Sign in to follow this  
Chunk3ym4n

How do I report my position to the AI?

I've been playing ArmA II for quite some while but I NEVER know how to give out my location to some of my soldiers who can't find me. There seems to be absolutely no button to say "I'M AT GRID...". How do I report where I am when my AI asks me where I am?

I never figured that out either so I just select them and tell them to move to a location close to me.

You don't need to report your position, your AI squadmates always know where you are. The "Where are you?" message I think is just intended to let you know that one of your team members has gotten a long way from you, in case you hadn't already noticed.

I suspect the AI-only "where are you?" "I'm at grid xxx" is purely cosmetic as well.

Yeah, as some kind of guy said, they just say that when they are far from you but you can't lose em.

Just issue a regroup command and they'll be right back with you.

First person view - press SPACE to select all AI - option that comes up is MOVE THERE - aim in front of you on the ground - click mouse button. Now you given them a waypoint to where you are. When they are close enough press SPACE-1-1 and they will form back on you.

yea? Thats nice and all genious' but there is a bug in arma where the AI get stuck and dont respond after they request to know your position.. hence why people are asking the "How to" question... you could do it in Flashpoint (the original)...

*Edit* Ehhh hmmm sorry. ARMA2 has the bug. Which is what i meant to say. (figured I'd have to specify before one of these retards shits because I didn't specify)

Edited by HeAvY TrAnCe

I expected to be able to tell them my coordinates. Just like the AI do if you ask them where they are at, they'll tell you their coordinates.

AI never will get lost...

But you can still ask them to report their location. Play in veteran mode and you will understand just how useful it is to ask the AI where they are at.

Say your a sniper and you tell your spotter to move to the next hill. You lost sight of him and you just ask him to report position. In Veteran mode, you don't see where YOU are on the map either, so it's good to ask AI.

This question keeps coming up over and over again here on the forums, because naturally, everyone assumes that you need to give your location when the AI asks where you are. Why else would they ask? It's sad that BIS hasn't fixed this yet, I hope it will at least be fixed in Arma 3.

Exactly, that would get rid of the confusion.

Hi, in COOP i've always missed to report my possition to my team mates under my command, and also that my S.Leader/T.Leader report his/her possition using the standard radio commands; this will be very usefull during coop missions and it's a shame that isn't implemented among the rest of the radio commands. Let's C ya

Even if the "where are you" "report position" is cosmetic it is annoying because they are lagging behind, why can't they move the **** up? The fact that they can't keep up to me pisses me off. I'm on point and they can't keep up leaves me vulnerable in an ambush. Why do I have to wait for their sorry asses, can't they run just like me!

It's not only cosmetic. Soldiers who can't find you will drop their morale too, to prevent this you tell him to wait for you 1-7. And yes, there is no way to tell your position, sending soldier to your coords works tho. BUT it's not true that your soldiers know your pos at all times, they actually seek around your last know pos to find you.