Sign in to follow this  
mandoble

Mando Missile ArmA for ArmA 2

Mandoble, could you make a 'userconfig.ini' file for your mod?

In the 'ini' file, for example, set something like:

1. use white/green or color text

2. user defined key settings for firing and locking on target, etc. At present, it seems your key config change in the game can not be saved. I need to set keys every time mission starts. (I play missions in the mission editor, it is easy to change things.)

3. other things .......................

Thanks!

Edited by xy20032004

First, I have to say i like mando rockets a lot.

One question / suggestion: If you are far away from targets, you have no possibility to know what kind of targets they are. So maybe you shoot a uaz, but there is a tunguska near it. Is there any possibibilty to get something like a target identification or did i miss something?

Anyway, this is only a problem because i often play missions with space-key disabled.

First, I have to say i like mando rockets a lot.

One question / suggestion: If you are far away from targets, you have no possibility to know what kind of targets they are. So maybe you shoot a uaz, but there is a tunguska near it. Is there any possibibilty to get something like a target identification or did i miss something?

Anyway, this is only a problem because i often play missions with space-key disabled.

The targeting boxes should have labels, but they are often unreadable if you are looking at a distant convoy, with everything jumbled together. You can zoom in one them with a weapon camera to see each label more clearly.

But I do kill a whole lots of UAZs with anti-tank missiles because they always seem to pop up on my radar before the armored vehicles do. And BMPs appear before MBTs, etc.

Mando-

Have you ever tried using the MV-22 as the evac vehicle? As it currently functions, the AI pilot crashes the bird (almost every time) upon arriving at the pick-up point. Is there any way to address this issue, or are we restricted to the helo's for evac?

Perhaps if we could somehow utilize a minimum altitude control script for evacuations to allow the MV-22 to reduce speed and get established in a hover prior to attempting the landing?

#momo#, if the targets are closer than 2Km the labels with the vehicle classes are displayed on hud. So, if you want them, you will need to risk yourself and get closer. Think also that you might be in the receiving side, and you want to mask a high asset target between other contacts to confuse the enemy. So everything there is aiming to a well game balance, so that not all the advantages are on the hands of these having the missiles.

Terror Wolf, I havent tried the MV-22 yet for evac missions (while I doubt it will work at all). Anyway I will try to test it tonight.

In a mission that I have been tweaking to include your air support console, I have tied the console to the ACE_PRC119 to effectively simulate communication between the ground-pounders and the flyboys. Unfortunately I'm relatively new to scripting, so I had to piece together my efforts from what I could find already floating around out there, and came up with the following code which worked wonderfully for this purpose:

The ACE2 guys have now updated the PRC119 to three separate types:

ACE_PRC119 - Green

ACE_PRC119_MAR - MARPAT

ACE_PRC119_ACU - ACU

I would like to know how I can add the "ACE_PRC119_MAR" and the "ACE_PRC119_ACU" to my init script so that a player who picks up any one of the three will find the console in their action menu?

You could also use the API function in ACE to check if your player has a radio, it should work with any of them - no need to worry about a list then.

http://dev-heaven.net/docs/ace/files/sys_ruck/fnc_HasRadio-sqf.html#ACE_fnc_HasRadio

Is it possible to use both the ACE AGM-114 K and L versions for remote firing?

I could only seem to use the K versions.

Oh and great job on creating such a fantastic add-on. :D

No, only the laser guided works for remote targets. The radar guided one depends on own radar. I guess it works this way in RL.

I found no documentation about the Mu90 and other Torpedos. I looked into the config, but couldn't get a clue out of this.

Is there a launcher for the torpedos which could be attached to a boat?

Blaunarwal, ATM the only ships using MMA torpedoes are Gnat ones, as well as the default BIS MH60S which is able to drop two of these. Creating a launcher for torpedoes is quite easy, I'll try to post here an example this afternoon.

I'm getting a lot of Hellfires and Tow missiles exploding directly above tanks. It happened so much in one mission that I assumed ACE had implemented Arena defenses on the T-90. But then a Chedaki T-72A exhibited the same knack for survival versus an Apache. Has anyone else experienced this, and are you using ACE2?

I have encountered many such explosions as you have said. When shoot a tank from 3000m away, it is common to see this problem. But I guess maybe it is the game's engine limit, you know, beyond 3000m, all trees, military objects, soldiers will suddenly disappear.

I'm getting a lot of Hellfires and Tow missiles exploding directly above tanks. It happened so much in one mission that I assumed ACE had implemented Arena defenses on the T-90. But then a Chedaki T-72A exhibited the same knack for survival versus an Apache. Has anyone else experienced this, and are you using ACE2?

I too. :(

Problem with the object lifetime possibly?

EDIT:

Can not confirm with vanilla, latest beta, MMA and MMA_XEH running.

Will test again with ACE, but right now it doesn't seem MMA related.

EDIT2:

Can not confirm with ACE2, latest beta, MMA and MMA_XEH running. Missiles detonated nicely on target. What I did notice though, is massive lag in the responsiveness of the TV camera (but not the overall game) when a missile is tracking using ACE. This does not happen without ACE.

p.s.

