Sign in to follow this  
mandoble

Mando Missile ArmA for ArmA 2

Addendum on the posting about fallout console (nice pic btw :D).

Fallout will now decay away over time. It takes a while, the half-life of I-131 is about 8 days. So there will be a global variable to artificially speed up just the decay rate. BigMorgan and GossamerS should likely add something like this to their mission init scripts.

echo_fallout_decay_rate = 1440;

A value of 1440 will make the decay scale to minutes instead of days, meaning the fallout zone will be safe about 1 hour after it forms.

The new console will show you the value for a 10 minute exposure. The initial zone intensity will give you a dose of 8 Gray in that interval, high enough to kill you long-term and generate enough health issues that you're combat-ineffective in game. Correspondingly higher values will shorten the time to 'death', low values will lengthen the time. In Mando's example, anyone entering the area marked would have a life expectancy of about 2 minutes - best avoid that region until it cools down.

Thank you evil, I appreciate you helping us out.

No problem GossamerS, glad to be of help for patrons like you. Mando is a good partner, thoughtful and open to new ideas. So we bounce a lot of concepts and new code around at frequent intervals. He came up with the notion of the fallout console while I worked out the details of fallout decay. Together these ideas work much better than by themselves.

One trick for you compliments of Mando, the fallout console driver has a parameter that defines the test of who can use it. Could be rank of soldier, or better yet possession of some item ( aka a "radiation meter" ). Play with that notion a bit in your missions.

I've been tinkering with a campaign involving a nuclear battlefield, so far the results have been quite satisfactory. Using MMA tools, managed to craft a reasonable simulation of a SS-20. If you think a Scud is bad, try a 3 warhead MIRV. Can you say nuclear shotgun boys and girls? Sure, I knew you could...

:smiley-evil:

No problem GossamerS, glad to be of help for patrons like you. Mando is a good partner, thoughtful and open to new ideas. So we bounce a lot of concepts and new code around at frequent intervals. He came up with the notion of the fallout console while I worked out the details of fallout decay. Together these ideas work much better than by themselves.

One trick for you compliments of Mando, the fallout console driver has a parameter that defines the test of who can use it. Could be rank of soldier, or better yet possession of some item ( aka a "radiation meter" ). Play with that notion a bit in your missions.

I've been tinkering with a campaign involving a nuclear battlefield, so far the results have been quite satisfactory. Using MMA tools, managed to craft a reasonable simulation of a SS-20. If you think a Scud is bad, try a 3 warhead MIRV. Can you say nuclear shotgun boys and girls? Sure, I knew you could...

:smiley-evil:

Can't wait for the MIRV :)

So the echo_fallout_decay_rate can go right in the InitJIPCompatible.sqf and be fine?

Can't wait for the MIRV :)

Given that damage is proportional to the cube root of yield, a properly spaced 3x5kt strike covers a bit more area than a 1x80kt and damages it more uniformly. Sound military technique as well as cheaper to compute game-wise, so win-win.

There already was a MIRV ( a MARV really ) in one of the demo missions bundled with MMA. I used that as a template for my SS-20, making it fly faster, higher and release the warheads in a spread over the target with a reasonable bit of CEP tossed in as a true MIRV would do. I had also tuned a copy of the patriot to better approximate PAC-3 standards ( being a realism nut ). The improved patriot can almost always knock down a scud or my SS-20 when it's not using the MIRV option. But only seen my battery of 2 launchers kill the MIRV'ed variant once in the many times I've tested the mission, a very lucky shot that got it before all the warheads had spread out.

It's up to Mando whether we should bundle up my versions in his release or they get offered separately - they're just simple stuff built on top of his wonderful toolkit. I'll trust him to make the correct call on that.

Meanwhile, a couple pics...

image41f.th.jpg

Patriots firing

image43y.th.jpg

Incoming MIRV

image44f.th.jpg

Airbursts

So the echo_fallout_decay_rate can go right in the InitJIPCompatible.sqf and be fine?

The decay rate variable should probably go in init.sqf, since it's global and only needs to be set once. But see no real harm in putting it in the JIP init as long as the value never changes.

Edited by Evil_Echo

Hi:) I Have problem when I'm using the TorM1 AA system. When I lock on to enemy aircrafts and fire the missile, it sometime explode on the vehicle, and even take out the vehicle sometimes.

