Sign in to follow this  
ray243

A 'World In Conflict' mod

It would really work well I say. There is russians and US inside the game already, which makes it easier. All people have to do is make some 1990s or 1980s era vehicles, uniform and guns. And some US building models. Would be really awesome to have a singleplayer mod in Arma 2, and getting to play World In Conflict in first person.

Anyone think such a mod will work well?

It would really work well I say. There is russians and US inside the game already, which makes it easier. All people have to do is make some 1990s or 1980s era vehicles, uniform and guns. And some US building models. Would be really awesome to have a singleplayer mod in Arma 2, and getting to play World In Conflict in first person.

Project 85'.

All people have to do is make some 1990s or 1980s era vehicles, uniform and guns. And some US building models.

Just that? oh yeah wait a moment while i make this :rolleyes:

For the 1980-90 there is P85 for you, but for the building part it's not that easy, you need a brand new US soil map, not just a few building ( or what, you thought to put US building model next to East european Chernarus models? )

Oh and you should ask in the addon request thread :)

It isn't a request, but more of an idea/suggestion thread.

Except I don't know where to place this.

Well unless you are going to make this yourself ( then it would well deserve this spot ) there is very little difference saying: " you should make this because it works very well. "/" can you please make this because it works very well." But maybe it's just me :)

heh :D

seems newbie found OFP idea from 2001 ? :D

in my language there is proverb "man discovered America opening can of Coca-Cola" :D

RAY243 - world in conflict US vs USSR was game OFP which begin Arma family

Arma2 is third game in BIS family

this what you say is something i started doing 2 years ago and along with many talented people released for Arma1 and Arma2

you have P85 with many many many vehicles, armies of USA, USSR, Poland, both Germany and even somekind of UK, guerillas

if you want world in conflict

download P85 addons and do missions

some very talented island makers already released islands too

so you have all, you just need to make missions and you will have "world conflict" in game

it works well over month :P

but groups definitions for some reason do low FPS

but units placed by hand (not from defined groups) work super, even 200 on map

Edited by vilas

I think he meant USSR invade US country, that's why he mentioned World in Conflict, that's what happen in that game, not just the general idea of US vs USSR, that eh is a bit overdone already ( speaking of gaming industry in general )

Personally I would love to see WiC in ArmA 2. But for that to happen it would require a huge team to make the islands/island/maps that such a mod would require. Pretty much all you would need is the maps because of P85 and a couple others.

If anybody actually started work on something like this it wouldn't be released for several years because of the immense work required for the map/maps. Unless somebody made a California map (Cali has beaches, deserts, forests and plenty of cities. Basically everything in one) it would require alot more than just one map.

i think he wants to see the T-72s rolling down Times square,

i think he wants to see the T-72s rolling down Times square,

Who doesn't?

that would be nice but it would be alot of work to recreate Manhattan that "good" quality

Soveit Union has got collapsed and any such assumptions become meaningless. But for the moment, letting US M1 roll down the Red square or russian T80 roll down Times square also are impossible for both. The states is down for its economic recession and now it's the time of Dragon Rising...

@Arm2cat: He isn't saying a modern invasion of Russia or the U.S. What he wants is somebody to make the World in Conflict missions in ArmA2. The setting would be in the '80s when the Soviets were still around and the U.S. Economy wasn't down the toilet.

Soveit Union has got collapsed and any such assumptions become meaningless. But for the moment, letting US M1 roll down the Red square or russian T80 roll down Times square also are impossible for both. The states is down for its economic recession and now it's the time of Dragon Rising...
THANK YOU, Darkhose, you really understood that well!

It's Darkhorse. Please take the time to get atleast that correct next time.

Your post seems to be ignorant of ray243's "idea". What possible effect do Dragon Rising and the CURRENT U.S. Economy have on a WiC mod? So what if the SOVIET Union has collapsed? The "mod" idea is set in the '80s back when it DID exist.

Edited by Darkhorse 1-6

Ah, Darkhorse seems to be one to be capable of understanding what I was looking for. For that, I thank you!

Sorry Uglyboy, I forgot the mention you too. Thank you!

Oh and Vilas, I'm not sure which links is the actual download in your release thread. Its a little untidy, at least for me.

Edited by ray243

Oh and Vilas, I'm not sure which links is the actual download in your release thread. Its a little untidy, at least for me.

It is un-tidy, but the links for the downloads are

http://www.armaholic.eu/vilas/85temp/p85_v_a.7z

http://www.armaholic.eu/vilas/85temp/p85_troop_a.7z

http://www.armaholic.eu/vilas/85temp/p85_config_a.7z

http://www.armaholic.eu/vilas/85temp/p85_wpn3d_a.7z

Great idea, but like its been mentioned making a decent map of someplace state side is a huge undertaking. Mostly because of the buildings required. Infact anything passing for western buildings have been in short supply for the entire series of games

Maybe someone could kick start it by making a 'Red Dawn' style map populated by american style farms and a few towns?

Being on the team making the map of Australia its kind of how we should have approached it,start with something smaller to test the ideas. But hind sight is always 20-20 and we've gone too far now to turn back, so keep your fingers crossed that we reach the end.

@Arm2cat: He isn't saying a modern invasion of Russia or the U.S. What he wants is somebody to make the World in Conflict missions in ArmA2. The setting would be in the '80s when the Soviets were still around and the U.S. Economy wasn't down the toilet.

actually, Reagan and H.W. Bush DID make the economy go down the toilet, deficit increased a TON from 1980-1992, H.W. continued Reaganomics, entering the US into a recession

Yeah I think someone should make a mod for ArmA II that would be a RTS. Just slap a camera from the sky and allow yourself to build units and control them by dragging a box over them and bam ArmA II RTS.

Who doesn't?

Me, why? check link in my signature. That happened when i was 5-6 years old and i still remember the sound of vehicles moving through the city, BTRs, BMDs, T-72s...

It wasn't right beeing invaded.

but wic idea isn't bad at all :) my brother is a fan of wic, so having such mod in arma2 would show for him what arma2 is really about(the scale and nearly unlimited capabilities)

Edited by Gedis

Hmm, or someone could make a city using some of the old arma 1 building models or arma 2 building models....

Me, why? check link in my signature. That happened when i was 5-6 years old and i still remember the sound of vehicles moving through the city, BTRs, BMDs, T-72s...

It wasn't right beeing invaded.

but wic idea isn't bad at all :) my brother is a fan of wic, so having such mod in arma2 would show for him what arma2 is really about(the scale and nearly unlimited capabilities)

I was being ironic mate ;)