Sign in to follow this  
mandoble

Mando Missile ArmA for ArmA 2

so...any beta release soon in the form of a pbo?

Yes, more than probably, for this weekend.

outstanding! thanks for all your hard work!

In case you dont know, Jackass released a pair of CIWS guns to be used with MMA mando gun, find them here.

I'm adding here a test mission with the latest mando gun modifications (script suite test version) with a pair of Jackass Phalanx over the deck of the Utes LHD. They will engage planes, choppers and incoming enemy missiles.

Hey Mando, could you configure the class name "OH58E" to have the stinger hud? It currently carries 2x hellfires and 2x stingers, but as of right now you can only use the 2x hellfires.

I guess that as with anyother Warfare or A2 mission. If you want the quick way, add the MMA init, setup full and setup ACE gamelogics to the map, and that's all.

Of course you can also use the script suite (as indicated in the online readme) and/or create your own MMA setups and systems (i.e. adding air support console, specific systems like the TorM1, radar sites, AI SAMs, custom scoring mechanism to mando_score, etc). There should not be any difference MMA-wise between mission x + MMA and mission x + MMA + ACE.

Ok thanks Mando for such a great mod. Appreciate your work. I added MMA init, MMA, ACE MMA and sync them to all the slots available. Running on my dedicated server.

I went the quick way not really good at messing with script.

Sync? You dont need to sync these GLs with anything, just drop them on the map (or execute their corresponding scripts from init.sqf).

Got some fun new British toys in the latest update. The only ones that will give any trouble are the NLAW and the AH11 Wildcat.

This is what is ready for next release:

• Improved TV systems performance, now they are better suited for areas with many targets and heavy loaded missions.
  • Improved greatly guidance for ATGMs.
  • Fixed TV system affecting the shift-click on map to add personal waypoints.
  • New global mando_last_onmapsclick. Store there any action you want to be restored after MMA usage of map.
  • Improved HUD system timed lock on, less chances to lose the lock where many targets are in front of you.
  • Improved mando gun interception logics, now it will work better against fast targets moving side to side of the gun.
  • Added a new internal variable "mando_gun_extrah" for mando guns placed over roof surfaces, set it to the height of the surface.
  • Changed Kuznetsov setup, if Jackass888 Russian CIWS is present, it will be used instead of default mando turrets.
  • Fixed the setups of several C-130 classes, now the systems will come up correctly if you are in these planes.
  • Added MMA systems for LoBo Irak Mod Mig23, Mig27, Su22 and choppers.
  • Added MMA systems for more Iranian Mod units.
  • Added Gigan nuclear warhead for the SCUD launcher (also available as warhead for anyother system you want to setup).
  • Added E. Echo/Mando nuclear warhead for the SCUD launcher (also available as warhead for anyother system you want to setup).
  • Added a new internal variable "mando_scud_type" to set the type of SCUD missile per vehicle: 0 - conventional, 1 - Nuclear Giga, 2 - Nuclear E. Echo/Mando.
  • Fixed a bug with SCUD targeting dialog that were affected if you use any other MMA system before of it.
  • Re-adjusted flight parameters for Myke's JSOW and JDAM, they are more maneouverable and have longer range.
  • Added systems for BAF units (Included with OA patch 1.54)

Did I miss something?

mma_scud_nuke.jpg

A release date?

btw, i heart you, that nuke is epic.

edit - wasn't there some sort of global function that set all AA platforms to use Mando so mission makers didn't have to define all the vehicles?

Release date is today (Sunday) (unless I missed something important).

I dont know what you mean with set all AA platforms to use MMA? Which system for which platforms? A default Tunguska, for example, is already using MMA. When it fires it missile becomes a mando missile. If you mean to mark all of them automatically as radar emitters, this might be good for some missions and not so good for some others.

i think i might have just misread an earlier post a few pages back, and yeah it would basically just be something to put in the init that would maybe have an array of vehicles that would all be using the MMA SAM function. So we didnt have to do the script for all of them. So say I would just have to put 5 tunguskas on a map, then in the init i could put the tunguska classname in the array and all tunguskas on the map would be using the SAM function. Just an idea for later down the road if you want to do it. It's really just for lazy map makers.

also, any chance mando systems will get into lasers? Then you can really take over the world.

S2, problem is that you might want to simulate many different types of SAMS or anyother class of automatic missile launcher in a mission. A mix of S300 + TorM1 for the east, Patriots, Hawks, Sea Sparrows for the west, might be some taltical missile launcher here and there, cruise missiles, etc. So the system cannot impose that, for example, all and every MLRS will be a Patriot in every mission, or that any AI RHIB will be automatically armed with torpedoes. This is something that needs to be defined at mission level.

Fox, Mando gun did start its life in OFP being a laser cannon ;)

Have to admit, working with Mando on the nuke has improved the look a lot. I've learned a few new graphics tricks from him along the way and Mando has learned some physics from me here and there. He's a great guy to collaborate with.

Besides being really pretty ( from a weapons design viewpoint ), other features...

1. It's quite fast.
  2. The code internally supports variable yield. Eventually there will be an way to access the dial-a-yield logic.
  3. Supports both ground and air bursts.
  4. Calculation of damage due to thermal, prompt radiation, blast vs type of unit. Some things fare better being near a nuke than others.
  5. Sectional damage to buildings.
  6. Trees and fences affected.
  7. Blast interacts with units, can move them. One test shoved a M1A2 30m uphill.

With luck, the weapon will get even better. We get these ideas you know. :smiley-evil:

Edited by Evil_Echo

This is great news! I was hoping the Nuke was still moving along, I hope Mando your still going to launch it with the SCUD Launcher.

Thanks for the update.

Vengeance, you can fire from scud launchers as driver, there is also a script to make AI scud launchers to fire and a vehicle variable to set the type of scud missile per launcher. You can use these warheads also for any other type of nuclear missile you want to simulate at mission level.