Sign in to follow this  
mandoble

Mando Missile ArmA for ArmA 2

If you want the Tunguskas to be considered active radars, then execute the following script from your mission's init.sqf:

[["2S6M_Tunguska"]]execVM"mando_missiles\units\mando_im_active_radar.sqf";

This way you will be able to engage them with anti-radar missiles.

The single argument is an array of classes of things that should be considered as active radars. Of course this is not required for MMA specific launchers, automatic or manned.

Brilliant stuff :). Cheers for the help.

It would be nice if mando score could be enabled in the ESC menu like many other mods (digital compass, VF Ladders, etc). I understand that there are a lot of "zerglings" that need to fluff up their egos by killing everything they can in domination servers, but for those of us who don't care about scores, having this in the action menu just adds more clutter at no benefit.

It is a cool feature, and it looks very nice I'll say. Just not wanted by everybody that uses your excellent mod. Thanks.

I have tried this mod with other plane addons, some of them works quite well, especially with the F-22A Raptor mod just released not too long ago. I have tried it with MMA and it performs pretty well, however, unlike F-35B it wasn't stealthed so the hostile can still lock it on target and fire missiles to it.

Here I have recorded the video of the F-22A with the Mando (2.4Beta9.7) and ACE2 mods. Dogfighting against SU-27 and SU-30:

Hey Mando, would you be able to include a change in your future versions?

File:

/units/mando_hud_key_handler.sqf

Line 940:

if ((dayTime * 3600 - mando_planechafftime)>1) then

change to:

if ((dayTime * 3600 - mando_planechafftime)>mando_flareDelayTime) then

Then the flare delay can be overloaded to another value if people wish (default still being 1 of course)

Dysta, pretty good recording and nice ACM there. ATM the F22 is stealth for MMA systems (MMA automatic systems + MMA systems for players), but AI will still be able to lock on it, this cannot be solved by scripts. On the other hand its MMA setup comes with a "engage multiple targets" option for the AIM120. In your dogfight you might have broken away, turn back, press "G" and in 2 seconds you would have 3 AMRAAMs hunting down 3 independent targets. I would say that F22 is the deadliest MMA equiped plane.

Gossamer, no problem with that as long as min time is 1 second.

Dysta, pretty good recording and nice ACM there. ATM the F22 is stealth for MMA systems (MMA automatic systems + MMA systems for players), but AI will still be able to lock on it, this cannot be solved by scripts. On the other hand its MMA setup comes with a "engage multiple targets" option for the AIM120. In your dogfight you might have broken away, turn back, press "G" and in 2 seconds you would have 3 AMRAAMs hunting down 3 independent targets. I would say that F22 is the deadliest MMA equiped plane.

Ah, I know the Mulit-target feature when the Raptor has armed with AIM-120, it is really damn quick to wreck 3 targets (targeted at 4 jets and only 1 missed).

I also found that the stealth system for F-22A gone messy, that is because I forget to add the game logic call "Mando Missile ArmA Full". Without the logic the radar and other stuffs can track and target at the Raptor. I have added this logic and this baby is no longer taking SAM threat.

The picture below is showing the radar did track on F-22A without the "Mando Missile ArmA Full" game logic:

arma2OA2011-02-2715-14-48-21.jpg

True, if you dont execute mando_setup_full.sqf there will not be any default array for stealth planes.

mando_setup_full.sqf can be also copied into the mission folder, renamed if needed and executed from there (instead of adding the GL which executes the default one). This allows you to change (at mission level) everything related to the default setup of MMA.

If you dont execute it (the default one or a customized one) there will not be any list of predefined stealth classes, the AI will not use MMA countermeasures, missiles fired by AI will not become mando ones, etc.

hi,

i was some inactive with arma but now i am back and ofc i downloaded the latest mando becaus its a great addon for arma.

Everything is working nice but the rearming is not working ? i don`t get rearming in the action menu.

Sneaker, in order to have the rearming option you (the driver) must be stopped (engine off) and close to any vehicle of the following classes:

mando_rearm_sources_classes = ["MtvrReammo", "KamazReammo", "UralReammo_INS", "UralReammo_CDF", "WarfareReammoTruck_USMC","WarfareReammoTruck_RU","WarfareReammoTruck_Gue", "DFReammo_Base"];

You must also execute mando_setup_full.sqf (or add to the map the corresponding GL).

Sneaker, in order to have the rearming option you (the driver) must be stopped (engine off) and close to any vehicle of the following classes:

mando_rearm_sources_classes = ["MtvrReammo", "KamazReammo", "UralReammo_INS", "UralReammo_CDF", "WarfareReammoTruck_USMC","WarfareReammoTruck_RU","WarfareReammoTruck_Gue", "DFReammo_Base"];

You must also execute mando_setup_full.sqf (or add to the map the corresponding GL).

aaah yes. i already thought i missed something !

Tnks Mandoble

i just downloaded the newest MM and i have to say the most options are again top work, edit : 'let me put it differently then i said before'

Mando don't get me wrong i love your work but you addon is starting to clutter my action menu with all kind of stuff (MM transmit laser target / MMA Score ?? / change HUD / change keys / etc.) i don't realy ask for, please implent a way to turn those options off or make a basic version with out all those options so people can choose ?

Edited by supergruntsb78
let me put my earleir comment differently

supergruntsb78, and which of these actions do you think are not needed? (MMA Score will be effectively optional in next release).

