Sign in to follow this  
webman1200

Kaspersky Internet Security 2010 Picks Up Arma 2?

I just installed Kaspersky Security 2010. Every time I run ArmA 2, it detects the ArmA 2 installer as having similar activity to a keylogger. Now I'm pretty sure that Bohemia wouldn't install spyware on their customers' PCs. I don't know if this is just a false positive or what. I do have some add-ons installed from Armaholic.com, could that be it?

ArmA 2 Version: 1.04

false positive, unless your arma copy is less than legit...

false positive, unless your arma copy is less than legit...

No way is it a fake copy! Unless PC stores have become corrupt. Besides, if it were fake, it wouldn't be working very well by now. :)

In which case you can be assured that it is a false positive :)

you know, arma2 have that fade thingy... maybe thats what it picks up? either way, as DM said, nothing to worry about

It's not a "false-positive"; it's just a common behavioral detection by Kaspersky. ARMA2 uses DirectInput (or another similar technology) which could be used by malware for acquiring passwords.

Just add ArmA2.exe to KIS' exclusions as a keylogger (or as a trusted application) and it shouldn't alert you anymore (open KIS -> Settings -> Threats and Exclusions -> Trusted Applications -> Add ArmA2's executable and check "Do not monitor application activity" -> OK -> OK -> OK).

Yes, I'm using KIS myself.

Its the same with Norton Internet Security, especially the beta patch 59928 is "suspicious" ;)

I have the same Internet Security package and I don't get any warnings.

I wonder if it's the extra stuff you downloaded?

P

well he just installed KP2010 so he has the training on , so any and all exe who want out ( ala gamespy ect, or the secroum flag) will get a user warning. Need to learn how to use your AV...

I have the same Internet Security package and I don't get any warnings.

I wonder if it's the extra stuff you downloaded?

P

No, i guess you installed just patch 1.04 and not the beta 59928. you dont need to install the beta, just download it, and you will see.

Just add ArmA2.exe to KIS' exclusions as a keylogger (or as a trusted application) and it shouldn't alert you anymore (open KIS -> Settings -> Threats and Exclusions -> Trusted Applications -> Add ArmA2's executable and check "Do not monitor application activity" -> OK -> OK -> OK).
I did just that, and the warning's gone away. Phew, that was getting annoying!