Sign in to follow this  
mandoble

Mando Missile ArmA for ArmA 2

Mando Missile ArmA 2.4Beta9.6 is ready (Requires A2 or A2 + OA). Dont forget to read the online MMA readme for more info.

vzJ-eV4w_6E

Changes in v2.4b9.6

• Compatibility fix for all the fired missiles and ACE2
  • R-SHIFT + MMA HUD Change mode key (L-CTRL by default) to switch to previous HUD mode
  • Fix for BOS SeaSparrow launcher, sometimes it tried to intercept its own fired missiles
  • RKSL MMA rearming configurations for all the EF2000 weapon combinations
  • Gnat's "next bomber" systems and MMA rearming options (more nuclear weapons for OPFOR)
  • If NVG were on when activating a TV system, they will be ON again when closing the TV dialog
  • Vehicles with engines turned off are now "lockable" as long as they have consumed some fuel
  • Gnat's B52 gunner now has CCIP HUD mode for the free fall bombs (usable also from gunner's optics)
  • Australians At War (AAW mod) systems for choppers (thanks to Jay)
  • ACE's ACE_AH6_GAU19_FLIR flares + navigation HUD
  • Myke's MOAB bomb ground and GPS guidance for C130s
  • Systems for Lingor's Mig21s

Still no support for TrackIR to control the AH-64 30mm cannon. :( As cool as this mod is, that just kills me a little inside every time a new version comes out without that support.

Still no support for TrackIR to control the AH-64 30mm cannon. :( As cool as this mod is, that just kills me a little inside every time a new version comes out without that support.

I'm pretty sure he already told you he couldn't support it as he doesn't have TrackIR himself.

Thanks Mandoble, I take this as another christmas present! Updating my missions now ;)

I'm pretty sure he already told you he couldn't support it as he doesn't have TrackIR himself.

I guess then that the TrackIR community are going to have to offer him one.

Mando: you got a PayPal account?

domokun, Trekari, all I know about TrackIR is related to flight sims (Aces High for example), where your sight is attached to TrackIR. In all the cases the game itself did need to have built-in TrackIR support.

I dont know whether TrackIR allows you to link mouse movement to the device, if so, FreeLook mode + TrackIR controlling the mouse should work (L.ALT to enter freelook in A2). Also, if TrackIR allows you to program keystrokes based on head angle, then you can program Num KP 4, 6, 8 and 2 to control MMA TV systems with it. So far that's all I can tell about TrackIR. If what you are looking for is to enslave a chopper's gun to TrackIR, then it is a request for BIS, I cannot do anything at scripting level to allow that.

domokun, Trekari, all I know about TrackIR is related to flight sims (Aces High for example), where your sight is attached to TrackIR. In all the cases the game itself did need to have built-in TrackIR support.

I dont know whether TrackIR allows you to link mouse movement to the device, if so, FreeLook mode + TrackIR controlling the mouse should work (L.ALT to enter freelook in A2). Also, if TrackIR allows you to program keystrokes based on head angle, then you can program Num KP 4, 6, 8 and 2 to control MMA TV systems with it. So far that's all I can tell about TrackIR. If what you are looking for is to enslave a chopper's gun to TrackIR, then it is a request for BIS, I cannot do anything at scripting level to allow that.

That might be an option. Do any of the TIR folks know if you can switch TIR to mouse mode on the fly with a key?

I do hope I'm not sounding ungrateful, I just have no idea how these things work. Is there some kind of text file that I could go into to bind specific keys to each HUD mode, or specific keys to bring up each MFD, or keys to bind to things that show up as scroll wheel menu options in game but not in the controls menu to assign keys?

Thanks for the suggestion. I was actually just suggesting that we (TIR community) get you a TrackIR, not so much as an invitation to develop this aspect but more to thank you for all you work ;)

Thanks domokun, appreciated but not needed as I rarely play ;)

DangerMouse I think I already answered to some these questions few post above, with new 2.4B9.6 you can program R.SHIFT+R.CTRL to move to previous HUD mode, R.CTRL to move to next. Once you are in TV mode (MFD), you can control the camera with Numpad keys which you can program in a joy hat. While in TV MFD you can use TAB to lock on/unlock and L.WIN to fire. And if your joy can simulate a 3 Mouse button click or mouse W. click you will have the menu actions list open, then probably you will be able to move up down with UP/DOWN keys directly.

Mando, a little off topic but you might want to have a look at:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/wicmw

The mod have some pretty cool missile system.

