Sign in to follow this  
mandoble

Mando Missile ArmA for ArmA 2

Thank you very much - was really looking forward to this :)

---------- Post added at 09:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:04 PM ----------

First impressions - excellent! The TV cameras look much better with the different greyscale effects. I was having an issue with the LGB's on the A-10, whenever I dropped one, it would launch an AGM instead. However, I disabled all of the other mods I've been using and it works perfectly. I'll do some testing to see if I can isolate which mod is interfering and report back (or post on the other mods thread as appropriate). Going off to try laser designation from ground units. Many thanks, DA

Edited by Das Attorney
typo

I think it's the Hi-Fi A-10 pack that causes problems with MMA. All of the weapons are displaced by one category - I think due to the extra burst mode that Hi_Fi introduces. Could somebody please verify? Thanks, DA

I think it's the Hi-Fi A-10 pack that causes problems with MMA. All of the weapons are displaced by one category - I think due to the extra burst mode that Hi_Fi introduces. Could somebody please verify? Thanks, DA

Ahhhh. I've been getting a choppy camera on the Ah1Z on a recent mission I added it too. I'm also using Hi-Fi, I wonder if that's doing it?

[*]Mando Gun ArmA for ArmA2 integrated within Mando Missile

Oh i like it! :p

Very impressive work Mando. I have only one peeve: After firing all of my sidewinders and dropping all LGBs in an F-35B (Or firing all of my Hellfires in a Cobra) using your system, i.e. using my left windows button or the TV system, I cannot reload any of the expended munitions. This does not occur if I fire normally, i.e. targeting an object using BIS' normal method and firing using the default key binding.

Back on page four you suggested adding a bit of code to an init.sqf. I've incorporated it into my mission with no discernable results. Here is the code I've been using.

waitUntil {!isNil "mando_missile_init_done"};

waitUntil {mando_missile_init_done};

[["WarfareReammoTruck_USMC", "UralReammo"], 30] execVM "mando_missiles\units\mando_missilereloadallow.sqf";

HOWEVER, reloading expended flares using mando_flaresreloadallow.sqf works perfectly.

Any thoughts?

Thank you A LOT for this outstanding addon!

When you target the Russian Su-25 the AA display Su 39 ... work as intendeed or is a bug?

This addon is really nice I hope to know how to config for the future Arma 2 plane release... such as Su 33 like this nice one: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8144 tell me if is possible to config further planes and if I can do it alone...

I need to understand how the CCIP works, pls tell me something about it what's the best speed / altitude to have the square visible and best chances to it? The NAV red square on little village or building can also be viewed on the vehicles or military editor placed building?

Some time I notice FPS drop whit mandoble addon installed is a know bug or is only my problem ?

I try whit TBC UI and the FPS really drop down a lot

I try with standard UI set to normal as you write in the readme and the fps are good but sometime there are drop of fps... Arma Clean whit only F16 GTL addon ( that work with no problem )

I try the mission in the editor but are very hard to complete like 1 av8 vs 3 su34 or the CCIP test... there is a correct way to use ECM/Flares? when you push R key ECM run from 20 to 0 there is a way to stop it ?

I don't know how mando missiles works can you explain the difference between IR and radar (turn ratio and aim range)? you've modified the turn radius of some or is like vanilla arma ones?

Sorry for the big number of questions but I really like your addon and I will use it in my future mission...

Write these information in the readme for future relases

TANK YOU TANK YOU !!!!

I really like fly in ArmA environment, and now is really more exciting :eek:

When you target the Russian Su-25 the AA display Su 39 ... work as intendeed or is a bug?

That'll be because the Russian Su-25's class name is called "Su-39", though its name in the editor is Su-25. According to Wikipedia the Su-25TM (an advanced version) is also designated as the Su-39, which is no doubt why BI set its class name as that. I don't know if Mandoble can or wants to change this.

I had a simular problem and had to remove the Hi-Fi due to the 1 & 2 Second Burst.

Thanks for the reply. I've disabled Hi-Fi for the time being as well.

---------- Post added at 04:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:15 AM ----------

I'm having some trouble getting BTR-90's and LAV-35's to load up their targetting consoles. If I open up the editor and add the Mando Missile logic modules, there is no option for the console to appear when playing as gunner. It works fine in the test mission, but not on a new mission made in editor. Has anyone else encountered this? If not, what am I doing wrong?? Thanks, DA

MattXR and Zen911, the problem you have reloading BIS weapons might be caused by a bug in "UseWeapon" action (this is used by MMA for HUD and TV systems). For some reason, once a weapon type is depleted, the next weapon occupies the places of the previous one (this can be checked directly from external view). This bug was posted time ago in DevHeaven but I dont know what priority (if any) might this has for BIS to solve. Meanwhile I think the best solution to solve any reload issue might be solved with a "reload station". I can include that in next beta of MMA, but any of you can at least create a working one in few minutes. The idea might be as simple as the following:

- Place a helipad or something large and square in desired reloading position.

- Place some object near that helipad, if it is similar to a computer, much better.

- Add an action to this object to execute the reloading script.

- The reloading script would look for the closest vehicle to the helipad center and within 5 meters radious around the center of the helipad. If a vehicle is found there, then the script check for presence of any crew member inside. If crew is found the script shows a message indicating that the vehicle must be empty. But if the vehicle is already empty, the script replaces it by a new one of the same class in same position and with same vectorUp. And this vehicle will have all the weapons back.

This idea also opens the door to have a small dialog from where to choose the desired configuration if the detected vehicle has subvariants, for example if you want to reload an AV8B your might be able to choose between AV8B LGB or the other.