Some things I noticed with the long range shots:

The camera does not seem lockable beyond 3km range. In this case it is extremely hard to keep the camera on target due to the way the camera is moved with the mouse.

A solution would be to increase the circle in the middle where u can keep your mouse and no movement is generated, as right now it seems to be exactly one pixel, making long range shots unnessecarily hard.

Second thing i noticed is that the hellfire can be steered SACLOS which is fine, and then locked on the fly which is also fine, but once lock is released cannot be steered again SACLOS style, making multi targetting hard.

Edited by TheCrusader

maturin, I've tested 3 rounds of 24 shots, first in LOBL H-L profile, then LOBL L-L profile and finally LOAL with HUD (AH64 monocle) and got 24 direct hits and 20 immediate kills vs T72. Repeated the test with 1 round of 8 shots from TV camera (LOBL H-L profile), and got 8 direct hits again and 8 immediate kills. Targets ranges between 0.5 and 2Km. Missiles never exploded on air over targets (MMA Hellfire doesnt have any proximity fuzze, it detonates on impact).

Didnt test the TOW, but the same applies, it explodes by direct impact against targets, ground, structures, etc.

There are only two reasons to have any MMA missile configured for direct impact detonating on air:

1 - A2 engine removes it. This happens after 'n" seconds after launch, 'n' is the configured life time of the missile configured in the corresponding missile addon. BIS Hellfire is configured with 20 secs of "life" (timeToLive = 20).

2 - An external script removes the missile for some reason (with external I mean outside of MMA).

All my tests were performed with vanilla A2. You might try without ACE and see if this still happens to you.

Edited by Mandoble

I like flares sistem in your mod ! :) Its possibly you release jast (flares sistem) script? :icon_rolleyes: Standart flares sistem ArmaII no good :( only the visual effect :mad: Many players will thank you! :D

To the best of my knowledge, the intelligence is in the missiles, not in the flares with MMA, so unless you are only interested in the visuals, I do not think you will get results of the same quality with a hypothetical "flares-only" script.

Keshman, Crusader is right, aside of the visual effects (which can be overriden with whatever script you want to use), all the logic behind MMA flares is inside MMA missiles. Flares only would have no effect at all, aside of the visuals.

---------- Post added at 10:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:15 AM ----------

The camera does not seem lockable beyond 3km range. In this case it is extremely hard to keep the camera on target due to the way the camera is moved with the mouse.

Second thing i noticed is that the hellfire can be steered SACLOS which is fine, and then locked on the fly which is also fine, but once lock is released cannot be steered again SACLOS style, making multi targetting hard.

True, MMA Hellfire TV range is limited to 3Km (I can increase that range at will, but probably tankers will not be quite happy at all).

And yes, you can fire and manually guide the K, but once you enslave your laser to a target you cannot switch to another or break the lock.

For these firing the laser guided Hellfire, remember that if you lock on a target, you need to keep the lock until miss or impact. If lock is broken, for example, the target moved and line of sight is obstructed, then the missile will miss. If the lock is remote, the same applies if the third party unit illuminating the target or locking on it lose the lock.

These rules dont apply to the radar guided hellfires.

maturin, All my tests were performed with vanilla A2. You might try without ACE and see if this still happens to you.

I suspect I have experienced the same thing with RPGs, actually. Given that ACE2 allows infantry to shoot at choppers with RPGs and they often seem to explode in mid-air nearby instead of disabling direct hits, I wonder if ACE2 has given gunners control over the fuses of their weapons, so that they will detonate over the target if on a course that will take the rocket harmlessly past it.

I just tested Vanilla A2, 15 RPG gunners shooting at an Abrams 150m distant. All of the rockets hit or fell slightly short, unlike in ACE where many would fly over the target, likely due to script-added dispersion. So it is possible that ACE makes rockets miss and detonates them early when they do, as seen with both tanks and helicopters as targets. Perhaps the top-down Mando Hellfires act like a rocket that is about to miss, and are thus killed by an ACE script while in the air. Incidentally, I almost never get a 100% kill rate with Mando Hellfires like you did in the test. At long range I am sometimes left wondering what happened to my rocket, and now maybe I know.

What I did notice though, is massive lag in the responsiveness of the TV camera (but not the overall game) when a missile is tracking using ACE. This does not happen without ACE.

So it IS ACE... The camera sometimes becomes completely ungovernable, making LGBs especially hard to use.

And how exactly do you SACLOS guide a Hellfire? I don't remember the TV Help mentioning it. (I may be a beta or so behind the curve, let me check.)

Edited by maturin

I too have started to see camera difficulties with MMA since the last ACE update. Although not only when a missile is tacking. Just using the camera in general I've noticed a "dip" in performance". I initially thought it was WarFX that was causing it but a bit of testing and disabling of various mod combos showed that it wasnt.

So the process of elimination tells me its a recent ACE update that is the culprit, as far as I can tell so far.

maturin, from camera you can fire before enslaving the laser to a target, as long as camera's center points to the ground, the missile will self-guide to that position, if you move the camera, the missile will follow it. When you lock the camera, the camera will self-track the locked target or ground position, but then you should not break the lock until Hellfire impacts or misses.

I dont experience any camera lag (no ACE).