Sign in to follow this  
mandoble

Mando Missile ArmA for ArmA 2

Hi Nyles, I have been quit busy lately and had no time to check that warfare issue. Is this something that happens only in warfare? Might you try to recreate the problem with a quite simple mission using the addon and not any adaptation of the script suite?

About your other question the answer is yes, a R73 HUD mode would need to be added to the Mi24. This mode-rearming option is not currently included into MMA. Aside of the gameplay benefits, is real Mi24 able to carry, lock on and fire R73 missiles?

The Mi-24 can't carry any AA missiles at all. The wingtip pylons can either take 9M17 Phalanga or 9K114 Shturm A-G missiles, the inner hardpoints can carry FAB freefall bombs, Rocketlaunchers or additional fueltanks.

Myke;1901104']The Mi-24 can't carry any AA missiles at all. The wingtip pylons can either take 9M17 Phalanga or 9K114 Shturm A-G missiles' date=' the inner hardpoints can carry FAB freefall bombs, Rocketlaunchers or additional fueltanks.[/quote']

I thought an Mi-24 could be outfitted with Igla pods on the tip of the wings? The VM variant -> http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/russia/mi-24-variants.htm

The Hind can be be fitted with the 9K38V Igla-V launchers and it was also tested with one R-60 (AA-8 "Aphid") under each pylon. Thought today Hinds do operate with a mix of 9М120 "Ataka-V" missiles and S-8/S-13 rockets. ;)

Those are only the latest Hind versions, and only after hardware upgrades have been installed that let them do that.

Are there known compatibility issues with the following server set-up?

Combined Ops

ZEUS AI

Full ACE 2 package

Someone recently pulled mando missile from our server, we have been using it religiously for many years now. The reasons given were that it was causing the Javelin to be inconsistent, sometimes unuseable, in particular with regard to locking. It also seemed to be firing 2 missiles at a time. Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I am highly skeptical that mando would not be fully compatible with ACE, and would be very sad to play any serious operation without mando missile. I know next to nothing about server management, so I just need to convince our server admins that it is not in fact a fault with the mod, but with our server setup.

Callaghan, MMA is not compatible with latest ACE2 update as explained several post ago.

zGuba from ACE2 team is working on the fix (or workaround). ACE2 is now automatically replacing the BI javelin by something else like a disposable tube after firing the missile, so the Javelin weapon is not there anymore and MMA guidance gets broken immediately after launch.

All previous versions of ACE2 should be fully compatible.

Hi Nyles, I have been quit busy lately and had no time to check that warfare issue. Is this something that happens only in warfare? Might you try to recreate the problem with a quite simple mission using the addon and not any adaptation of the script suite?

About your other question the answer is yes, a R73 HUD mode would need to be added to the Mi24. This mode-rearming option is not currently included into MMA. Aside of the gameplay benefits, is real Mi24 able to carry, lock on and fire R73 missiles?

Hey Mando, thx for the answer. I have not played any other mission using MandoMissile on our server, so for now I can only confirm this problem with Warfare BE 2.068.

Could you point me to such a simple example mission using MMA? I can upload it to the server for testing, but I am afraid I can't easily create one myself.

Gossamer you mentioned a similar problems, can you perhaps confirm this issue for your Warfare variant or other missions and help repro?

As for the anti-air capabilities of the Mi-24, I think I read something about the Mi-24 being able to equip R-73 missiles, but have never seen any image about it. I also did not look at this issue from a realism standpoint. The EASA warfare aircraft loadout script just allows you to equip that option, but the cockpit systems don't seem to support it. It should be easy to simply disable this particular loadout option when MandoMissile is in use, if you do not intend to support this or other AA weapons on the Hind.

Nyles, with the scriptsuite incorporating new HUD modes is quite easy, so these can be added at will into the Warfare. Later today I'll try to create a test mission using the addon so you can try it on your server with AI using missiles. Can you tell me which systems were using the AI in your warfare mission? Igla portables? static launchers?

I have seen this happen with most of the manual guided systems, like (handheld) Metis, TOW on HMMWV/Bradley/Stryker, Javelin and Dragon.

I am also sure this happened with helicopter-launched Hellfires, but not sure about EAST heli systems. There could be more.

I am suspecting that with Warfare being an already script-heavy mission, a non-highend server rig might simply not be able to process the mando scripts in a timely manner, creating the effect of double missiles simply due to lag. It really looks like one missile is the standard BIS version, while the second is the mando missile.

Gossamer you mentioned a similar problems, can you perhaps confirm this issue for your Warfare variant or other missions and help repro?

Sorry, what issue are you talking about? I cannot seem to find what you two were discussing.

EDIT: Ah, I just saw it above this post. Yeah the Double Missiles seems to only come out of AI launchers from what I recall and one of them is definetly the BIS Missile while the other is the mando one. It really sucks ass when both of them hit you though lol.

I haven't been able to repro it because I'm pretty sure you're right about the script lag. It's really a shame that people complain about the physics engine and AI and want BIS to fix those. I'd rather have BIS further optimize/improve multithreading on server binaries. Having servers be able to use more of the hardware available would be great.

Edited by GossamerSolid

But do both missiles coexist, or one replaces the other?

Note that MMA doesnt replace the AI manually guided missiles as they "should" not generate any incoming missile events (which is what MMA uses to replace AI fired missiles).

