Sign in to follow this  
mandoble

Mando Missile ArmA for ArmA 2

This assumption is wrong, Cyborg11 is doing some things with ACE. Anyway I'm trying to figure out what are you trying to implement, and I think it is not doable/useful.
Than sorry for my mistake ( both Mando/Cyborg ).
If you are talking about a camera for the pilot to be able to aim better to what is below the chopper, then there is a problem, while you are in TV camera mode you cannot control the chopper.

Well that was exactly what i was thinking, but when it is not possible, than OK. But maybe it can be enought withouth controling the helicopter, when it switch to the camera only to check where he is. But this would be better activated on key pressed down.

Might be you are looking for something more like Mando Hitch, where the pilot has a specialized HUD from where he can see where his chopper is and where is the closest potential cargo. Note that Mandohitch is not yet ported to A2 and it is also unrelated to MMA.

Yeas, that is second alternative. The point is ... RAV=ACE lifter is here and is very nice ... so i preffer to stay there. But we need to have "external camera" or "lift navigation" implemented to the "mando navigation HUD" ... that would be perfect.

Thank you for response and interrest.

---------- Post added at 19:48 ---------- Previous post was at 19:45 ----------

I use RAV lifter a lot, and i don`t have problems with the hud ,in a MP i use a friend to guide me to the "object , lot of fun tough :p

And in real life i think they are not using a hud or cam, but they use ppl on the ground and in the copper if i am right(?) when i see some video`s.

its just some practice with it.

Than connect with your ground navigator to our server, and try pickup some wrecks :), where no-one know, where is "middle"="lift spot" of object/wreck. I am not saying that i can't do that ... but 5 to 15minutes to catch wreck , when transport time is abou 30seconf, si too much for 2 people "playing with lift" :).

In real they ofcourse use:

a) external cameras

b) the ground operators "catch the cable and connect them to the object"

So in real life there is not real need to navigate the pilot where he should to be exactly on spot 20x20 cm.

Edited by Anunnaki Nibiru

Having a MMA MMC TV camera (without assigned weapon) able to point down to help you to see where are you aiming at is quite simple to add. I guess this is for some ACE chopper classes, so might be Cyborg will want to add these for the next beta (tomorrow?).

And now lets try to keep on topic.

Edited by Mandoble

mandoble I tried this for the first time just yesterday....hellfire camera...then I've turned off my pc,cant stay the whole night on it...but...does it contains infrared vision and other stuff like that?cos in the cobra I saw just the hud and that camera,with its awesome audio effects

Having a MMA MMC TV camera (without assigned weapon) able to point down to help you to see where are you aiming at is quite simple to add. I guess this is for some ACE chopper classes, so might be Cyborg will want to add these for the next beta (tomorrow?).

And last but not least: The co-pilot can only have access to the camera so he can navigate the pilot but the pilot can control his chopper with the active camera :D

Or should the pilot have the camera too?

I just wanted to comment that you guys are awesome in the making of MMA. Thank you from 10thsfg.org and jsoc-gamer.org.

Hey,first thanks for this great addon.

I like it very much and it gives me a big fun.

But i have a Problem or a Question.

If i am in a Tunguska as Gunner vs a Human Player in A10 attacking me.

We both have to use the MMA system to fight.

But if i switch to commanderseat and let my ai as gunner i can easy tab the A10

and click left mousebutton and kill the A10.

The other player in the A10 has no ai gunner.

What can i do ?

Iam not good into scripting i only put the MMA Logic in the editor.

>>Here<< is the small testmission.

I hope that iam totaly wrong..... ;)

Good point Muecke, I will see what can be done related to commanders and the TAB.

Good point Muecke, I will see what can be done related to commanders and the TAB.

Nice to see that you will do something to help.

I think this is tricky cause i still can get out of my Tunguska.

Press key F2 for ma ai gunner ,press key 2 to choose A10 from Targetlist

and let the ai kill the poore Pilot anyway...

i dont have a freak´n idea if this is possible :rolleyes:

but if you can solve this would be a awesome move :pray:

Greetz

Muecke

And last but not least: The co-pilot can only have access to the camera so he can navigate the pilot but the pilot can control his chopper with the active camera :D

I think that both can have access to the camera. As the Mandoo pointed out, the pilot would be not able to control helicopter, when he have external camera on, so this external camera can be avaible to both.

Anyway, i think that the best solution would be to do all this:

a) add simple external camera to the pilot/copilot ( they can check theyr position above object )

b) make the "lift spot" far more bigger, where would be enought to be +-1,5m around object, perhaps necessary only to "touch" object with end of ropes

c) completly remove "Lift Up/Lay Down" functionality from helicopter crew, and add it to the someone (=ground operator), who is 0,5m away from object and end of ropes too.

So, pilot would be able to lift/lay down objects ONLY with help from ground operator, he alone would be able do only "DEPLOY/DROP cargo ropes" and "emergency release". And this whole does not take more then 1minute, like in real life.

And for Mandoble:

First, sorry for "hijacking" this thread.

Second, i think you have wrong command in your online manual for "re-equip" ammo-trucks:

ammo_truck setVehicleVar ["mando_source_level", 100];

it should be:

ammo_truck setVariable ["mando_source_level", 100];

am i right ?

