Sign in to follow this  
mandoble

Mando Missile ArmA for ArmA 2

Xeno426, I will increase up to 500m/s the speed of the Vikhrs, which will decrease its hit chances against air maneouvering targets as its turn radious at apex speed will be greater. MANPADS have slower speeds on purpose, to give a survival chance to choppers and to force the mission makers to include serious SAM systems to counteract fast jets instead of having an army of soldiers with MANPADs. Which also allows the other side to use SEAD capable planes to hunt down the emitting SAM sites.

Remember that you can change all these max speeds at mission level as long as you execute your own setup instead of the setup full script or game logic.

Due the verly low speed of the choppers, adding CCIP systems will be of little help, as in most cases the mark will be below your instrument panel (nose), so you will not be able to see the CCIP mark and the desired target at the same time in order to drop the bombs.

Styxx42 I will include ADuke's Helo pack support as well as DKMM RAH66 (in fact I've already included them and all the systems are working well). Expect them for next release planned for this weekend.

Styxx42 I will include ADuke's Helo pack support as well as DKMM RAH66 (in fact I've already included them and all the systems are working well). Expect them for next release planned for this weekend.

That will be fantastic.

This just makes flying these fun again.

Have not enjoyed helicopter combat since ARMA I.

Thanks

Systems included in next release:

• DKMM RAH66 Comanche by modEmMaik
  • KA-50 Hokum by rstratton
  • NH90 by modEmMaik
  • OH-58 Kiowa Warrior A2/OA/ACE by Southy
  • RAF Chinook CH2 by Smiley Nick
  • Sti UH-60L by Stiltman
  • US C-130H Hercules by CRASHNZ
  • Bundeswehr Mod: UH-1 and UH-1 SAR by BWMod Team
  • Georgian Army: SU25, Mi24V, Mi24P by Studio SARMAT
  • Iranian Forces Mod: AH1J, Panha, F14, F4, Mi17, Shabaviz 2016, SHabaviz 2-75, C130, AB212, Hengam LST, Mi8 by YorT
  • Iraq Army (Saddam Era): Mi8, Mi2 by andrei
  • Collective Rapid Reaction Force: (KSOR) Mi24D, Mi8, SU-25, Mi8MT by SARMAT Studio
  • Project '85 Vehicles: A10, Ah1 by vilas
  • Cluster Bomb pack Beta Release 1.0: CBU-87 / MK20 Rockeye / CBU-89 "Gator" (A10s, AV8Bs, F35s) by SirSmok@lot
  • ADuke's Helo pack MH60s by ADuke
  • All OA vehicles, choppers and plane.

Did I miss something?

Mando

Having a bit of a problem with the system and not sure what is going on. Ive had it working with other missions so I know how to install it. Im using it on one of the new islands Zargabad. I can call in air strikes no problem. Any kind of helo request however, the helo spawns in for instance for a vehicle and does not move from its launch point. Same with gunship missions as well with the apache. what they do is spawn and hoover or land at the point of spawn. Any thoughts.

gunterlund, this is an old A2 bug where a chopper will refuse to proceed with a waypoint independently of how far the destination is. I have tried to find a workaround without any success yet. It is usually related to the direction the chopper must use to proceed with the WP, for example, using Utes, the choppers will refuse to move if they are spawned at the South arc of the island having a destination in the center of the island. What you can do with the Air Support console is to restrict the ingress angles and to setup the default ingress angle so that everything spawned inside that arc will accomplish correctly any given destination, or to make the spawn position fixed (over an airport, for example).

gunterlund, this is an old A2 bug where a chopper will refuse to proceed with a waypoint independently of how far the destination is. I have tried to find a workaround without any success yet. It is usually related to the direction the chopper must use to proceed with the WP, for example, using Utes, the choppers will refuse to move if they are spawned at the South arc of the island having a destination in the center of the island. What you can do with the Air Support console is to restrict the ingress angles and to setup the default ingress angle so that everything spawned inside that arc will accomplish correctly any given destination, or to make the spawn position fixed (over an airport, for example).

that was the ticket. Found a spot that worked. thanks.

