Sign in to follow this  
mandoble

Mando Missile ArmA for ArmA 2

For single players games it is useful for pilot to have full control of weapon systems. Mando systems already allow this.

But the Pilot can't control the gun with his head movement.

That's what I mean by "full control".

yes i was alwyas using mma and just updated ..

That is really wierd then. I would remove all mma and mma_xeh folders and reinstall it again.

Check that there are no other old mando_missiles.pbo anywhere.

Once you get it going you will be VERY VERY impressed.

Thanks again Mandoble as this looks extremely promising and fits right into the needs of a current mission.

Sorry to cross post, but is there any way to increase the Torpedo damage used with Gnat's subs?

froggyluv I think these torpedoes are configured inside the subs addon, so you cannot change their warheads from an external script. The best option would be to have Gnat changing the warheads used and a new release of the subs.

Ok, understood.

Damn man, this new console is the freakin sh*t!!! Your stuff never seizes to amaze me and thanks for giving us like 3 more games within Arma2

:confused::yay:

Abso-bloody-lutely! I have combined it with gonza and l'etranger's Virtual Training Space and it is beautiful. A full theatre of war at our fingertips.

how do you get the bombs console working

keep getting an error no AirSupportDlg

monkfish, make sure you have installed correctly mando missile addon and that you are starting up ArmA2 using it, that's all what that console mission requires. Check the online read me or the included pdf for installation instructions.

got it working, thanks

is there any way to use it with just the scripts and not the addon?

With MMA in script script suite version, also included in the pack.

got it working again, thanks

absolutely brilliant, loved it in arma 1, now to do some misions

Im trying to set up a mission where the player has to be an ACE Special forces FAC operator to use the console ("ACE_SF_FR_AC"). For multiplayer how to I set it up in the init.sqf to check for this. doI use the universal console allowance?

Also

Second question. Can you make it so choppers/aircraft in the mission will be the aircraft called in by the console or does it always spawn the aircraft. ie have the helos start at a base then come in when called?

Edited by gunterlund21

gunterlund21, the console spawns all the choppers, planes, vehicles, soldiers and missiles.

And yes, use the universal console allowance:

// init.sqf

// ...
// Wait for Mando Missile addon or script suite initialization 
waitUntil {!isNil "mando_missile_init_done"};
waitUntil {mando_missile_init_done};

[]spawn
{
  while {!alive player} do
  {
     Sleep 1;
  };
  // Override any console globals here if needed

// Console activation condition
  ["MMA Air Support Console", {typeOf player == "ACE_SF_FR_AC"}] execVM"mando_missiles\mando_bombs\mando_giveme_console.sqf";
};

First of all big thanks to Mandoble for continuing amazing work... I need to plan my time so I can enjoy all the goodness of the last update.. its massive and great.

My question is to all users: I still do not have any Mando Missile stuff working on A10.... no HUD, no LGB camera option, no Rearm option... nothing. Every other supported plane/heli works just fine and Mando system initialize just fine, but for A10 nothing. I am using A10 with the same class name, not STI or ACE version. I reinstalled the Arma2, regularly updated to new versions of this mod and still nothing. What's going on here?!?! Did anyone have this problem before or any ideas how to fix this? Much obliged.

First of all big thanks to Mandoble for continuing amazing work... I need to plan my time so I can enjoy all the goodness of the last update.. its massive and great.

My question is to all users: I still do not have any Mando Missile stuff working on A10.... no HUD, no LGB camera option, no Rearm option... nothing. Every other supported plane/heli works just fine and Mando system initialize just fine, but for A10 nothing. I am using A10 with the same class name, not STI or ACE version. I reinstalled the Arma2, regularly updated to new versions of this mod and still nothing. What's going on here?!?! Did anyone have this problem before or any ideas how to fix this? Much obliged.

Thats strange -just tried it and it works fine here. :confused:

Any other mods your running?

Thats strange -just tried it and it works fine here. :confused:

Any other mods your running?

yes: ACE, ACEX, CBA, CBA\rsync, JTD (fire and smoke)

I did try running the Mando mod without ANY other mod, but still same sad

result. I even tried with script_suite method and even one of the missions on Utes that is included with the mod in download, and still A10 (a10.pbo with a10.pbo.bi.bisign in the addon folder) does not initialize Mando systems. I'm lost here. Thanks for reply.

bobrock011, open a new mission in the editor, add a single A10 there and into its init field put:

hint format["%1\n\n%2", typeOf this, weapons this]

Then copy here the exact returned message (case sensitive).

