Sign in to follow this  
mandoble

Mando Missile ArmA for ArmA 2

bobrock011, some addon is changing the class name of your A10, as A2 A10 is "A10", not "a10" with lowercase. Try to locate that addon and make sure you have its latest version.

Mandoble, thanks to your last advice I finally managed to solve my A10 problem. I tracked the issue to addon called Project '85 Weapons and Config that was required for DIH_African units I used in my missions. After removing it everything worked great. Now I can finally enjoy blasting everything with my A10 with style :D. I was also able to figure out how to properly use Sidewinder missiles as well.

Thanks for the help and please keep up your work with the mod. Cheers.

OK time for a couple of newb questions and I apologize if these have already been asked but this is a heck of a big thread to trawl through.

1) I would just like to know if I'm definately using the A10's 'AGM65 Ground' missiles properly as I find it extremely hard to achive a kill.

This is how I'm trying to use them....

Put helmet HUD little green cross directly on ground target (cross must be within the green ID target square).

When green cross is directly on the target then press TAB and the beeping green diamond comes up supposedly indicating a lock. Fire the missile but you must keep the green cross and the green diamind within the green square until the missile kills it.

Can someone please confirm that this is the correct usage? If there's an easier way then please tell me lol.

2) Whilst in the Apache Longbow I can't lock onto anything at all, ground or air. I strongly suspect that 'TAB' isn't working for some weird reason. Not had this problem with any other aircraft though.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Thank You. :)

I thought the AGM65 ground locked on to the ground wherever you fired it, and you're supposed to use the other setting.

Anyways, if I die and load, the Mando HUD disappears even though the game thinks it's still running. I have the action menu options but not way to lock on to anything. This makes any air mission a one-shot deal.

mando i was implenting the airsupport nodlg and found that what ever aircraft i was using the simple bombrun keeps missing targets like 2 clicks out (tried the console and supprisingly it had the same problem)

same problem no occurs with the CAS option in the console they miss targets around 1 click

i didnt touch any scripts besides my setup

Edited by supergruntsb78

Freebie, it seems you are using ground mode, which is intended to be used to attack ground positions or stopped vehicles that cannot be locked on. To be able to lock on vehicles directly, these must have their engines on. So, if they are stopped, your best option might be to use the maverick camera, instead of HUD ground mode.

Maturin, I will have a look at that save/load issue for next beta.

supergruntsb78, this might happen if the attacking planes cannot maneouver or align well with the target in time. Are you testing that with the default demo mission included in the pack? In your setup you are using GLT_Falcon_lg_cap, which tends to roll a lot and overcompensate in the turns when handled by AI, have you tried with normal AV8B?

HI Mandobole,

chapeau for you hard and incredible beautiful work for arma !!!!

I've tried to read between the post here, but I dont understand how to configure all of your keys.

Each time I enter under Mando management my keys are useless.

I've look at your instructions, and there are info only for 4 keys config under action settings... where are the others ?

PS: sry for my idiot question, just the want to use your addons in its beautiful aspect... due my bad english language I've not find help here !!!

qawa1967, what other keys are you talking about? The HUD system uses 4 + (1 in some special cases). The configuration to change permanently the keys is described here

Basically, from user action 16 to 20 you enter the sequence A, B and C, followed by the desired key for the corresponding MMA HUD function. The only key that is not reconfigurable this way is the lock on one, which is always the key configured for A2 "Lock targets" (TAB by default).

supergruntsb78, this might happen if the attacking planes cannot maneouver or align well with the target in time. Are you testing that with the default demo mission included in the pack? In your setup you are using GLT_Falcon_lg_cap, which tends to roll a lot and overcompensate in the turns when handled by AI, have you tried with normal AV8B?

yes i tried the AV8B in the demo mission and same result all bombs miss the targets by a long shot (the demo mission is not altered in any way only pure form and the target was a static building ) also the CAS planes missed the targets by a mile

i will try some more (aproach vectors and height) options to see if its just a incident or if there is realy some problem

edit : well tried several options and it works, althoug the console was more accurate in arma 1 (maybe i am spoiled with arma 1) the AB choppers where set in a open clearing but landed between the buildings (demo mission) so chopper accuracy could defintly be a little more precise

but yet still a good job on delivering us all this support and yes i still love you and still want to marry you and yes we can have babys it whould be my honuor :P (althoug my wife might object :P)

Edited by supergruntsb78

I am getting some odd error at start of mission:

MANDO_MISSILEATTACKER.SQF NULLUNIT PROVIDED

Any idea what might be causeing it and how to fix it?

