Sign in to follow this  
spirit6

strange crashes on my island

Hey guys,

I am at the moment on request porting watkins from arma1 to arma2.

That all went fine. It works perfect for me but somehow for some people it just crashes. About 80% of the people run it perfect but about 20% of them just simple crash.... They crash when starting the editor and some only crash when on server and join ... For the people where it does work it keeps working and produces no errors at all........

Since i am totaly clueless atm i hope you can see some stuff.

For starts i post my config file here. Maybe you guys see somethingweird.

http://pastie.org/687993

yes the clutter is not even used so its just nonsense clutter as i was not even that far.....

Also gonna publish the rest of my info here but i gotta gather that and then edit this thread.

Edited by spirit6

==========

To make it even weirder we had somebody on Everon map and the other on my watkins map on the same server while one of them joined up ????. Seems like somewhere there is some sort of conflict (watkins is only on 6thsense server at the moment). Maybe that is what this world id is for??

Edited by spirit6

Also - maybe try not using Utes as the base class for the world? It might be dragging something over maybe?

Well i am going to try and goof around something. also made my island going from 20km to 10 km. No changes....

If somebody is willing to take a look at my source then please. I can make it available for download pretty easy.

Is it the terrain size and cell size?

I found during my map making that only certain sizes were reliable.

(40m cell I think)

2048 heightmap, cellsize 10 giving 20x20 km map. Satmap of 20240 x 20240 with a texture size of 40.

Nothing special i think. Personaly i think it has to do with some sort of limit because in all fairness this worked fine in arma 1 and i dont even want to spend time on this island :( :)

Specialy since only a few people crash on it ( but they do then all the time) and others not at all. I am realy confused by this but i gues park it and finish my island i am actualy working on lol.

Edited by spirit6

Hi,

I have similar problems with my island. Did you find something out?

Jens

Hi,

I have similar problems with my island. Did you find something out?

Jens

It has to do with the height difference in the map. If you have major Y difference in your map then we noticed some graphics cards simple crash. This behavior was not know in arma1 and sadly only shows up when you deliver it. As the creater does not suffer from it (unless one of the unlucky ones). Its totaly not depending on the settings but purely on heightmap and graphics card. No solution, so the only bet is some driver update.

Thats what we foudn out but maybe who knows its something else.