Sign in to follow this  
Jonney Napalm

Operation Flashpoint: Cold War Crisis under Win 7?

I have searched the forum, but I can't really find anything that helps me.

Is it possible to run Operation Flashpoint:Cold War Crisis on a 64 bit Windows 7 machine?

If so, what do I need to do to make it work (-nomap etc?)

I bought the game years ago and came across it the other day, and really fancied having another play.

I think it's a version 1.0 game so I'll have to patch it first to 1.46 right?

Anyway, thanks for any help.

Yes, it will work under windows 7 normally because it works normally under Vista and windows 7 is basically Vista, something like Windows 98 and 98 SE.

Yeah patch the game to 1.46 :) If you wanna keep on playing OFP get Resistance too :)

Well, I'm also curious will it work under Win 7, 64-bit. Maybe bumping the topic shall provide us with answers?

Runs without any problems on my x64 installation. Only problem is the mouse sensitivity which I need to modify one day.

The original registry entries from the:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Codemasters

subkey.

must be imported into the Windows 7 64-bit registry under the:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Codemasters

subkey.

Runs without any problems on my x64 installation. Only problem is the mouse sensitivity which I need to modify one day.

it work also multiplayer? on my pc doesn't connect to any servers it seems that socket/directplay connection used in ofp isn't supported in windows seven or maybe internal firewall block some needed port :(

i have the same problem with vista bussiness

first it didn´t connect then it worked twice and i was able to play, now same trouble again: "creating client" then i´m back again at the server list :936:

---------- Post added at 01:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 PM ----------

any ideas? what could it be? :mad_o:

It's a problem related to GameSpy and its port usage which apparently causes some problems in Win7. I've the same problem by the way.

My solution for creating host is adding -host to shortcut target line. If you have problems with connecting to a server use external programs like OFPWatch or OFPMonitor.

Under XP my user generated missions were saved in the "users" directory. I can still create and play user generated missions, but I can't find the directory where they're saved under Win7. Pleae give me a hint.

Thanks Peter

Peter

Under XP my user generated missions were saved in the "users" directory. I can still create and play user generated missions, but I can't find the directory where they're saved under Win7. Pleae give me a hint.

Thanks Peter

Peter

Still works the same way as far as I can tell. Recent OFP install into Win7 64 bit.

I've solved this problem (using Vista OS) increasing the avaiability through users setting in properties category. In a simple way, open the folder you want to see it's content, saved in game, right click, properties, select security and mark as many permissions to do anything you want with a folder. It's just standart security setting fault.

Sorry, if I've had misunderstood. Maybe this issue isn't like I do imagine.

Works absolutely fine in Win 7 x64. Been using it since the RC's! :)