Sign in to follow this  
Joona

When did you purchase OFP?

When did you brought OFP?  

88 members have voted

1. 1. When did you brought OFP?

• Never

When did you brought OFP? Just curious.:)

I 2001

GOTY 2008

Edited by Joona

I think it was 2001... maybe it was 2002? oh wait.

I bought it in 2001 and played it in 2002.

I remember it felt very uncomfortable, my graphics card couldn't handle it, I was intimidated by the "thousand" key binds, the floating zone... man I thought the game sucked when I first played with it.

I was just fresh of Quake clone fps and I couldn't understand the genre. Next year I got a new pc and gave it another shot out of boredom.

It was like a drug.

When was GOTY out? I played at my friend the first couple of years.

STGN

i had ofp since 2000, when the demo came out. I was nineteen. I'm 28 now and still play it. Almost ten years.

2003, got it on sale for £5, after a few months I got GOTY edition for £10 :)

OFP - 2002

Gold Upgrade (Red Hammer) - 2002

Resistance - 2002

Arma - 2007

Queen's Gambit - 2007

Arma II - 2009

Arma II OA - 2010 (?)

Carrier Command: GAEA Mission - 2010 (?)

ARMA III - 2011 (?)

... And my life was not the same after OFP. :)

yeah...this is a nice thread and I never expected again to post somethings in OFP threads...

My first contact with OFP was shortly after it has been released in Juli 2001 in a Videostore. I just got my first PC and wanted to rent a game. The guy in the store said...we got a new game yesterday. It´s pretty new but I dont now what it is but the cover looks good...said/done...so I took it and installed it. My first impression was that this game seems to be pretty strange, I often played Console Shooters but this was pretty new to me and I somehow didn´t liked it, so I brought it back to the store...but the few minutes I played has burned into my mind I had to think about it for many days until I got it again and feld in love with it. A couple days later I bought it and that was the beginning of a great Story, provided by BIS for now more than 8 years...respect and Thank you to be part of a great Family.

I got GOTY Edition in 2005 or 2006...dont exactly know.

I purchased the GOTY edition in mid-2003, based on a friend's recommendation. :D

Edited by Laqueesha

I purchased it after playing the demo, which i enjoyed playing. :)

I'm since demo. Looks like most of us stay here since demo ;)

Anyway I bought a brand new GOTY edition on ebay and it cost me like 14$. My old copy is badly scratched and I cannot use it anymore.

Today Im enjoying OFP and Arma2 as well.

Luckily I managed to stay away from that screwup called Arma1.

Edited by Sudayev

Bought it upon first release and a goty edition afterwards to skip updating.

I still have the originals as well of course.

Played the Demo back in the day when it first was released, and bought the game on release-day too. Since then I´ve bought the game five or six times in various iterations because discs were lost or destroyed when moving, etc.

I´ve also made it a good tradition to have it on my Computer at all times. The space it occupies is always well spent.

pre ordered it and the code to play was wrong so it took me two days of pissing about with zeros and o's and R's and P's to get it going but it was worth it lol still an ace game.

Luckily I managed to stay away from that screwup called Arma1

ya it was screwed up alright but its pretty dam good now, now that warmod is out you'll say like the rest as well as i did" why wasn't this in the game to begin with"

DOUT! ya

well for me been at OFP since the demo, but i didn't get the game til sometime late 2001, and i still play it!

Mom bought it for me when I was 11. In 2002. I was playing quake3, MOHAA, HL that time. And then I tested ofp. It was SO GREAT! You can't imagine my emotions. An 11 year-old boy had a taste of realism and real difficulty of combat. I played it every day. Latrinite was very huge town for me. It was so difficult for me to find that god damned UAZ. I made my own missions. Then I read the manual and since then my missions had music and ending. It was so interesting. you were lying in the bushes,scared and waiting for russian action. And in 2003, the day after my birthday something terrible happened. My little brother broke my CD. I WAS SO MAD! You v]can't imagine. and then. 3 years ago my uncle got somewhere got a pirate copy of OFP. I was so happy. And next day i installed it...Installation with that ofp theme... I rembered good old days and after 3 months when i saw a link on cd to flashpoint.ru and flashpoint.xaos.com I've found out the taste of modding...after 3 months I found a Resistance CD in the store.

Flashpoint changed my life. Can anyone help me? Where can i get a OFP demo?

Year 2002, I went to friend to borrow some games. He brought the box and said "Take what you want".

Operation Flashpoint

"Ever played it?" I asked. "Nah never."

Half year after this, 2003 I bought this shiny-just-now-lying-next-to-me-beauty Operation Flashpoint Platinum.

After almost 7 years it's still LIKE NEW without even a scratch.

And yes... I still play it.

I bought the original OFP:CWC in December 2002 and OFP:GOTY in September/October 2003.

today, i use arma2 (although i have low computer) and arma1

---------- Post added at 08:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 PM ----------

OFP - 2002

Gold Upgrade (Red Hammer) - 2002

Resistance - 2002

Arma - 2007

Queen's Gambit - 2007

Arma II - 2009

Arma II OA - 2010 (?)

Carrier Command: GAEA Mission - 2010 (?)

ARMA III - 2011 (?)

... And my life was not the same after OFP.

Don't forget FARMA that bis will realease in 2010(?)

I bought the GOTY edition in 2004 after downloading the demo out of curiosity. By now, I've probably played more OFP than any other game in my life. For some reason I never got around to playing MP until this year. (I was scared of online games for a long time). Now I love it, and I wish I had done it sooner. There aren't too many people left. :( Someday in the future I might have a computer that can handle Arma1 or even Arma2.

Purchased after playing the prerelease demo for weeks. I didn't start actually beating the mission until the 20th play through or so. :p

Then again a year later. Then GOTY last year, and again last week. (I couldn't find my disk)