Sign in to follow this  
Yoma

AddonSync2009 (downloader, launcher)

UAC popup at start of download or start of tool? (Vista, Win7)  

40 members have voted

1. 1. UAC popup at start of download or start of tool? (Vista, Win7)

• Start of download (leave it as is)
    • Start of tool
    • What's UAC? (google Virtual Store, have fun)
    • Arf f*** UAC, first thing I disable after installing Vista/Win7

They have taken them down and switch to Six Updater.

I have a question I hope someone can help me with.

I'm a socalled admin at NoPryl and we have some casual players who don't play with others than NoPryl. Then we have some players that play a lot with others and using there servers.

I would like to make it very simple for those casual players. But I would also like to make it possible for me to administrate the addons.

If I have this catalog setup:

..\AllAddons\@AddOne\addons
..\AllAddons\@AddOne\keys
..\AllAddons\@AddTwo\addons
..\AllAddons\@AddTwo\keys
..\AllAddons\@AddThree\addons
..\AllAddons\@AddThree\keys

Then I would like to end up with a repository like this:

..\AllAddons\repository\@NoN\addons

..\AllAddons\repository\@NoN\keys

But I need those original addons catalogs, so that I know which files belong to which addon, and also which keys belong to which addon.

But also, the users should just end up with that last catalog "@NoN"

Is it possible to do this with this tool?

Then I think I will end up with just one addon to download for "my" members.

Any chance to get the source code for AddonSync? Its a shame, that AddonSync is useless now because of Gamespy v3....

Any chance Addon Sync will be upgraded to read players again (dblclick on a server gives "server unreachable").

Yoma stopped working on AddonSync last year. Dont expect any official update. I could do it, but i need the source to recompile the package with a new gameservinfo.dll (with Gamespy v3 protocol).

Edited by svenson

Yoma stopped working on AddonSync last year. Dont expect any official update. I could do it, but i need the source to recompile the package with a new gameservinfo.dll (with Gamespy v3 protocol).

If you have a dll and are prepared to send me some minor sample of how to use it, i could build a version that uses it.

PM me for details.

If you have a dll and are prepared to send me some minor sample of how to use it, i could build a version that uses it.

Fine. I will implement Gamespy V3 in your old assembly. The newest one seems still running with AddonSync. You would have to change one line of code (GameType enum) only. The query lib is still open source, hosted at Google.

(Closed) Beta version is out to Yoma. Nice to see AddonSync is working again....at least for me. :yay:

Yoma, do we have any chance to get this "update" released to all of us?

I really like AddonSync, but to be perfectly honest I've had to stop using it over Six Updater because I can't find any mirrors for ACE anymore. :(

Yoma, do we have any chance to get this "update" released to all of us?

Yoma is integrating the new DLL into AddonSync atm. He said, he will release it as update when its done...

Yoma when can we expect new version, for me, best addonsync tool?

I really like AddonSync, but to be perfectly honest I've had to stop using it over Six Updater because I can't find any mirrors for ACE anymore. :(

I've actually just made a forum post announcing our AddonSync ACE Dev repo to the public. However the post is currently being reviewed by a moderator :)

You can check this out until then however.

Hi all,

As a member and administrator of a ArmA 2 team we have our own dedicated server hosting ArmA, ftp and Addon Sync repository. Basically, players only use Addon Sync client to update their addons, which make it sure that everybody is synchronized with the server content. That stuff work fine. However the repository builder has a major drawback. It can't do partial rebuild. Meaning that a minor add to the repository would go into a full rebuild of the repository. With several Go of addons, this could take one hour. Speaking for many ArmA 2 teams I know, such a feature would be very wellcome.

Well if Yoma do not have time to spend in Addon Sync anymore, I would really appreciate the source code to be shared on a SVN server or something else so that others like me could still make the stuff going on.

Edited by Major_Shepard

Try Six Updater: http://www.six-updater.net/p/about.html

Saves you a lot of bandwidth due to differential transfers (delta patching), and many other benefits too, like auto TS3 join, full ACRE/JayArma2lib support, missions support, only upload changed files.

Strong world-wide mirror network available out of the box with over 200 mods, and 16 active mirrors. And lots more planned http://dev-heaven.net/projects/six-arma-updater/roadmap

And above all 24/7 active development and support!

http://six.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Six_Updater+CustomRepos_Setup

Edited by Sickboy

I appreciate sickBoy what you do for the ArmA community. But players of my team and many others I know do not understand SixBrowser and so they don't want to use it. I know team that develop their own updater and it is very simple. Two or tree buttons and a list of addons and that's all. Players are very happy with that. They very much prefeared to spend their time in playing Arma 2 rather than looking for a the very last release of addons in a huge mess of servers.

Edited by Major_Shepard