Mando Missile ArmA 2.4Beta8 is ready (Requires A2 or A2 + OA). Dont forget to read the online MMA readme for more info.

Changes in v2.4b8

- Script suite size reduced in 2MB (Defunkt comprissed the paas way better)

- Mando Phalanx Turret fixed for 1.07 (also retextured) by Scars (it was causing CTD after 1.07 A2 patch)

- Fixed a bug that allows the MCC TVs to track targets with broken Line of Sight

- Added keys Num+/Num- to zoom in/out MCC TVs

- RWR moved a bit down to avouid overlapping with OA radar

- AH64 Monocle modified for better fitting with OA one

- If OA is present, MCC TVs will have several types of OA FLIR effects

- MMA actions to toggle hud, change hud color and set mma keys moved down in the list

- Added mando_lasers global array to setup laser designators classes, its default value is ["Laserdesignator"];

- Systems added (say big thanks to Jay, he "pressed" me to add all of these and tested all of them):

• DKMM RAH66 Comanche by modEmMaik
  • KA-50 Hokum by rstratton
  • NH90 by modEmMaik
  • OH-58 Kiowa Warrior A2/OA/ACE by Southy
  • RAF Chinook CH2 by Smiley Nick
  • Sti UH-60L by Stiltman
  • US C-130H Hercules by CRASHNZ
  • Bundeswehr Mod: UH-1 and UH-1 SAR by BWMod Team
  • Georgian Army: SU25, Mi24V, Mi24P by Studio SARMAT
  • Iranian Forces Mod: AH1J, Panha, F14, F4, Mi17, Shabaviz 2016, SHabaviz 2-75, C130, AB212, Hengam LST, Mi8 by YorT
  • Iraq Army (Saddam Era): Mi8, Mi2 by andrei
  • Collective Rapid Reaction Force: (KSOR) Mi24D, Mi8, SU-25, Mi8MT by SARMAT Studio
  • Project '85 Vehicles: A10, Ah1 by vilas
  • Cluster Bomb pack Beta Release 1.0: CBU-87 / MK20 Rockeye / CBU-89 "Gator" (A10s, AV8Bs, F35s) by SirSmok@lot
  • ADuke's Helo pack MH60s by ADuke
  • All OA vehicles, choppers and plane.

The new look of AH64 monocle and FLIR example working with OA:

ah64_monocle_oa.jpg

ah64_flir_oa.jpg

Scars new Mando Turret

mma_phalanx.jpg

Looks wicked, testing now, will report back. :)

Can't wait to test it out... I have a question about the flares though:

Do the OA flares get removed from each aircraft or are they still there, but just a visual effect?

Where are the entries for the M2 Bradley's TOW launcher and the Stryker TOW? There don't seem to be any new entries for them in the mando_setup_full.sqf file.

You are still referencing the wrong Mi-28 vehicle; you have CMA_Mi28_RUS when you should have CMA_Mi28_N_RUS

BTW, Myke just updated his missile pack. I don't suppose you could add these into your missile array and Rearm dialog, could you?

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6071

I'd also like to request the CM-170 by CheyenneAh56 be added to the system.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=9777

And could we get some kind of CCIP for the pair of bombs on the Mi-24P?

Keep up the great work! :)

GossamerS, for the moment, OA flares are simply ignored.

Xeno426, Stryker and Bradley uses the same method as portables, based on weapon class name instead of vehicle class name.

Yep, forgot to change the class of Mi28, wonder why the author decided to change it.

Many Myke weapons are actually supported and available from rearming system, you should be able to access to many combos for his F16 and others (AMRAAM AV8B for example). Anyway next release will include support for ALL the contents of the missile box.