mando my friend :bounce3: again great job on providing us with the ultimate airsupporty and missile support

i realy love this stuff

i did notice that the evac chopper flys in, then lands, shuts down his engines and after a small while it restarts the engines and takes off i dont know if this was done deliberately or if its a bug or if its something you cant change bu i touight i let you know (i dont mind as long as my team can get the hell out of dodge when needed)

EDIT : Never mind the question below i just tried it and it worked like a charm

but again i noticed your evac chopper has only one occupant and so its unarmed and troops boarding go and sit in the front chair (i need a second pilot (first cargo slot occupied) and a gunner onboard)

do i change that just like the arma 1 version (i asked the same question there) or does it need more ?

for people who whould like to do this here is the code

Open mando_airsupportdlg.sqf (for the airsupport console) or mando_airsupport_nodlg.sqf (when you want the choppers to come in on triggers or action menu) and look for case "CALL_EVAC":

Few lines below you will find:

_driver = _group createUnit [_utype,[0,0,30], [], 0, "FORM"];

_driver setskill 0.5;

_driver setCombatMode "BLUE";

_driver setBehaviour "CARELESS";

_driver setRank "CORPORAL";

_group selectLeader _driver;

_driver moveInDriver _plane;

below that code, add the following code:

if ((_plane emptyPositions "Gunner") > 0) then

{

_driver setskill 0.1;

_driver setRank "PRIVATE";

_driver moveInGunner _plane;

};

_driver setskill 0.1;

_driver setRank "PRIVATE";

_driver moveInCargo _plane;

Below these lines look for:

[_group, 2] setWaypointStatements ["count crew (vehicle this) > 1", "(vehicle this) flyinHeight 100"];

And change it by:

[_group, 2] setWaypointStatements ["count crew (vehicle this) > 3", "(vehicle this) flyinHeight 100"];

> 3 assuming you have a gunner and an extra cargo. > 2 if only the gunner is added (gunner + pilot)

Also, few lines lower, look for:

[_group, 5] setWaypointStatements ["count crew (vehicle this) < 2", "(vehicle this) flyinHeight 100"];

And chanbe by:

[_group, 5] setWaypointStatements ["count crew (vehicle this) < 4", "(vehicle this) flyinHeight 100"];

< 4 assuming you have a gunner and an extra cargo.< 3 if only the gunner is added (gunner + pilot).

Edited by supergruntsb78

supergruntsb78, I will make this configurable via globals for next beta. ATM it is this way to maximize the free space for evacuation and to avoid having the chopper engaging enemy troops instead of focusing in the evacuation route.

great :bounce3:

i got a small problem i set up the console in a mission of mine including several options in setup & info, all settings are working just fine but i can't select any options and no info is showing

i used a copy of your my_console_setup i have posted it here to see if anything is wrong ..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

my_console_setup.sqf

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sleep 1;
mando_airsupport_type = "GLT_Falcon_lg_mk82";
mando_airsupport_type_rc = "MQ9PredatorB";
mando_reco_cam_pos = [0,3,-2];
mando_airsupport_cmissile = ship1;
mando_airsupport_type_ev = "ad_mh60k_black"
mando_airsupport_type_pal = "ou_ch_53d"
mando_airsupport_type_cp = "GLT_Falcon_lg_cap"

mando_airsupport_rec_captive = true
mando_airsupport_armedrec = false;
mando_airsupport_armedrec_man = false; // Set it to true for manual guidance for missiles fired from armed reco planes
mando_airsupport_armedrec_max = 8;
mando_airsupport_bomb_altmax = 1000;
mando_ingress_dir = 45;
mando_airsupport_bomb_alt = 150;
mando_airsupport_cmissile_pos = [0,-4, 1];
mando_airsupport_cmissile_alt = 300;

mando_airsupport_jump = false; // reinforcements and airborne assault will land and disembark instead of jump from chopper.

mando_support_no_cas = false;
mando_support_no_br = false;
mando_support_no_ff = false;
mando_support_no_sa = false;
mando_support_no_gs = false;
mando_support_no_ab = false;
mando_support_no_cm = false;
mando_support_no_sat = false;
mando_support_no_rc = false;
mando_support_no_ev = false;
mando_support_no_la = false;
mando_support_no_am = false;
mando_support_no_ve = false;
mando_support_no_re = false;
mando_support_no_cp = false;
mando_support_no_cb = false;

// Info text displayed in the setup / info dialog (this is an structured text)
mando_airsupport_info = "Mission info: <br />Try altitudes between 190 and 250m for carpet bombing using AV8B.<br /><br /><t color='#ff0000'>Objetive:</t><br />Eliminate enemy presence at Elektrozavodsk<br />Try also the support options available for this mission (all the setup is into init.sqf script).<br /><t color='#ffAA00'>If you destroy the radar tower near your initial position, comms will be lost.</t><br /><br />Note that the options you see below are fully customizable using globals (same as this text block), check online help for more info.";

