Sign in to follow this  
CombatComm

Would be great if this game has leaderboards that saved your kill/death.

On TK, lock all vehicles for that player for one minute. No more TK for vehicle access.

On TK, add 10000 score to that player for one minute. Makes him easy to spot on a scoreboard. Then subtract 10010, but 0 minimum.

Want to save your score? Take a screenshot :)

Don't tell me you didn't play regular fps games before starting to play OFP or Arma. Idiots are idiots, games or statistics don't make them idiots. Opposing a stat system because of something like that is the same as thinking that everyone you play with is a potential idiot, kept at bay only because they can't see their overall kills and deaths on some internet page. If that's not arrogance, I don't know what is.

I played BF2 before discovering ArmA. Overall, the teamwork on pub servers sucked. Practically everyone was obsessed with stats and getting their next medal/promotion. Most of them had apparent IQ's in the low double-digits based on the quality of play (I could easily frag a dozen people just with well-placed mines in a typical session). Ditto for CoD. It's not arrogance, just lots of experience.

When you see a lot of new Arma2 players trying to use tricks like bunny-hopping or dolphin-diving it does not take long to guess what they are used to playing. People who single-seat a tank or drive a MHQ into a hot combat zone clearly are not thinking about the team, just themselves. Frequently those same people are jamming up comms with silly comments, sound effects and bragging about their K/D ratio. In other words, the bad players are stat-happy.

I can't prove that stats cause bad play. My personal experience is that stat-based FPS games have a lot more bad players on them than ones that don't support stats.

Anyone know of anything that can track Singleplayer stats?? not interested in MP stats.

Yup, you. :)

Celery, the people here think that they're conservative/prorealism - more like ignorant for their own good. Have any of you played Road Rage in AA1? Total score in Warfare is a good indication how the teams are doing.

Or perhaps, you people, are stuck in your COOP fantasy world, albeit at the expense of others? I see empty servers, wasn't so when PVP was alive.

Scoreboards fail to record the true value of the player. Even a kill/death ratio is useless

True, but when scoreboard is enabled, people want to come up high on the list. I don't agree with this, and scoreboard is disabled with us, but it feels like the general public gamer thinks this way.

The idea for the K : D ratio was to encourage them to also try hard to stay alive, rather than just collect kills even if it kills them getting that point. More of a gameplay mechanic than a stat one.

Edit: Oh, that was a really old post, lol :p

Or perhaps, you people, are stuck in your COOP fantasy world, albeit at the expense of others? I see empty servers, wasn't so when PVP was alive.

What's this need to discredit coop players? Arma happens to be the only game that supports this level of coop on that scale. Every other game has decent PvP and little to no coop support.

Edited by CarlGustaffa