Hi ArmaDan,

Here's part of my setup for a Tor equipped BMP. You might want to change the _pos value to [0,0,2] (or something similar)

_posunit = 1;	// 0 driver, 1 gunner
  _ttype = ["Air"];	// Target type
  _quantity = 12;
  _minrange = 500;
  _maxrange = 7000;
  _rof = 12;	// Up to 12 launches per minute
  _pos = [0,0,0];	// Position of missile model relative to firer

G'day,

Will this work with ArmA 2 OA alone? or do you need to be running ArmA 2 as well? and before anyone starts hating on me I've promised myself to get ArmA 2 for christmas:)

thanks

G'day,

Will this work with ArmA 2 OA alone? or do you need to be running ArmA 2 as well? and before anyone starts hating on me I've promised myself to get ArmA 2 for christmas:)

thanks

You need ArmA 2 or Combined Operations I believe

G'day,

thanks

Do believe you need CO (A2+OA). I have used MM with just A2, but you get warning messages about some missing dependancies. Attempting the same with just OA would likely not work at all. Given the going price for A2, it's worth getting it for Christmas.

How can I get it so the scud launches nuclear missile/MIRV?

There are some nice demo missions included that show how to launch a scud with the various warhead types. Basically you just add a line or so of code to your mission scripts to activate the magic for a scud launcher you've placed on your mission map. Something like the following, where scud1 is the launch vehicle and there is a target marker on the map called "mk_nuke"....

[false] execVM "mando_missiles\mando_missileinit.sqf";
[] execVM "mando_missiles\mando_gun\mando_guninit.sqf";

// Wait for Mando Missile addon initialization 
waitUntil {!isNil "mando_missile_init_done"};
waitUntil {mando_missile_init_done};

[] execVM "mando_missiles\mando_setup_full.sqf";

// Nuke em - heheh 
[scud1, 2, getMarkerPos "mk_nuke"] execVM "mando_missiles\units\mando_ai_scud.sqf";

My MIRV bolt-on is not currently included in the release - see comments in a few postings back. We'll see about how to get that out if there is enough interest in it.

Edited by Evil_Echo
added example

Hi ArmaDan,

Here's part of my setup for a Tor equipped BMP. You might want to change the _pos value to [0,0,2] (or something similar)

_quantity = 12;
  _minrange = 500;
  _maxrange = 7000;

Hi and thanks for reply :)

But im all green when it comes to scripting, dont got a clue on what you are talking about :p

Im playing on Gossamer's warfare, and its just so annoying when im in TorM1, hunting for enemy aircrafts, and when I fire at them, I take my self out, or the missile explode over the tank, and take out anyone close to me, like own heavyfactory when I just buildt TorM1 and are under attack from enemy aircrafts.

And in Gossamer's warfare, its the Shilka that is equiped with TorM1 AA system, dont know if that has anything to say.

Edited by ArmaDan

If you want to have a look at how the TorM1 system works, download the MMA suite and look in the init.sqf of mma_test_sams_addon.utes. It will have a set up for the Tor system.

There's another mission that has a breakdown of how to script it into your mission. I can't find it right now but it shouldn't be too difficult to find.

As far as I'm aware, Gossamers Warfare has the Mando script version, so you don't need to run the pbo. You should maybe PM Gossamer as it's part of the parameters he set up for his mission as it's something he could look at for you.

If you want to have a look at how the TorM1 system works, download the MMA suite and look in the init.sqf of mma_test_sams_addon.utes. It will have a set up for the Tor system.

There's another mission that has a breakdown of how to script it into your mission. I can't find it right now but it shouldn't be too difficult to find.

As far as I'm aware, Gossamers Warfare has the Mando script version, so you don't need to run the pbo. You should maybe PM Gossamer as it's part of the parameters he set up for his mission as it's something he could look at for you.

