the camera just once disables the ability to use the cannon anymore.

And secondly, the STI UH-60 pack, which also is mando compatible, particularly the hellfire and ffar variant that has a similar bug. as pilot, you can use ffar and activate the hellfire mando cam. As gunner you can either use hellfire cam or the default way BIS locks on targets by zooming in them.

I admit the uh60 issue could "probably" be solved if it had a manual fire option, to switch weapon usage to the pilot (not a mando problem i know, i have sent a PM to the author about it)

as for the wildcat, i don't know why it removes the ability to use the cannon.

The BIS Wildcat AW159 (which has the cannon and CRV7-PG rockets) has the pretty nifty mando tv camera, but for some reason using the camera just once disables the ability to use the cannon anymore.

And secondly, the STI UH-60 pack, which also is mando compatible, particularly the hellfire and ffar variant that has a similar bug. as pilot, you can use ffar and activate the hellfire mando cam. As gunner you can either use hellfire cam or the default way BIS locks on targets by zooming in them.

The problem with the Wildcat is one Mando can't completely fix without directly editing the AW159 config file. The issue is that the pilot normally cannot use the CRV7-PG rockets, and thus the "manual mode" is not enable in the config. Furthermore, the pilot has his own specific weapon, which interferes with the way Mando normally works. When the pilot of any aircraft in Mando enters the MMA, the script automatically turns on manual mode. With the Wildcat, since this mode is normally disable in the config, you are not able to exit the mode when you leave MMA. Goss and I have tried to fix this in the Gossamer Warfare mod, but had to eventually abandon the Wildcat completely due to the inherent issues with it. The best alternative we came up with was to make a special case in the MMA script so that manual mode was not engaged automatically when the Wildcat was used.

Additionally, since the pilot already has a weapon of his own, entering the MMA with either cause both the MMA weapon and the normal pilot weapon (cannon in the Wildcat) to fire, or it will only fire the pilot weapon. This is an issue shared with any mod aircraft that has separate weapons for the pilot and copilot/gunner, such as mods that place helicopter rockets under direct pilot control.

While I haven't played around with the STI pack, I imagine the problems are similar.

Edited by Xeno426
fixed name of Mando system

You are right Xeno, anyway this should happen only if you enter the chopper alone (without human or AI gunner), only in this case MMA turns on manual mode in an attempt to provide all the existing weapons to the pilot.

Yeah what Xeno said,

We did try a few different ways to try to get the Lynx to work properly with mando, but due to the unconventional config BIS included, there's no real way to get it working besides making a new config.

I see. Given your explanation and as you said, the problem in the UH60 is probably the same. Don't understand why they would use a different config system for that one vehicle, but anyway, thanks for the clearing up guys :)