Sign in to follow this  
itsme

How much money did BI make out of Arma 2????

I just hope they made enough to keep them motivated on making a new game in the future. Suma talked about wanting to try "something new" in a radio interview just prior to Arma2's release. Maybe he was referring to Carrier Command I don't know.. I'm hoping they are aiming for next gen in the next 5 years assuming they did well here with A2.

If they released on consoles, they might make a huuge profit. Considering Crysis only sold 70,000 copies on its opening day release for PC... I can imagine its success once they (officially) announce it with CryEngine3 for the consoles.

Whatever they do, I hope they don't call it Arma3 lol.

I just hope they made enough to keep them motivated on making a new game in the future.

I hope so too Victor. BIS is the "woman" i never want to loose...

I think the 20 employee thing is just for R&D (the core developpers)...

From the credits, it's well over 100 people (I stopped counting) with external artists and designers hired on a per-job basis...

If they have that many people working for one game, then why cant they promote the game properly?? why not try to break into the mainstream market? I know its not easy, but they have been working so hard for their games for many years, Arma deserves more

Mainstream? I kinda afraid of that term. Brings me nightmare, of R6Vegas, GRAW and recently, OFPDR....

Maybe I was just traumatized :p

Mainstream? I kinda afraid of that term. Brings me nightmare, of R6Vegas, GRAW and recently, OFPDR....

lol yes, sometimes less is more :p

BIS is a private company so it doesn't have to list its sales or profit, we can only speculate by looking on google earth and try to find a lambo or a SLS AMG in the parking lot

How much money did BI make out of Arma 2? am assuming not a lot, since it wasnt advertised and promoted properly, and the requirements were a bit high for a lot of people

So am just wondering how many copies of Arma 2 were sold?

Well just look at BIS' marketing technique, its VERY consistent; regular patches, ARMA2 OA coming early 2010, People are still buying ARMA2 but if you look at OFP DR the graph is a very steep down line, looads of copies sold before its release but once the first few negative reviews came out and the players got bored of it quickly, its almost vanished into thin air.

the question of how many were sold is irrelevant, this number is changing by the minute and you can't compare because these two companies are using 2 different marketing techniques.

About the requirements; new hardware is coming out month by month and so ARMA2 sales will keep rising whereas OFP DR is already maxed out with pretty much any system.

I'm not straying off-topic, i'm just comparing two marketing techniques and expressing my opinion :)

BIS is a private company so it doesn't have to list its sales or profit, we can only speculate by looking on google earth and try to find a lambo or a SLS AMG in the parking lot

all game companies are private as far as I know, and only the successful games get their sales and profits listed like COD4, not sure about the latter one, but we all know they sold nearly 14m copies, you can then do the calculations urself

well about £210million ($350million:eek:) if they get %50 of the sales price which is £30 (so £15)

---------- Post added at 01:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:41 PM ----------

Well just look at BIS' marketing technique, its VERY consistent; regular patches, ARMA2 OA coming early 2010, People are still buying ARMA2 but if you look at OFP DR the graph is a very steep down line, looads of copies sold before its release but once the first few negative reviews came out and the players got bored of it quickly, its almost vanished into thin air.

the question of how many were sold is irrelevant, this number is changing by the minute and you can't compare because these two companies are using 2 different marketing techniques.

About the requirements; new hardware is coming out month by month and so ARMA2 sales will keep rising whereas OFP DR is already maxed out with pretty much any system.

I'm not straying off-topic, i'm just comparing two marketing techniques and expressing my opinion :)

OFP DR had a good advertising team, but the game quality itself didnt help them, and thats why they failed, wherelse it was the opposite with Arma 2, they developed a good quality game, but with a poor advertisement, I would obviously rather a good game than a good advertisement, but more, I would want both

Yep

Lets hope they stick with supporting dedicated servers, btw, I havent bought Arma 2 cause my rig wont run it (too old) but am waiting for OA to come out then will buy a new rig, hopefully

why not buy one now? i see no logic in your post? ignore is a great feature.

why not buy one now? i see no logic in your post? ignore is a great feature.

am looking to buy core i7, which I cant afford at the moment, hopefully by the time OA is out and Arma 2 is bugs/lags free, I should afford to buy it, for now, I shall enjoy playing MW2

I hope they made some profits, I know this is a niche game but I think alot of people are getting tired of the corridor FPS games that come out each year (COD).

They want something with HIGH value for their money Arma 2 is the choice.

Never want to see BIS out of business :(

Well, I know they made Aus$100 from me (well probably 50c or so after the shop, distributor, tax office etc had their cut :) ).

Considering that the hours_of_enjoyment/$ ratio of Arma2 is probably higher than the vast majority of games currently being sold, I think BIS deserve a decent profit from the game.

I know it's a bit Off-topic, but don't wanna open another thread just for this:

Does anybody know a better source than

http://arma2.swec.se/server/list

or

http://www.xfire.com/games/arma2/ARMA_2/ (worse, because by far not every cogamer uses xfire - I see no reason to do so)

on the success of Arma2 in terms of usage of the bought copies?

Is swec statistics reliable?

Is there any possibility to see it in it's timely shift?

Yesterday I saw more than 1700 cogamers online and about a 722 servers.

all game companies are private as far as I know, and only the successful games get their sales and profits listed like COD4, not sure about the latter one, but we all know they sold nearly 14m copies, you can then do the calculations urself

not true, most game publishers are public, meaning u and i can buy their stocks on a listed stock-market, (EA on NYSE or Ubisoft on LSE) game developers are mostly private meaning their founders or staff own 100% of their equity.

Imo you should count how many portals and distributing channels Arma 2 reachead?

Like Steam and Direct2drive ect..