There's another indie game in the works, which have some amazing missile system also, but I couldn't find the link on MODDB. :(

Its to do with Strategic Defense Initiative or something. Mostly based on missiles. I think its a RTS game.

That game looks really nice Ray.

For script suite users, find here an update of the MMA Javelin custom script. It determines better if NFOV or WFOV is active and it adds a dynamic white square surrounding the locked on target. Just put that script inside mando_missiles\huds\custom folder and your Javelin will look like this:

u7qI-WhPMa8

If it works well for everybody, it will be included into next MMA release.

It looks a little weird white box surrounding the target, could not be a part of 4 corners? :D

I hate it how everytime I have a nice firefight going on in the background and the performance is decent, not perfectly great bout 40ish fps, and I use the MMA agm for apache, the console just goes all sluggish. Other than that I love what mndo missiles has done to all the planes and missiles, seriously awesome stuff,just that annoying lag sometimes.

Mando

Thanks for the explanation about TrackIR. I'm not a scripter, or a mod-maker of any kind. All I know is that you've said the gun tracks via FreeLook just fine, so I was hoping that there was a way to make it track via TrackIR.

If this is beyond your ability, then I apologize for pushing for it. If not, then perhaps someone with more scripting/programming knowledge than myself can help find a way to make it work.

After all, who doesn't want to shoot things with a 30mm cannon simply by looking at their target? :) If that feature were somehow implemented, you'd never get me out of the front seat of the Apache.

Here's hoping it isn't something BIS needs to implement, or we'll be waiting until ArmA 3 I'm afraid.

Trekari, this is something beyond the capability of the current script commands, so yes, I guess this is something that BIS needs to implement or something that could be configured within the TIR.

Free Look mode enslaves the sight to the mouse movements, but by default AH64 gun is already enslaved to mouse movements (from gunner position). If TIR allows you to use it as a "fake" mouse, then problem solved.

Hey Mandoble.

How are sounds done in this mod these days?

I always thought many of your sounds were "global" (heard everywhere).

I was looking at the "createSoundSource" command and wondered if you could simply attach the missile sound to the actual missile so it all faded out correctly.

Hi Gnat,

engine the sounds are played this way

_mis say3D [_sound, 200];

and that 200 is the cause they can be heard almost everywhere in an small island. I will remove the 200, but then probably the missile will be hardly audible at all.

You can also change that in \mando_missiles\mando_missile.sqf and test:

_mis say3D [_sound, 200]; >>>> _mis say3D _sound;

EDIT: And, of course, the sound can also be set to "", so that the missile just generates only its own sound (if any) configured in the corresponding addon.

Edited by Mandoble

bearking19, expect a big performance boost for the TV systems in next release ;)

I've noticed that your included mando_portable mod doesn't address weapons like the static launchers, AT5, AT11, M47 or NLAW. I've created an updated version that addresses these issues.

http://www.mediafire.com/?41kutuz723lkvxs

It comes signed with its own bikey. If you want, I can send you the private key or you can resign it and release it with your next update.

That is a quite interesting contribution Xeno :bounce3:

I guess it doesnt need any new signature and it can be included in next release as it is. Also, if you have a permanent place for it (assuming it might be improved by you with more launchers in the future) I can add a permanent link to that page in the MMA frontpage and in the MMA online help.

I've noticed that your included mando_portable mod doesn't address weapons like the static launchers, AT5, AT11, M47 or NLAW. I've created an updated version that addresses these issues.

http://www.mediafire.com/?41kutuz723lkvxs

It comes signed with its own bikey. If you want, I can send you the private key or you can resign it and release it with your next update.

Lads, don't get me wrong, i trust Mandoble 100%, but nevertheless i have to say it public since the proposition was made public: never ever give away your private key!

Again, it's not that i don't trust Mandoble. I say this so people reading this just know that private keys never should be give away. I hope you both understand the point i'm making and don't take offense.

There's support for wire guided missiles right? You actually guide it right? Sorry for the dumb question.

Yes, for TOW, Metis, AS.11 and others. You can fire Hellfires from camera without a lock a guide them manually moving the camera's center.

For TOW, for example, you must aim in the direction of the launch, and then drive the missile smoothly into the target. If you move the sight too fast away from the missile, you will lose the guidance, if you aim at the missile again, you will get control again.

Edited by Mandoble

Hey Mandoble, is it possible to set up mando console/bombs to either have respawning support requests, or to have the requests use supply/money from warfare?

I want to be able to integrate the support console for warfare for when I have LANs.

EDIT

I'd realy appreciate some help in getting the air support console working properly in a warfare game, I can't seem to get it to work right. X_x

Edited by Wintercross