Mando, is it possible that using MMA can have an affect on your ability to lock on to targets when using other systems? Several of us are trying to use MMA and GLT together. As of right now, it appears that MMA works with GLT, but GLT doesn't work with MMA. When using both together, using the TAB key to lock on to a GPS target created by the GLT GPS/INS system doesn't work. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

I might be able to shed some light into this.

The GPS/INS system (ab)uses the BIS laser lock system. So technically all GPS weapons are just laserguided weapons. To avoid exploiting the GPS system for non-GPS guided weapons, an additional config entry was introduced into the weapons config. The system now permanently checks what weapon is selected and if the weapon is not a GPS guided weapon, the lasertarget created by the system is hidden.

Since now with MMA you never have a GPS weapon selected (which could be catched with currentweapon scriptcommand) the GPS target keeps permanently hidden, not allowing a lock.

@Mandoble

you might check the weapons config for the following entry:

"GLT_isGPSguided"

If this value is 1 then the weapon is GPS guided (obviously).

The GPS target is accessible with the variable GLT_GPSINStarget.

So a simple

GLT_GPSINStarget hideObject false;

would allow to lock on.

pwnage, which GPS guided weapon are you talking about and for which plane?

MMA comes with its own GPS guidance in 3 ways: Direct coords selection from HUD in GRND mode, MCC and GPS dialog.

Select a HUD mode for the corresponding weapon in GRND mode, now you can just use your sight to select a ground position (pressing TAB while in this mode) or you can open the GPS targeting dialog pressing MMA special key ("G" by default). MMA GPS guidance is available for Myke's weapons too. If GPS guidance is available you will see a white small message in the lower left coner of the screen.

Other Inertial guided weapons (Myke's ones too) can be fired from MCCs, you have also dual radar/Inertial weapons also available via MCCs (for example Nuclear KH22N for Gnat's Tu22).

MMA doesnt care if the BIS weapon is configured as laser guided or not, in fact doesnt care at all about any parameter configured at addon level, with the exception of lifetime.

GBU 53 is already included in MMA setup for the F16, as well as the AGM154. Forgot to add the GBU39 for the F16, while you have it for the F22. I will add the corresponding rearming options and system for the F16/GBU39 for next release.

Thanks for the information. Does the readme for Mando Missile cover the MCCs and GPS Dialog? To be honest with you I have no idea what you are talking about, lol.

pwnage, create a mission and drop there mma init and mma full gamelogics, the place yourself in a F22 loaded with GPS bombs, press L CTRL to cycle HUD modes and select the corresponding to the bomb in GRND mode. At any time you can press G, and designate a ground position as target, you can also aim to the desired ground spot with your HUD and press TAB to lock on it.

For the MCC, do the same, but as pilot or gunner of a T22 or B52. You will see a menu action to open the MCC for the loaded missiles. Use your map or NAV HUD mode to fly in the generic direction to aproach the desired target, use the menu action to open the MCC, zoom/pan/etc the small map and lclick on it to place the target/nav mark. Select the target/nav mark as target from the list of available targets (if your system is hybrid radar/inertial you may see there also surface contacts), and fire the missile. You can also press F1 to get a full on-the-fly help about the MCC usage. If you are the gunner and the pilot is AI, you can use NAV mode from the MCC to guide your pilot to wherever you want.

More info about MCC usage here

Edited by Mandoble

supergruntsb78, and which of these actions do you think are not needed? (MMA Score will be effectively optional in next release).

wel for starters MMA score :p , i think action like change keys and change hud colors are kind of un needed (you could provide a userconfig where the user could set these options himself or something like that)

i seem to recall having seen a transmit laser target option on a BIS laser marker if correct then your MMA transmit target wouyld be a double and so then it would seem un needed

@Mando

Thanks again. I just tested it all and it worked great. I appreciate you taking the time to explain it to me.

EDIT: I found this error when trying to load the JSOWs using the MMA rearm feature.

th_ArmA2OA2011-02-2820-05-27-94.jpg

I checked the GLT classnames and I believe the A is missing at the end of the classname "GLT_2Rnd_AGM154A".

Edited by pwnage_51

@pwnage_51

this is correct. Also the JSOW comes in 2 versions, either direct impact or with submunition for area denial. Although i don't know if the later will work with MMA.

@ Mandoble

Can you please split the canLock = 0; setting of the mando_portables\config.cpp to a separate addon.

From what I understand it disables the locking even when not using MMA.

Therefore we cannot use it. A separate addon would be nicer compared to editing the config ourselves.

Thanks!

pwnage, Myke, might be the former weapon class names have been changed in newer versions of the MissileBox? Original weapon name was "GLT_AGM154_Launcher". If this is the case, MMA rearm/MMA systems would not be compatible anymore with Myke's missile box.

PvPscene, these addons are not mine. Former one was made by Defunkt, another one was created by Xeno426. But I guess the best idea is to associate this addon with the same @mma folder where mma is, so if you want to launch A2 without MMA/Portables you may have a different shortcut without the @mma to avoid side effects of the portable config.

class GLT_AGM154A1_Launcher: GLT_BombLauncherBase {
	scope = public;
	displayName = "AGM-154A-1 JSOW";
	magazines[] = {
		"GLT_1Rnd_AGM154A1",
		"GLT_2Rnd_AGM154A1",
		"GLT_4Rnd_AGM154A1"
	};
	GLT_isGPSguided = true;
};
class GLT_AGM154A_Launcher: GLT_AGM154A1_Launcher{
	displayName = "AGM-154A JSOW";