Hi Mandoble

Ive been using your console and I have to say its fantastic. A quick note. If your in the recon view and there are vehicles on fire below you hear the flames extremely loud. I would think you shouldnt hear anything other than the jet noise no matter what.

I am getting some odd error at start of mission:

MANDO_MISSILEATTACKER.SQF NULLUNIT PROVIDED

Any idea what might be causeing it and how to fix it?

When this happens to me it normally means you forgot to define a Launcher in your mission. In this case I called it "pat1".

Example:

if (isServer) then

{

// SAMs antimissile-capable for pat1

[pat1, 3, ["Air"], 6, 500, 2000, 16, [0,0,3], 360, 0, [east,sideEnemy], true, false, true, false, 85]exec"mando_missiles\units\attackers\mando_arma2.sqs";

};

Thanks vengeance1, actually I do have 2 MLRS units that are used as artillery and part of GL4.

I want to use them only as artillery with GL4. So how I do define them in mission?

Thanks.

Is there a trick to using CCIP? My bombs fall very short sometimes.

Freebie, it seems you are using ground mode, which is intended to be used to attack ground positions or stopped vehicles that cannot be locked on. To be able to lock on vehicles directly, these must have their engines on. So, if they are stopped, your best option might be to use the maverick camera, instead of HUD ground mode.

Thanks Mando all sorted now :) BTW the readme file says that the Longbow AH-64D has Sidewinders but I don't get that option when scrolling through the weapons. Just hellfires, remote and nav.

Freebie, start as pilot of AH64D, stopped near an ammo truck, you will see a rearm action menu, activate it. Now click on truck with the mouse poiner, select the sidewinder configuration and click rearm.

maturin, for CCIP try to have the minimum roll factor you can and a very slight dive.

gunterlund21, I'm not controllong how loud the external sounds are played when in camera. I can lower the volume, but this would affect to all the sounds, including warning ones.

maturin, for CCIP try to have the minimum roll factor you can and a very slight dive.

I am diving, usually, and the line only oscillates 100m or so with very little roll.

Does the targeting line become inaccurate at low altitudes? I have dropped 6 of the AV-8's bombs, keeping the targeting line on the enemy by increasing my dive, only to have the entire salvo fall 500m short.

Very slight dive (if any) and no roll if possible.

You are executing that script (probably from your init.sqf) passing as first parameter the name of a non-existant unit. Might be you removed the originally used name, or changed its name.

Freebie, start as pilot of AH64D, stopped near an ammo truck, you will see a rearm action menu, activate it. Now click on truck with the mouse poiner, select the sidewinder configuration and click rearm.

Thanks Mando! And this is a fantastic mod if I haven't already said so. :)

You are executing that script (probably from your init.sqf) passing as first parameter the name of a non-existant unit. Might be you removed the originally used name, or changed its name.

I have only added 2 MLRS which are used by GL4. Should I name these 2 units in init field somewhere?

If I remove them the error is gone :confused:

Captain Bravo, open your init.sqf, look there for mando_missileattacker.sqf and copy here that line including also 10 lines before this one.

It seems that when I have Mando on, I cannot switch to a certain weapon (always being a type of missile).

When Mando is not on it doesn't do that though.

Snyder, if MMA HUD is ON, then guided weapons (and also CCIP free fall bombs) are selected via HUD mode (by default the key is L-CTRL). For more info about usage check the online help or included pdf, go to the HUD section.

It seems that when I have Mando on, I cannot switch to a certain weapon (always being a type of missile).

When Mando is not on it doesn't do that though.

That is intended. The weapons are not selectable because you should use the Mando missile firing methods.

Ive got some questions also... I have A LOT of mods loaded simultaniously and it often happens that the Mando camera screen targeting lags behind, so it is impossible to target anything. Im guessing its just too many scripts running at once and there is nothing to fix?

2nd... will the Phalanx someday be able to intercept things smaller than a plane? ;)