Hey there,

Where exactly do I set the launch position. I added the TOR like so in it's own setup file:

// The following scripts are for players only, no need to run on dedi servers
[]spawn
{
  while {!alive player} do
  {
     Sleep 1;
  };
//Taki shilka units will be simulated TORM1 launchers for players as gunners (missile idx 0)
_mcctypeaascript = "mando_missiles\mcc\mcc_types\mando_missilecontrolon_torm1.sqs";
[["ZSU_TK_EP1"], 8, 8, ["Air"], "TorM1 Console", _mcctypeaascript, [0,0,0,2], [0,1,0.25], 2, -1, 0, [], 3, 85]execVM"mando_missiles\mcc\mando_mccallow_by_type.sqf";
};

[["zsu_tk_ep1"], 8, 8, ["air"], "torm1 console", _mcctypeaascript, [0,0,0,2], [0,1,0.25], 2, -1, 0, [], 3, 85]execvm"mando_missiles\mcc\mando_mccallow_by_type.sqf";

};

[/php]

Try altering this value (the one in bold) up a little bit. I could be wrong though...

I'm not too familiar with the way yours is setup. I always set it up in the init like this:

if (isServer) then
{
  _quantity = 12;
  _minrange = 500;
  _maxrange = 7000;
  _scan = 360;	// Arc to scan around
  _mink = 0;	// No need to have knowsabout about the target to lock on it
  _enemies = [];
  _antimissile = true;
  _fixed_firing_direction = false;
  _initially_active = true;
  _vangle = 85;

[tor1, _posunit, _ttype, _quantity, _minrange, _maxrange, _rof, _pos, _scan, _mink, _enemies, _antimissile, _fixed_firing_direction, _initially_active, false, _vangle]exec"mando_missiles\units\attackers\mando_torm1.sqs";
};

Hope that helps :)

EDIT: In that example, the unit is called tor1 (the first element of the array).

Edited by Das Attorney

I just went directly into the TOR MCC type script and changed this:

_launchpos   = _params select 1

to

_launchpos   = [0,0,2]

That should directly change it and should solve the issue.

Sorry to Mando and Echo for spamming your thread will useless mumbojumbo!

Seems non-spam content to me. And you are helping out a fellow Mando'er so why not?

Mando Missile ArmA 2.4Beta9.4 is ready (Requires A2 or A2 + OA). Dont forget to read the online MMA readme for more info.

2NVlBADA_0A

jcrA4gOYOA8

Changes in v2.4b9.4

• Systems added for:
    • ANZAC mod (thanks to Andrew)
    • Pedagne mod (thanks to Jay)
    • Swedish Forces Pack (thanks to Jay)
    • Antonov225,il76,Ka60_GL_PMC,OWG_MI26,ou_ch_53d,ou_ch_46e (thanks to Jay)
    • Battle Star Galactica fighters and transports
    • Mig15s
    • ACE2 A10s and Su34s
    • RKSL EF2000

[*]GMRLS and MRLS-SAM systems added for MLRS (optinal)

[*]Dragon and NLAW systems (thanks to Xeno426)

[*]Nuclear AGM86 and AGM84 systems for Gnat's B52

[*]Harpoon systems for Gnat's B52

[*]BAF Lynx full setup

[*]Laser transmission fixed for units using laser designators different than the default BIS one (Kiowas, Lynx, ...)

[*]BIS Flares removed automatically

[*]IRak F14 GBU12 fixed

[*]MCC Patriot improved to intercept new SCUDs

[*]New Fallout console to track down fallout areas and radiation levels

[*]Fallout aeras improved and ability to control fallout times (thanks to E.Echo)

[*]SCUD console allowing to choose between air burst/ground burst

[*]SCUD nuclear warhead types 4 and 5 for ground burst and air burst MIRVs

[*]New mma_b52_test.Takistan test mission (Gnat's B52 addon required)

[*]New mma_test_mlrs_addon.Chernarus test mission (MLRS as SSM or SAM)

[*]New mma_galactica.astro412 Galactica Mod units test mission, including tractor bean

[*]mma_test_nuke_addon.Takistan test mission modified including fallout console

Edited by Mandoble

oh god!

Thanx Mandoble!!

AAA+ addon!Gonna try it out !

For which version of the Battlestar Galactica ships is this? Does it work with them all? Because I dont have the very latest version, since it uses strange minigun-noises instead of the cool original sounds.

EDIT: Download wont work both with Mozilla and IE, it only downloads a 2KB "download.php" file.

Edited by Altimeter

Thanks Altimeter, download link fixed. BTW, it should work with older version of Galactica mod too.

I'm still having problems with firing Javelins with ACE. When i fire them, i get knocked out.

I'm still having problems with firing Javelins with ACE. When i fire them, i get knocked out.

same here.

Do you have that effect without ACE or only with ACE?

Only happens with ACE.