// Setup dialog options 1, 2 and 3, dont set any of these variables if you dont want special options
mando_airsupport_opt1_text = "Gunships support type";
mando_airsupport_opt1_array = ["AH1Z", "A10"];
mando_airsupport_opt1_action = 
{
  private["_item"];
  _item = _this select 0;
  mando_airsupport_type_ca = _item;
};

mando_airsupport_opt2_text = "Reinforcements type";
mando_airsupport_opt2_array = ["Normal","QRF","Heavy MG","Engineers"];
mando_airsupport_opt2_action = 
{
  private["_item"];
  _item = _this select 0;
  switch (_item) do
  {
     case "Normal":
     {
        mando_support_infantrytype_re = ["USMC_Soldier_TL", "USMC_Soldier_Medic", "USMC_Soldier_AT","USMC_Soldier","USMC_Soldier","USMC_Soldier","USMC_Soldier","USMC_Soldier","USMC_Soldier","USMC_Soldier"];
     };

case "QRF":
     {
        mando_support_infantrytype_re = ["SJB_SFSG_TL", "SJB_SFSG_ATL", "SJB_SFSG_MG","SJB_SFSG_AMG","SJB_SFSG_GL","SJB_SFSG_MED","SJB_SFSG_GL","SJB_SFSG_GL"];
     };

case "Heavy MG":
     {
        mando_support_infantrytype_re = ["USMC_Soldier_TL", "USMC_Soldier_Medic", "USMC_Soldier_MG","USMC_Soldier_MG","USMC_Soldier","USMC_Soldier","USMC_Soldier","USMC_Soldier","USMC_Soldier","USMC_Soldier"];
     };

case "Engineers":
     {
        mando_support_infantrytype_re = ["USMC_Soldier_TL", "USMC_Soldier_Medic", "USMC_SoldierS_Engineer","USMC_SoldierS_Engineer","USMC_SoldierS_Engineer","USMC_SoldierS_Engineer","USMC_SoldierS_Engineer","USMC_SoldierS_Engineer","USMC_SoldierS_Engineer","USMC_SoldierS_Engineer"];
     };
  };
};

mando_airsupport_opt3_text = "Vehicle supply type";
mando_airsupport_opt3_array = ["HMMWV", "MTVR","MtvrRepair","M119"];
mando_airsupport_opt3_action = 
{
  private["_item"];
  _item = _this select 0;
  mando_airsupport_type_vehicle = _item;
};

mando_airsupport_opt4_text = "Ammo supply options";
mando_airsupport_opt4_array = ["Normal west", "Silenced","Heavy AT"];
mando_airsupport_opt4_action = 
{
  private["_item"];
  _item = _this select 0;
  switch (_item) do
  {
     case "Normal west":
     {
        mando_airsupport_magz = [];
        mando_airsupport_weap = [];
     };

case "Silenced":
     {
        mando_airsupport_magz = [["30Rnd_556x45_StanagSD", 20],["15Rnd_9x19_M9SD", 20]];
        mando_airsupport_weap = [["M4A1_AIM_SD_camo", 10],["M9SD", 10]];
     };

case "Heavy AT":
     {
        mando_airsupport_magz = [["Javelin", 3],["M136",9]];
        mando_airsupport_weap = [["Javelin", 3],["M136",3]];
     };
  }; 
};

// End of options setup dialog configuration

// Carpet bombing custom code global variable for AV8B
mando_airsupport_carpetcode = 
{
  private["_plane", "_targetpos", "_widx"];
  _plane = _this select 0;
  _targetpos = _this select 1;
  while {(([getPos _plane select 0, getPos _plane select 1, 0] distance _targetpos) > 2000) && (alive _plane)} do
  {
     Sleep 1;
  };

if (alive _plane) then
  {
     _widx = [_plane, "BombLauncher"] call mando_weaponindex;
     for [{_i=0}, {_i<6}, {_i=_i+1}] do
     {
        _plane action ["useWeapon",_plane,driver _plane, _widx];
        Sleep 0.4;
     };
  };
};

and here is my init.sqf

waitUntil {!isNil {BIS_ACM getVariable "initDone"}};
waitUntil {BIS_ACM getVariable "initDone"};
//Sets frequency and number of patrols (0-1). BIS_ACM is module name
[1, BIS_ACM] call BIS_ACM_setIntensityFunc; 
//min max spawn distance
[bIS_ACM, 500, 1000] call BIS_ACM_setSpawnDistanceFunc;
//factions to be spawned
[["INS", "CDF", "USMC"], BIS_ACM] call BIS_ACM_setFactionsFunc;
//Skill range for spawned units
[0, 0.2, BIS_ACM] call BIS_ACM_setSkillFunc;
//Amount of ammo spawned units possess
[0.2, 0.5, BIS_ACM] call BIS_ACM_setAmmoFunc;
//Type of patrol. With 0 meaning no chance of appearing, and 1 meaning 100% chance. -1 removes patrol type completely.
["ground_patrol", 1, BIS_ACM] call BIS_ACM_setTypeChanceFunc;
["air_patrol", 0.1, BIS_ACM] call BIS_ACM_setTypeChanceFunc; 