Das Attorney I've not included there any example of AI using MMA laser guided bombs, so for laser designators and BIS planes you will have normal BIS behaviour there. Along this week I can post an example mission with AV8 GBU using automatic MMA LGBs. Meanwhile, if you check the remote targeting using the laser and transmit target action in the mma_test_ground_addon.utes demo mission a nearby friendly ship armed with MMA cruise missiles will attack your designed target.

BTR-90 and and LAV-25 MCC systems are not included with the "full" gamelogic. In the mission where these vehicles have the TorM1 and Hawk console these systems are directly added from the missions's init.sqf. I cannot add the systems with the "full" gamelogic because if so, all BTR90's and LAV-25 will be SAM launchers, which might not be a good idea for many missions. Said that, what I can do for next beta is to create a full set of new classes derived directly from existing ones but with different classname, and then apply the system activations for these new classes. So you might have there the BTR-90-TORM1 which externally would be identical to existing BTR90, but these will have the menu action to activate the TORM1 console.

Rubberkite for CCIP speed doesnt matter quite a lot, what is important is to try to attack with the wings as leveled (no roll) as possible to avoid lateral deviations.

The navigation marks you see on HUD are just locations, the maps have many default locations but you can create your own special locations for your missions (as you can see in the example mission, where the Tower location is created from init.sqf). The Kuznetsov setup also adds several custom locations to create an ILS path so if you switch to navigation mode, you will see these marks near any Kuznetsov carrier, if you align them you will see a cone that will drive you directly to the carrier's landing point.

And yes, you can create your onw setups there not only for new vehicles, but also for existing ones. Customizing hud or camera setups is quite easy but I need some time to document it. About Mando Missile parameters, you have all of them ready to playwith in Mando Missile Lab mission.

That'll be because the Russian Su-25's class name is called "Su-39", though its name in the editor is Su-25. According to Wikipedia the Su-25TM (an advanced version) is also designated as the Su-39, which is no doubt why BI set its class name as that. I don't know if Mandoble can or wants to change this.

Thank you Lhowon for clear explanation of my request, is not a problem for me If work as intended Now I know one more thing ;) thank you again

Rubberkite for CCIP speed doesnt matter quite a lot, what is important is to try to attack with the wings as leveled (no roll) as possible to avoid lateral deviations.

The navigation marks you see on HUD are just locations, the maps have many default locations but you can create your own special locations for your missions (as you can see in the example mission, where the Tower location is created from init.sqf). The Kuznetsov setup also adds several custom locations to create an ILS path so if you switch to navigation mode, you will see these marks near any Kuznetsov carrier, if you align them you will see a cone that will drive you directly to the carrier's landing point.

And yes, you can create your onw setups there not only for new vehicles, but also for existing ones. Customizing hud or camera setups is quite easy but I need some time to document it. About Mando Missile parameters, you have all of them ready to playwith in Mando Missile Lab mission.

Nice to ear, I'll wait for documentation and I try to check the config for start studing :)

For Missile parameters I'm refering for example for the sidewinder (IR) % to hit at an angle close to 180° degress from back of target.. and very low % to hit if fired from front, are these parameters in the lab mission ?

Thank you mando, I really like to fly in Arma, not for the physic engine of the flight model, but for the supreme immersion plaing togheter Land and Air Side of the war theater !!! With your addon the immersion is really enanched!

( sorry for my bad English)

Rubberkite, these adjustments are done inside the HUD setup files this way.

As you can see in the HUD setup script example (the one used for Ka52 pilot HUD), first you define an array with the different HUD modes available, and then you define an array with the missile parameters for these missiles used by the defined HUD modes (in the example, a single missile type; Vikrh). The seventh parameter for each hud mode determines minimum accuracy, and the third parameter the type of criteria to use depending on missile type used for each HUD mode.

Hello Mandoble, what is the code for camera follows a patriot missile from an ai launcher ?

Rubberkite, these adjustments are done inside the HUD setup files this way.

As you can see in the HUD setup script example (the one used for Ka52 pilot HUD), first you define an array with the different HUD modes available, and then you define an array with the missile parameters for these missiles used by the defined HUD modes (in the example, a single missile type; Vikrh). The seventh parameter for each hud mode determines minimum accuracy, and the third parameter the type of criteria to use depending on missile type used for each HUD mode.

Perfect :)

Thank you I'll check and test and report

;)

I've two suspended question

1- how ECM Works and if is possible to stop counter... after pushing R key

2- Anyone notify a noticeable FPS drop when mando missile addon is working

1 - You cannot, it's a limitation to preserve balance.

2 - Not me, if you have other addons loaded they could interact negatively, perhaps make a comparison without first.

Thanks for the suggestion, Mandoble. I've taken to using an instantaneous vehicle respawn script for the time being. I'm looking forward to see how this addon develops.

Would it be possible to use only your counter measures? I have weapons fx and jtds fire and smoke mod combined so i have an awesom effects. If i use mando missiles i get bad effects and i cannot live without those effects.

I love mando missiles, but i dont want to lose the night particle effects, is there anything i can do?

In which ways is MMA affecting or being affected by these mods?

Well, i have strange weapon effects with missiles and explosions. Thank you for awesom mod btw, very nicely made.

And removing which of those mods (in turn, one at a time) causes the 'strange weapon effects' to cease?

WarFX, i fixed this by deleting the exhaust folder, i get a warning ingame from MMA, but everything works like a dream after i remove the exhaust folder from MMA and repackaged.

Well I'll give you points for finding your own fix but I doubt it'll prove a happy one for terribly long.

So I guess this applies to default BIS missiles that have a default BIS smoke trail script, right?