Nice Magister model, will include support for it in next release. And as said before CCIP would be useless for Mi24P unless you are able to reach jet like speeds with it. At so slow speeds the CCIP mark would be always under your nose, so you would not be able to see the mark and the target at the same time. Also CCIP might become quite unaccurate with choppers as choppers might have great AOA when flying, the bombs would be dropped in a direction way different than the advancing direction with the chopper having heavy nose down or up.

BTW, Myke just updated his missile pack. I don't suppose you could add these into your missile array and Rearm dialog, could you?

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6071

He had the final weapon list shortly before i released the Missilebox....though i was too fast and pre-warn time was too short. Blame it on me and my impatience. :p

Xeno426

CCIP would be useless for Mi24P unless you are able to reach jet like speeds with it. At so slow speeds the CCIP mark would be always under your nose, so you would not be able to see the mark and the target at the same time. Also CCIP might become quite inaccurate with choppers as choppers might have great AOA when flying, the bombs would be dropped in a direction way different than the advancing direction with the chopper having heavy nose down or up.

How about CCRP then? :p

I will include Fouga Magister in next release, meanwhile:

mando_hud_fmagister.sqf:

// mando_hud_fmagister.sqf:
// Hud modes setup
  mando_hud_init_code = {};

mando_hud_modes = [];

mando_hud_modes = mando_hud_modes + [[
  0,		// Missile to be used
  false,	// Keep coords set in mando_assignvehicle_by_ ?
  3,           // Guidance type 0 Radar, 1 IR, 2 SARH, 3 Manual
  ["LandVehicle"],     // Type of targets ["Air"], ["LandVehicle"], ["RADAR"], ["REMOTE"] or ["GROUND"]
  0.,	// Aim circle diameter
  "AS.11 (Manual)", // HUD Text
  0.015,        // IR accuracy for headon shots or radar accuracy for ECM targets
  3,		// Number of simultaneously detected HUD targets (max is 6)
  800, 	// Sensor width / 2 in meters
  3000,		// Sensor length / 2 in meters
  3            // Normal time to lock
  ]];

mando_hud_modes = mando_hud_modes + [[
  -1,		// Missile to be used
  false,	// Keep coords set in mando_assignvehicle_by_ ?
  1,           // Guidance type 0 Radar, 1 IR, 2 SARH, 3 Manual
  ["LOCATIONS"],     // Type of targets ["Air"], [""LandVehicle"], ["RADAR"], ["REMOTE"] or ["GROUND"]
  0,	// Aim circle diameter
  "Navigation", // HUD Text
  0.015,       // IR accuracy for headon shots or radar accuracy with ECM
  6,		// Number of simultaneously detected HUD targets (max is 6)
  800, 	// Sensor width / 2 in meters
  3000,	// Sensor length / 2 in meters
  3            // Normal time to lock
  ]];

mando_hud_num_modes = count mando_hud_modes; // Number of available modes

// Missile parameters setup
  mando_hud_misp = [];
  mando_missileidxbase = [];

mando_hud_misp = mando_hud_misp + [[
  vehicle player, 	// _launcher
  "", 		// missilebody ("" for BIS used weapons when class of fired missile must be kept
  [0,0,0], 	// launchpos (calculated by the firing action)
  0, 		// dir (calculated by the firing action)
  0, 		// vangle (calculated by the firing action)
  10, 		// speedini 
  190, 	// speedmax 
  80,		// acceleration
  objNull, 	// target (calculated by the firing action)
  0, 		// boomrange
  5000, 	// activerange
  2, 		// modeinit
  500, 	// cruisealt
  mando_missile_path+"warheads\mando_missileheadat2.sqf", 	// boomscript
  mando_missile_path+"exhausts\mando_towsmoke.sqf",	// smokescript
  "mando_missile1", 	// soundrsc
  29, 		// sounddur 
  6, 		// endurance
  false,	// terrainavoidance
  1, 		// updatefreq
  0, 		// delayinit 
  0.2, 	// controltime
  false, 	// detectable 
  true, 	// debug
  "", 		// launchscript
  10, 		// hagility
  10, 		// vagility
  1, 		// accuracy
  false, 	// intercept
  30, 		// scanarch 
  30,		// scanarcv
  0,		// Offset above target
  mando_minchaffdist	// Countermeasures extent
  ]];

mando_missileidxbase = mando_missileidxbase + [[-1,"NordAS11"]];