Edited by Anunnaki Nibiru

I think that both can have access to the camera. As the Mandoo pointed out, the pilot would be not able to control helicopter, when he have external camera on, so this external camera can be avaible to both.

Anyway, i think that the best solution would be to do all this:

a) add simple external camera to the pilot/copilot ( they can check theyr position above object )

b) make the "lift spot" far more bigger, where would be enought to be +-1,5m around object, perhaps necessary only to "touch" object with end of ropes

c) completly remove "Lift Up/Lay Down" functionality from helicopter crew, and add it to the someone (=ground operator), who is 0,5m away from object and end of ropes too.

I can do a) but for b) and c) you must write to ACE 2 ;)

The best way would be to create a new Ticket on Dev-Heaven ;)

i think only the co- pilot

So that the co-pilot give instructions to the pilot, the pilot is to bussy to fly

And to keep it on a "realistic" way :rolleyes:

Hi guys i would like to know how to add mando missile to our clan server, if got low level in editing and stuff and some off the clan members manage that.

So is there any tutorial or something on how to add it so we can play with it?

If somebody could just point me a bit of what direction i have to go to add it i would be gratefull.

Thx a lot Jaime

PD: Mando the addon is amazing keep up the good work

Edited by Jaime

Its verry easy to use ,

just look @ demo missions in the editor ,that Mando included in his addon

and dont forgot the init.sqf file :D

I am not sure if i am just stupid or there is stuff i need to add that i didn't. I put down the cobra. Sat in it. Turned it to manual fire. And i can't access the HUD. Did i miss something?

yes :

MMA Gamelogics now are under MMA Gamelogics, easier to locate from the editor

Put those on you`re map and the

// Wait for Mando Missile addon initialization .

waitUntil {!isNil "mando_missile_init_done"};

waitUntil {mando_missile_init_done};

in you`re init.sqf file and you will be fine

or read 2 post above :D

Btw , mando do you know something about warfare, ?

Sneaker, you only need to put:

in the init.sqf if you want to activate more MMA systems in your init.sqf (MCCs, AI launchers, etc). If not, you dont need to put anything there using the gamelogics.

Warfare BE works nicely with the latest beta of MMA which will be public today. I moved all the HUD to layer number 3, so it will not interfere anymore with Warfare BE cut layer.

ok, but if you want to use all . then you take gamelogics and

And in warfare BE , in wich init file do you put it ?

initJIPCompatible,

Init_Client

Or else ?

Just added the GLs to the map. Anyway Rubberkite did more testing, he might give you more details.

I can't get MMA rearm to work I launched the demo mission , I select the configuration and click on rearm vehicle , it makes a buzzing sound and then nothing ??

EDIT no it's ok I found out i must click on the rearm truck

Edited by luckyhendrix

ok, but if you want to use all . then you take gamelogics and

And in warfare BE , in wich init file do you put it ?

initJIPCompatible,

Init_Client

Or else ?

Hi mate, we are testing this, I simple add init.sqf in the warfare folder and I've added the red bars to the radars and they works fine, but we need to check if when lot of players with JIP and crashes. There could be some errors

I report here, If you want to join our warfare test with mando system you can look in the server list with filter in the host. SDT or Rubber and join the test of course with last mando beta that is planned to be pubblic in less than 1 hour :)

Mando is working hard to fine tuning and to add stuff for is suite and I'm really happy because I really like to fly/fight with mando systems!

cheers :rolleyes:

Will be ready in less than 30 mins

Edited by Mandoble

(I'm quite familiar with mma mod so I don't think that I'm causing the problems)

I've downloaded the latest version of the mod but I keep getting all sorts of bugs. At first everything seemed ok but I just couldn't hit anything, all types of missiles behaved like unguided missiles. And now(after I updated the 2.02 CBA version to 2.03), when I press F to switch the weapons I get the following:

-it skips the AIM-9 missile in the F-16

-it skips the Maverick missile in the A-10

-it skips the Hellfire missile in the AH-64

I still have this problems even if I run only the mma mod with the vanilla game(1.05).

If you have any ideas how to fix the problem please reply to my post. Thanks.

MMA 2.4B41 Ready for download ;) And dont forget to read carefully the online ReadMe.

gQ_gJTAj_cA

89N33CAFuMc

7PeAfbXrudo

2.4B41 change log:

• fixed: MCC TV flickering effect gone.
  • fixed: UH60S sonobuoys back.
  • fixed: "Is mando missile present there?" hint without reason gone.
  • Added: Lifting hud with camera added for several chopper classes.
  • Added: HMD for AH1Z.
  • Added: where is the other crew member looking at indicator for the AH64 monocle.
  • Added: XEH auto-initialization addon.
  • Added: SAM Site mission example using mando radar.
  • Changed: All HUD is moved to layer 3 to avoid interferences with other default "Cut" commands.

Some notes about MMA_XEH_AutoLaunch.pbo made by Kju:

If you have this and Extended Event Handlers it will try to self-initialize MMA in the following way:

- If the mission being played has not initialized MMA after few seconds and it is the server, it initializes MMA.

- If the mission being played has not initialized MMA after few seconds and it is a client, it initializes MMA only if the server has initialized it.

- If the server initialized it but you dont have MMA, you will see a notification every 10 seconds indicating that MMA is missing on your client.

When MMA is self initialized it checks for presence of FFAA and ACE to setup automatically their respective configurations.