Sign in to follow this  
mandoble

Mando Missile ArmA for ArmA 2

Mando, I think your mod is great. I try to use it for all SP scenarios. :)

But...I have an error that keeps coming up. It comes up on opening editor with Duala: I get - No entry 'bin\config.bin/cfgmodels.default'. I also get this error with other maps when AI engage and there a kill. It only happens once and then the rest of the time its okay.

I've stripped down the mods to r:\@ramd;@cba;@duala;@mma; because I thought it was an ACE2 issue - its still there.. but not when I take out @mma.

Can you give me some advice? Thank you.:o

It seems this happens when loading duala and mma. Does it happen for you without duala and any of the BIS islands? The good news is that all MMA functionality works fine, the bad news is that I dont know the reason of the message yet. Removing mando_turret (the pahalanx turret) from MMA eliminates the message, but all mando turret configuration seems to be ok.

What a rapid response......like a speeding missile..---->ooooooo> :)

Happened this evening with Sahrani (on Editor)... but only when there is shooting and something gets hit??

Do you know of any way to recreate this message with utes or cher?

Hello Mandoble.

I have one request for you, can you add to your @MMA folder the file ".version.txt" with actual version ?

I have script on server which is looking to this file for version of ACE mods, so i am able to automaticaly update first motd message (in "server.cfg") on our server with all necessary mods and theyrs versions.

It would be nice to have this option in @MMA too, just like is in ACE.

BTW, the HUD display and external camera for ACE lift is great, very very thank you for that.

content of file @MMA\.version.txt would be looking like this:

2.4b41
Edited by Anunnaki Nibiru

Lovely addon Mando the one gripe I have atm is that the Kuznetsov seems to be totally incapable of defending itself...... The Phalanx dont seem to be able to hit anything... and every single missile gets spoofed by the flares it seems. Ive tried playing this mission several times but it never seems to be able to hit anything and the fire rate seems a bit slow. Other than this gripe loving it so fars... especially the A-10 HUD and subhunting two thumbs fresh!

Hi there Mandoble, just wanted to post my first impression of using Mando Missiles on top of my usual addon collection: using Kronsky's Moveable Target Range Mission the Utes template, I noticed that Mando Missiles worked right away and exactly as described in the readme.

After putting a helicopter and a tank on the far end of the airstrip, I selected first a Strela 2 to shoot at the heli and then a first a METIS and during the second test a Javelin to kill the tank. Both launcher weapons were fully functioning Mando-wise, i.e. the Strela had the sonic tracking noise and all the buttons (lock target etc.) worked. Also the Javelin worked in all firemodes just as described. And the METIS was steerable perfectly well; I hit a moving tank 800m away.

BUT: obviously, neither the projectile tracking scripts of Kronsky's Mission nor the sight adjustment from 31st MEU were working. Although I had the sight adjustment numbers shown and although I could change them, they didn't have any effect on the sniper rifles anymore. Also, not even regular bullets like BIS rifle rounds were tracked anymore with bullet cam.

I did not test it in a regular mission, but I think the editor is good enough to show me what addons don't "like" each other.

Hopefully my report was useful somehow, if not, please tell me if there is any specific form of error report you prefer, so I might help more by testing it in the way you suggest.

tourist

Anunnaki, no problem adding that file.

touristo, for sure I will have a look at that. Got a question, did you notice that problem after using any MMA system or also before using them in the same test mission.

wolfbite is there any other addon that might be interfering with the Phalanx? Because in all my tests it is extremely deadly, almost a shot, a hit.

Anunnaki, no problem adding that file.

wolfbite is there any other addon that might be interfering with the Phalanx? Because in all my tests it is extremely deadly, almost a shot, a hit.

seams to be only problematic in MP on fast moving planes or choppers, of course very fast missiles wont be hit then.

Stoned

Edited by Stoned

Hi Mando,

Does non player choppers and planes drop automatically flares if they where under fire (missiles) like in RKL. I havent noted it right now.

Tino

tBuck:

Its under testing AFAIK. So it might appear soon when Mando is happy with it. Im using ACE with MMA so i get auto counter measures with AI from that. And they do get away with it when in motion. Hovering i think ive read might get them killed a bit more often than they should (only what ive heared. Didnt test yet myself).

Hi Mando,

Does non player choppers and planes drop automatically flares if they where under fire (missiles) like in RKL. I havent noted it right now.

Tino

Well in the AA/Javelin/Metis test mission they are dropping flares whenever I shoot an Igla/Strela/Stinger at them

Hello again Mandoble,

as you suggested, I tested the Target Range Mission again and indeed: BEFORE firing a Mando Missile, everything worked fine.

AFTER firing a Stinger or a Javelin, the sight adjustment mod ceased function and the ranges' bullet tracking feature didn't work anymore.

Hope that gives you some directions,

touristo

Of course TBuck, but in latest beta AI is less "expert" dropping flares, so the distance between missile and target to get aware of the missile is reduced, and the maximum reaction time increased (time between missile detection and flares being effectively dropped), both limits are also dependant on pilot's skill, increase it and pilot's survival chances will increase too.

Good info touristo, hopefully next beta (targetted for next weekend) will not interfere with these bullet tracking scripts.

Hi.

First off this is a fine fine addon/script. Made me come back for some more casual and immersive mission in the helicopter seat ( a break from DCS Black Shark).

I have a question and a problem though:

1: I Use the addon version that autoinits, but for some reason i do no longer get the white squares on enemy vehices when i roll over them with my monocle display, and have them in the center circle. I am flying the apache, and well it used to work, now it does not. I use ACE2 mod. MMA inits good and all in all other purposes.

2: Is there a way to fire the cannon at the locked target instead of the hellfire in the hellfire cam? Or a way to mod this in easily? Because it would spare me from using any other addons for pilot gunnery - as i am here for the thrills not the realism :)

Cheers

My pilot (Player) keeps repeating MOVE 50 METERS or Whatever over and over again and he wont shut up! What the hell is this?

Pexmo, I have no problems with the white squares and located engine-on targets.

About the gun, you might use a mando gun lite, same as with the C130.

Karimloo, no idea, I would say unrelated to MMA.

@Mandoble:

When using an AH-64D I cannot see the popping up radar (resolution 1280x1024). Is it possible to change the position for the radar?

Do you mean that you cannot see it because it is not there, or that it is obscured by the monocle rings? If the second, no problem, order of the controls is shorted so that radar is in top of everything (wait for tomorrow's beta).

Do you mean that you cannot see it because it is not there, or that it is obscured by the monocle rings? If the second, no problem, order of the controls is shorted so that radar is in top of everything (wait for tomorrow's beta).

Thanks for your answer and your fantastic mod.

I can only see the left side of the forward looking radar. The rest is off screen.

Found the bug (or not) if you hold onto Up F7 on the Hellfire Camera, he'll continue like if I hold LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL over and over again.

Fix maybe?

Yes Karimloo, while if the pilot is human, you dont need to hit UP/DOWN buttons, just tell him to go higher/lower.