And in your init.sqf

waitUntil {!isNil "mando_missile_init_done"};
waitUntil {mando_missile_init_done};
Sleep 1;
[] spawn
{
  while {!alive player} do
  {
     Sleep 1;
  };
  // Fouga Magister MMA setup (add the rest of fouga classes to the array)
  [["FougaMagister3"], 0, "sight", [4], [4], 15, 15, 0, [4,3,-2.5], "mando_hud_fmagister.sqf", -0.02, 0, [[-9,"NordAS11"]], 0]execVm"mando_missiles\units\mando_assignvehicle_by_type.sqf";
};

Note that AS.11 is manually guided and is quite slow too, so brake down your plane, turn on free look, fire and guide the missile with HUD's center.

So far OA HUDs dont interfere with MMA ones, with one small exception. Metis has a default IR display, so you cannot use MMA to turn IR on/off.

If you use Stingerlauncher (infantry) vs Aircraft you have both huds start beeping. If you listen to OA Hud and fire, the rocket wont hit but the Mandobeep will get your rocket into target. The OA beep makes you gonna fire when you dont know that you have Mando.

And to me Mandohud here only starts when i go on Map for a sec and switch back into game.

Maybe you have a idea for this Mandoble...?

For some reason mma and mma_xeh are not showing in Expansions in OA. Yes I have them in the correct folder structure and I am loading them on start. Any ideas why this wouldn't be working?

Muecke, the problem is that OA manpads selflock automatically generating that beep sound. So far I dont know how to eliminate it.

MMA system is always there, but it is intended to be invisible as these systems dont have any visual indications, just audible. The custom script for manpads is not hidding the MMA HUD again after showing the map, this is why you can see it (and this needs to be fixed BTW), but the hud is there all the time, just aim to the target, press TAB and you will get the beeps until they become a constan growl, then fire.

Muecke, the problem is that OA manpads selflock automatically generating that beep sound. So far I dont know how to eliminate it....

Maybe someone out there knows ?

I wanted to say that I flew the RAH_66 last night. What a wonderful experience.

Didn't have to rely on my flaky AI, just me, the machine and a lot of burning armour.

The Adukes choppers worked like a charm as well.

That look down option is great for Hooking vehicles in Domination.

Thanks Mandoble for all your extra work.:bounce3:

please I´m testing the TOW with ACE AH1s (manual guidance for pilot and gunner) and it isn´t working here (last versions of all mods) the missile always go straight and explode in the air but I can´t do the manual control like with the land vehicles (those works fine with TOW system!) thanks for any help in helping with this feature.

ps: the Hellfire missile system/camera is working fine...

Vikingo, to guide the TOW, dont aim at the target, aim at TOW firing firection (which is your actual flying direction) at first to "catch" the missile control, then guide it gently to the resired direction as if you were driving it. If you try to over-maneouver it, you will lose control, if this happens you can re-gain control again aiming at the missile itself.

Vikingo, to guide the TOW, dont aim at the target, aim at TOW firing firection (which is your actual flying direction) at first to "catch" the missile control, then guide it gently to the resired direction as if you were driving it. If you try to over-maneouver it, you will lose control, if this happens you can re-gain control again aiming at the missile itself.

:bounce3: wohoa Mandoble! thanks for that tip (very realistic feature for sure!!) incredible sensation firing and kill with the TOW :D the problem was that I was too close to the target and can´t "catch" the missile well... so real! :eek: now works perfect with ACE2+SLX.

thanks again for your help!

oustanding mod