Gossamer, the effect described by Nyles is just having AI firing two missiles at the same time instead of one (as far as I understood).

But do both missiles coexist, or one replaces the other?

Note that MMA doesnt replace the AI manually guided missiles as they "should" not generate any incoming missile events (which is what MMA uses to replace AI fired missiles).

Gossamer, the effect described by Nyles is just having AI firing two missiles at the same time instead of one (as far as I understood).

Yep, what Nyles described is correct. Sorry if I made that unclear in my previous post.

They fire once and two missiles come out at the same time. The BIS one generally goes forward and isn't guided, but the Mando one does get guided.

Mandoble.

Question.

I have the @mma folders defined in my mod folder load.

When I am in my multiplayer hosting(usally editing and tested) a mission even if Mando is not defined I am getting, SERVER HAS MANDO but client does not message pop up on the screen.

But my machine is both client and server and I am not using Mando in the mission.

Is it some how executing because it is my mod folder list that is executed when I launch the game? I don't use the scripts, I prefer the addons it keeps the mission size down when playing on my server.

I have never had this issue before.

Any direction would be awesome. It doesn't cause an issue other then popping up every once in a while.

If might happen that your server shortcut is loading the MMA_XE addon (which selfstarts MMA), but not your A2/OA client.

If might happen that your server shortcut is loading the MMA_XE addon (which selfstarts MMA), but not your A2/OA client.

Just so I am clear.

I have both @mma followed by @mma_XEH(I think it is XEH) in my launchline.

@mma_xeh folder contains Kju's MMA_XEH_AutoLaunch.pbo (extended_eventhandlers.pbo and mando_missiles.pbo are required by this to work). MMA_XEH_AutoLaunch presence self initiates MMA for these missions that are not using MMA already (run ArmA2 with mod=@mma;@mma_xeh modifiers).

So would that also be why I see MMA score when I don't have MMA modules on the Map.

But still

I don't understand why when I host it locally it would give me that warning.

It should either self start and just run(like it is). But why the warning about it not running on the client. I am launching the server inside of the game that has @MMA and @MMA_XEH defined.

(FYI I do use the most current patch and ACE versions)

I guess I will try removing it from my Launch line while editing missions that don't have them in it.

Should I not be using the XEH if I am putting the MMA Mission gamelogics on the map?

I have never had this issue before a few days ago, and Nothing has changed except the latests revision of ACE. Well obviously something has changed in my setup. I just need to isolate it.

Thanks for clearing up what was clearly written I just never put it together before.

Makes sense now.

One of there thing.

The RAH Commanchee, I can't seem to get the hellfires it reloaded using ACE with mando. Has anyone reported an error? This might be all part of my issue.

Thanks again.

Are you reloading the Hellfires using MMA rearm?

Are you reloading the Hellfires using MMA rearm?

Yes, I land by the truck, i use the mouse wheel option to reload, I then click on the truck and it has the different options, reload, I even see it start then the percent goes down but no hellfires.

I need to do some more testing to see if it is something I have fubar'd.

I have a problem with the Nuclear Scud. The Mushroom cloud is completly bugged for me.

It is not even a mushroom cloud it is just a huge cylinder of clouds, like if you made a fire, just much bigger. May this be cause by the Steam version? Is it a known bug? Solution?

It is not caused by addons, I load Arma II OA Combined operations, with Ace and everything, only MMA, MMA with CBA, etc. Also if I pause the game, just after the detonation, and wait like 15 seconds, the cloud is normal.

Beside then that, Mando Missile is great!

(sorry for bad grammar, I am german)

snckrz, are you running the detonation in a low specs PC? If so, A2 engine will sacrifice script speed in order to preserve the FPS. This might be most noticeable if you detonate the warhead in a areas with many destroyable objects (big cities). Let me know if this is not your case.

Yes, I have a low Spec Pc. And I tried it in Takistan, with the sample mission, and without it.

Is there a way to get it working with a low Spec pc? :butbut:

€: Gigan nuclear detonation seems to work fine, though

Is there a way to get rid of the cinematic scene, before the impact?

Edited by snckrz

You can just play the mma_nuclear_mirv.utes demo mission (3 simultaneous detonations, but on water), or mma_test_nuke_addon.Takistan where you can fire from a SCUD launcher or command AI to fire it. You can also interchange warhead types there. And yes, GIGA detonation is way lighter and better suited for low spec machines.

The problem is, that the nuke not even work on these sample missions.

I'm having an issue that only happens when I run a mission on a dedicated server. The problem is that the type 2 nuke via the Scud launcher is causing the game client to completely freeze immediately after it detonates. This happens in my own mission, and also happens in the sample mission for the Scud nuke that comes with Mando Missile 24b97. This is where I use the radio to call in the strike from a Scud launcher.

This does not happen when previewing the mission in the editor, and also does not happen when running a local listen MP server. It only happens when I load it up on a local dedicated server and connect to it. The client lock is immediate, ie as soon as you hear the beginning of the explosion. I've tried decreasing my view distance, lowering video settings, and even detonating way off in distance beyond view and it still completely locks up the client.

I am running Arma 2 OA build 79600 (beta). Same on dedicated server which is running under WinXP. My ACE/CBA is installed via Six-Updater.

Thanks

Might you try this with official patch, no beta? what you describe is a game frozen or game crash to desktop? Any extra info in server or client rpt?