// Wait for Mando Missile addon initialization 
waitUntil {!isNil "mando_missile_init_done"};
waitUntil {mando_missile_init_done};

if (isServer) then
{
// Radar for SAM emplacement
  [radar1, "my_radar1", 9000]execVM"mando_missiles\units\mando_radar.sqf";

// AI units setup

_posunit = 3;
  _ttype = ["Air"];
  _quantity = 24;
  _minrange = 100;
  _maxrange = 9000;
  _rof = 5;
  _pos = [0, 0 ,1, 2]; // <<<<- Model position + radious
  _scan = 360;
  _mink = 0;
  _enemies = [east,sideEnemy];

// Weak AI SAMs with "weak missiles" attached to radar1 tower as main radar
  _disp = sam_one; // <<<<- This is the AI SAM unit
  [_disp, _posunit, _ttype, _quantity, _minrange, _maxrange, _rof, _pos, _scan, _mink, _enemies, false, false, true, true, 45, "my_radar1"]exec"mando_missiles\units\attackers\mando_hawk.sqs";

Sleep 1;
  _disp = sam_two; // <<<<- This is the AI SAM unit
  [_disp, _posunit, _ttype, _quantity, _minrange, _maxrange, _rof, _pos, _scan, _mink, _enemies, false, false, true, true, 45, "my_radar1"]exec"mando_missiles\units\attackers\mando_hawk.sqs";

Sleep 1;
  _disp = sam_three; // <<<<- This is the AI SAM unit

_disp = sam_four; // <<<<- This is the AI SAM unit

_disp = sam_five; // <<<<- This is the AI SAM unit

_disp = sam_six; // <<<<- This is the AI SAM unit

_disp = sam_seven; // <<<<- This is the AI SAM unit

_disp = sam_eight; // <<<<- This is the AI SAM unit
};

[] execVM "bon_artillery\bon_arti_init.sqf";

[helo1] execVM "scripts\heloGoTo\heloGoTo_init.sqf";
//[helo2] execVM "scripts\heloGoTo\heloGoTo_init.sqf";
//[helo3] execVM "scripts\heloGoTo\heloGoTo_init.sqf";

// For extraction action at start-up
//player setVariable ["NORRN_FR_gotoHeli", helo3, true];

//NORRN_aerialTaxiRespawnOff = true;
//NORRN_noAerialTaxiAtStart = true;

[] execVM "my_console_setup.sqf";

Missing ; in mando_airsupport_rec_captive = true

Also remember that A2 AI tend to crash frequently (almost always) with "MQ9PredatorB"

Edit:

LOL, with so many SAMs in the init I doubt any air support unit will survive to reach any destination ;) (or are these friendlies?)

Edited by Mandoble

the sams are friendly and only there to protect the airport / us base from Ambient combat module air patrols (they tend to hit my base very often with chopper attacks :rage: )

what only a couple of missing ; 's can do to a mission

i was missing more of them besides the one you pointed out (see the setup for the vehicles at the start of the file :( )

the question asked before has been deleted as its no longer needed as i found out the hard way

man i got to quit doing the same thing i am always blaming my wife for ....... asking without trying :(

edit again :

is there a way to turn off the sidechat messages about aircraft firing missiles etc.

"1-1-k-1 fox 5 5 missiles left" or the "same_one switching on MCC"

Edited by supergruntsb78

Mandoble, I did what you said and this is the message I got:

a10

["GAU8","MaverickLauncher","SidewinderLaucher_AH1Z","BombLauncherA10","FFARLauncher_14"]

This was done having only @CBA and @mma, @mma_xex on. I also got the same message with the ACE on. If you look at the message it said "SidewinderLaucher_AH1Z" - that's not my typo, its actually like that in the message. One more question: is it normal that when using your mod, I can not select certain weapons by pressing "F" key ? For example, on most planes no matter what HUD mod I select, I do not have access to Sidewinder missiles? Any ideas?

I really appreciate your time helping me with this. Cheers.

bobrock011, some addon is changing the class name of your A10, as A2 A10 is "A10", not "a10" with lowercase. Try to locate that addon and make sure you have its latest version.